Chapter-97
69 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was night, and Earth Rumble No. 6 had commenced with the earthbenders showcasing their combat skills.

"The stone will break your bones! The stone will break you! The stone will win!"

"I think his name is Stone," Katara muttered softly, not finding enjoyment in watching hefty and noisy men fighting in the arena.

"Stone! Stone! Stone!" Meanwhile, Sokka was among the spectators, chanting for the fighter who had just defeated his opponent.

"Now the stone will face our champion!" The referee announced, standing atop a pillar of earth, introducing the undefeated house champion. "She's strong! She's unbeatable! She's our champion! The blind bandit!"

Katara, Sokka, and Aang were taken aback, thinking it was some sort of joke. Before them stood a girl, possibly just 12 years old, small and slender, with her dark hair tied back, and her pale, white eyes barely visible. Confident and arrogant, she handed her belt and cape to her two assistants and positioned herself in the middle of the combat arena, facing off against the Stone.

"The Stone is offended that he has to fight a little girl!"

"I'll feel bad for making you cry like a little girl."

"The Stone will take that back! The Stone will destroy you!" She screamed furiously and launched into action.

The Avatar team watched attentively as, with just a couple of steps, the imposing earthbender slipped and ended up with legs wide open due to a ground misstep. It all concluded with an earth pillar erupting beneath the fighter, propelling him out of the ring.

"Wow!" It was undoubtedly the kind of teacher that Bumi had mentioned, an earthbender who observed, listened, and then attacked. Aang was thrilled, believing he had found the right teacher for him.

"Another teacher bites the dust!" The referee declared, raising the hand of the champion, who smiled as she heard the cheers from the audience. "Now... Who dares to challenge our champion? Who wants to win the champion belt and a purse of gold?"

"Championship belt?" Naruto had just returned from the bathroom, and his eyes lit up at the sight of the shiny belt. Before his friends could stop him, he had already leaped into the ring. "I want to fight!"

"..." The referee raised an eyebrow as he saw a golden-haired kid, who only appeared slightly older than the champion, enter the arena. "The Orange Pillar" - he knew who it was.

How could he not? Golden hair and those brightly colored orange clothes.

Undoubtedly, allowing him to fight was a bad idea.

"You want to fight?" The champion didn't allow him to speak, taking a step forward with an arrogant smile. "Very well, here I am." She stomped her foot, creating an echoing ring that allowed her to survey the entire arena, her opponent, who didn't seem much older than her. "Hmmm? A kid wants to play in the big leagues. Hasn't your mommy told you not to fight battles you can't win?"

"Ha ha ha, what a great joke. I'm sorry I have to laugh out loud. Why can't you see my smile?"

"Uhhhhhhh." That was a low blow, and the audience loved it.

Naruto knew his opponent was blind, and he didn't need to be reminded of that fact. Kakashi-sensei had emphasized the importance of never underestimating an opponent, regardless of their perceived disadvantages.

"Hmf, we have a comedian. Let's see if you can keep that smile when I break your jaw."

"Attack, kid!"

"…"

"Oh, Naruto." Katara slapped her forehead in frustration. Everyone in the cave could feel the dark aura surrounding the blind thief.

"I'm a dumb girl."

"Oh..." Naruto scratched his cheek awkwardly, feeling a bit embarrassed. "I really thought you were a pretty boy with a high-pitched voice. I apologize."

"Aang, go get a shovel. We need to dig a grave," Sokka quipped. He couldn't blame the sorcerer for the mistake; the girl's appearance and her rough way of speaking had contributed to the confusion.

"You're dead!" Forget the tournament; she was determined to bury this guy deep beneath the earth. With a powerful leap, she landed on the platform, causing it to shake and split in two.

"Incredible!" Naruto watched in disbelief as the platform separated beneath him. He jumped to avoid falling and started running across the sand. He berated himself for underestimating his opponent.

The blind bandit was equally surprised when the earth plate she raised for protection was shattered by Naruto's punch, narrowly missing her. Reacting quickly, she created a platform to distance herself.

"Ouch, that hurt!" Naruto shook his right hand, two of his fingers throbbing from the impact. He hadn't expected her to create an earth wall to shield herself.

"Someone has a heavy hand," the girl muttered. She couldn't afford to underestimate him again. "You're also heavy and loud; your footsteps give you away."

"So you feel my pain?"

"Huh?" The blind girl was startled when she suddenly lost track of the boy. It was as if he had vanished. She only sensed him when the air whistled above her.

Regrettably, it was too late; she felt herself lifted by her clothing, disconnected from her connection to the earth, leaving her in total darkness.

"Goodbye, girl!"

The next thing she knew, she was moving at high speed and landed on the arena stairs, sitting there. It had been a straightforward victory, considering the skills displayed by both young men.

"The winner! The Orange Pillar!" The crowd erupted in joy. Sokka rushed to claim the reward, as if he had been the one in the battle. Naruto didn't mind; it was all in good fun.

As for the blind bandit, she remained stunned. She had lost without even landing a hit, and it left her frustrated, gritting her teeth in vexation.

"Nice fight."

"..." She kept her head down as the boy approached, offering his hand with a friendly tone. She was silent and didn't take his hand.

"Are you here to console the loser?"

"No, after a friendly fight, it's only right to help your opponent up," he said, still offering his hand with a smile. But she swatted his hand away.

"Get lost, you jerk," she replied grumpily before turning and walking away. Naruto watched her leave, pondering the unusual encounter.

[ If you want to read advance Chapters then go to Pat reon and support me there.

PAT REON I'D:- Alzero ]

6