Momo: Chapter 2
8 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 2: Blazing Departure

SARA

Week 3

Weeks passed. I tried to get in touch with my friends but none of them showed up. Kalyn told me that she was working a rotating schedule, and could never be sure from week to week when she would get off each day. Shouma said she worked over ten hours each day, and was usually exhausted by the end of the week. Marsha said she had family issues to take care of. None of them had any time for me, which was good, I guess. It meant that I had more time for my boyfriend.

But it seemed like he often went into a job in the middle of the city, taking a long drive from the suburbs where we lived. He also said that he was a part of social clubs, and I respected that. I was a part of gaming clubs and book clubs after all, so I knew the feeling of going to a tight-knit social community based on common interests. I had him supporting me so I stayed home and waited for him.

DUDEBRO

I kinda sorta texted her friends (who were also my friends) and told them that I wanted to make time with her, so I needed them to make excuses why they couldn't visit. That was only part of the truth though. The actual truth was I wanted her completely dependent on me so that I could fuck her whenever I wanted. She had worked on her body since before when she was a little chubby, and I was wanting a live-in prostitute who would do her work for free. Maybe if I made her desperate enough, she would even pay me rent!

As for my job in the city, well, I did have a full-time job, but since it was dealing with customers, I never had actual overtime. And the clubs? Nightclubs, man! I slept with as many hot women I could my paycheck. I stayed out as much as I wanted. If a girl got pregnant? No my problem! She'd have to get rid of it.

SARA

Week 7

After I begged and pleaded, one of my friends named Kara Goodrow showed up. We stopped at a restaurant modeled after old drug stores with the whole shakes and malts with burgers and such. I ordered a vegan version of hot dog and fries, while Kara got a real hamburger. I wanted to keep my figure, not out of any ethical concerns. I got a lowfat vanilla shake while she got a strawberry shake with fresh fruit.

The others wouldn't show up under any circumstances, but Kara seemed to sense that I was not doing well. "What's wrong?" she asked. I explained, "Charlie has not been seeing me much lately. And I feel like every time I call, you guys are busy." She looked confused, "Huh?!? Charlie told us that you two wanted some alone time… Oh, no. Awwww honey!" She gave me a big hug, "You don't have to take that! Emotional isolation is abuse." I got defensive, "Hey! Charlie is not an abuser! He's a sweet guy!" She shrugged, "Well, you don't have to intentionally isolate someone to leave them lonely. Anyway, you can call me any time." She slurped her shake, and talked for a little while more then went our separate ways. I decided to take her up on her offer. There was something weird about all of this, and I didn't want to be one of those emotionally dependent gals who got slapped around and made excuses. All the same, I loved the guy, and wanted to trust him. Gemini was wrong where she said that this guy was probably cheating on me. I knew he was a decent guy!

DUDEBRO

Week 12

I figured by now, she would be dependent enough to put out. I was gonna get lucky soon. So I started to see her more often, knowing she would want to do anything for me.

SARA

I hung out with Kara regularly, so I was feeling a lot more emotionally healthy than about five weeks ago. But I certainly welcomed the extra attention, though I kinda wondered why his schedule had suddenly freed up, when before he had all sorts of over time. And so I went along with him when he took me to be bed, as a mixture of curiosity about what had changed, and just because he was my guy.

I wanted to be more a part of his life, though. So one day, I made him dinner, packed it in a bento box that I had found at a Japanese garden/tourist center in Florida, and headed over to his workplace on a day that he said he would be working overtime. I had packed some stir-fried noodles, steamed broccoli rolled in garlic and sriracha, hard-boiled eggs, and some curry with rice. Charlie really liked spicy food, so I was certain he'd like this.

I drove my cute blueberry-colored car over to his workplace, and parked around the side of the building, hoping to surprise him. It was a surprise alright. I made my way up to the second floor through the back stairs, noting that most of the lights of the building were off. As I wanted to surprise him, I didn't turn anything on. I crept to his office, the only room still on.

I nearly dropped my bento box. The room was one of those glass rooms with a metal door, oddly insecure for the sturdy door placed in front of it, but seemingly standard for businesses. And so it was that I saw a secretary on top of Charlie. She had brown hair with a gray jacket and matching pencil skirt. Her clothing was all still on, except her black stockings were slid down to her dark leather pennyloafer heels and her panties were tossed to the side. Charlie's pants were pulled down, and his cock was inside her skirt, as she spread her legs just slightly to accommodate him. I saw "him" rather than "it", not because I'm fond of the practice of identifying male genitalia with the person who possesses it, but I began to realize that the guy I thought I loved was not the sweet guy I thought, but a ginormous dickhead.

In the movies, people make a massive scene, and the guy says, "This is not what it looks like!" In a certain song I remember called The Night The Lights Went Out In Georgia, the sister blows the two of them away. But that wasn't my style. I quietly drove home and tried to do some painting. I use oil-based paints with pigments I mixed myself. I don't often do this, but when I'm stressed or angry, the idea that I make a painting entirely from scratch is soothing. I suppose people who make their own paper for a book they bind themselves feel the same way. I began by mashing fruits and other plants into bowls, adding flour to thicken, and oil to spread. I used strawberry and beet for red, blueberry for blue, spinach leaves for green, and ginger for yellow.

I began with a nice painting of our place, but then intrusive thoughts crept in. Over and over, I saw that woman with her legs spread for him. Before I realized what I was doing, I started painting over the nice blue house with a stark red. I opened a paint thinner, but then I began to feel dizzy and light-headed so I took a nap.

The Next Day

"You're lucky to be alive, Ma'am! The forensics don't seem to think this was arson. An open container of toluene seems to have spilled in the nearby heating vent, and the warm air ignited the fumes. Some of your art supplies caught fire as well, but we managed to salvage some boxes which trying to remove flammable materials from the house. As for you, the same fumes from the thinner seemed to have set you off. Remember to keep the house well-ventilated in the future," said a fireman who really had no right being that sexy. The good news was that I no longer lived with that asshole, and the police didn't suspect me of anything. The bad news? Well, I was kind of homeless for awhile.


I really liked this chapter. In Record of Lodoss War, Parn burns his house down on purpose, so he'll have nowhere to go back to when he starts his quest. Here, it's an accident caused by nervous energy and uncontrolled powers.

0