Huge Progress
737 3 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Rose stared in awe at the potion in her hand. The marauder potion originally belonged to the Lord of the Mysteries universe and was the first potion of the Error Pathway. Initially, these potions didn't give any particularly potent abilities, only increasing the drinker's ability to commit theft, and improving their observational skills, however, as one goes deeper into their pathway, the abilities one gains become more and more powerful. At sequence 9, the abilities are minimal. Still, at sequence 7, the Error Pathway gives one a mastery of spells and mysticism, and at sequence 6, one can steal even the power of other people, and at sequence 0, even concepts like "childhood" can be stolen.

'Down the hatch,' Rose emboldened herself and drank the foul-tasting potion in one swig. As the potion settled into her body, she began to see things that the human eye wasn't meant to see, indicating that she had opened her Spirit Vision. Looking at the Whitebeard pirates along the ship, she could see their current emotions through the colour of their aura, and even their health by how brightly their aura shined.

Soon, Rose's eyes began to hurt under the strain of her spirit vision, and so she followed the directions indicated in the book to "switch off" her spirit vision. She closed her eyes, envisioned a test tube, and repeatedly told her spirituality to end. When she opened her eyes again, the world had returned to normal.

Rose squinted and saw the island where the remainder of the Whitebeard pirates had stayed behind, and reactivated her spirit vision. Suddenly, her vision was flooded by what seemed to be a gigantic pillar of light, towering over all other auras on the island, 'Wow, Whitebeard in his prime really can't be underestimated, huh?'

Once the ship arrived, Rose climbed back onto the island, leaving the job of hauling off the majority of her spoils to her brothers and ran over to Whitebeard excitedly.

Whitebeard spoke, "I take it that your trip was a success, then?" Rose excitedly nodded and proudly stated, "Within a year, we will have a ship more powerful than even Pluton!"

While the members of the Whitebeard pirates were loading the experimental equipment into the strategy room, Whitebeard remembered something and said, "You also seemed to have improved greatly over your control of observation Haki, I felt an observer looking at me from the ship!"

Rose stroked her non-existent beard and thought, 'Perhaps there is a link between observation Haki and spirit vision, they both allow you to see the same fundamental things. Come to think of it, wasn't seeing emotion something that only the Fool and Hermit pathways could accomplish? How come I could see the astral body when I'm a member of the Error pathway?'

Rose filed the thought under her ever-increasing list of things that needed to be tested before making her way to the strategy room, which now looked far more like a laboratory than somewhere where tactical decisions would be made, and began distilling water and creating pure ethanol before boiling a glass slide in the ethanol and placing it under a microscope. She finally changed out of her old clothes and into a shirt, skirt, and lab coat, held together with a belt around her waist. She took out a test tube and a needle and walked out of her lab to find Marco.

Rose smiled innocently at Marco and asked, "Yo, Marco, could you give me some blood?"

Just as Marco was about to refuse, he saw the clipboard faintly glitching.

"Of course, sister! Where would you like to draw it from?"

18