Chapter 14
102 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After a day of sailing, Allan and the gang finally arrived on an island called Goat Island, the future base of Alvida who kidnapped Koby for two years because of Koby’s navigation talent before she was beaten by Luffy who was floating on a barrel.

As for how Luffy survived, Allan could either blame plot armor or believe that before Luffy stepped in the Grand Line, similar to how his father saved him in Logue Town, his father was right beside him watching over his actions.

So even after Luffy’s boat got wrecked, he was able to go in a barrel and find Alvida’s boat.

After sailing for so long and being acquainted with the vastness of the sea, Allan could confirm how unlikely it was for Luffy to just survive at sea without Dragon’s help, so the second option should have happened, Dragon looked after his son, pushed the barrel towards Alvida’s boat then watched the fun until Luffy entered the Grand Line.

“Alright, Fossa, you stay here with the ship, Gin, Kaku, and I will lead three people each to scour the whole island for anything valuable.”

Allan instructed.

As for mutiny from the new recruits, Allan wasn’t too worried, Gin’s pelicans were watching the ship.

Kaku and Gin did not question Allan’s decision, but after a whole day of searching, they found nothing of value.

Although disappointed, Allan immediately cheered himself up, he was just trying to see whether the Devil Fruit was on this island, but there were still about 12 years before Alvida found the Devil Fruit and ate it.

The Devil Fruit might not be born yet or another person out there has eaten it.

After searching for a while more, the team returned to Alexandria where Fossa was teaching the new recruits chores on the ship.

The younger ones were quite excited while the older ones were less enthusiastic.

Allan and the other team did not return empty-handed, the three groups each brought back the prey they hunted from the island.

“We’ll rest here and sail away early tomorrow.”

Allan decided.

“Oh right, Gin? Do you want to go ahead and search for a suitable island in advance?”

Allan asked, Gin was always busy taking care of and training pelicans.

Gin stopped to think before ultimately nodding his head.

With Gin’s ability, he was the best candidate to find a suitable island for the pelicans.

The pelicans already stopped increasing and Gin was focused on training the pelicans more, but the new recruits were still not trustworthy enough so Gin had to stall and stop the training.

Gin had to sneak around to take care of the pelicans.

“Well then, see you in Chen Town, bring 3 million berries with you, maybe you can find people there to recruit, It’ll probably take us half a month to arrive in Chen Town.”

Allan added, as to why they didn’t take a shorter route towards the Echo Islands, it was all because Allan wanted to follow Luffy’s route.

Definitely not to check if Koby was in Shells Town or to see the little Usopp or little Nami before finally going to Chen Town.

After a hearty meal, Gin departed.

Gin, as well as a cloud of pelicans, flew up to the sky, the new recruits were confused at first but just treated it as a flock of pelicans migrating.

Allan and the others kept mum about it.

Pelicans had extremely good stamina, in Allan’s past world, pelicans could fly for one whole day non-stop and were also capable of flying in extremely high altitudes, the animals in One Piece were far more resilient, and even the News Coo Birds could navigate the Grand Line.

So Allan wasn’t too worried about Gin and the pelicans.

Seeing Gin disappear in the sky, Allan’s thoughts started to run.

“Hmm, can I take Usopp away?”

Allan murmured, Usopp wasn’t bad, a very gifted sniper, especially Usopp’s talent in Observation Haki.

Unlike Allan who only awakened Observation Haki was nothing out of the ordinary, but Usopp’s Observation Haki had an extremely long range.

“Then take him, but only after Shanks leaves East Blue.”

Allan had a huge opinion on Yasopp early on when watching the series, to proudly abandon his own family even if it was under his own wife’s insistence.

Of course, there could be some kind of event that made Yasopp miss going back and it was already too late when he arrived, but if so, seeing his son at the time, but still leaving, not doing anything for his son, might even be worse.

But overall, such a scenario was much better than Yassop not knowing about his wife’s death at all, considering he returned to East Blue and stayed there for a year, even proudly telling Luffy about his son.

It could even be connected to Vista having some sort of enmity with Yasopp when they met.

Considering Yasopp’s happy-go-lucky personality, how bad was it for Yassop to be glaring at someone whenever they met?

But Allan blamed Shanks even more, Shanks who was one of the strongest in the sea didn’t even take into consideration his crewmate's family welfare after persuading someone to effectively abandon his family.

Maybe it was just Oda’s mistake to create such a bad husband and father, as well as a thoughtless captain character.

Allan shook his train of thoughts away.

Whatever mistakes Oda made, this world was now his reality when the plot ended and he, Allan, was still alive, he would live on without Oda’s pen, even now he’d already changed the plot effectively by recruiting Gin and Kaku first, maybe some other character would fill the hole, but things has already started to change.

“Then I’ll just have to do my best and see what the future holds!”

Allan said confidently, he still had 12 years to grow before Luffy went to sea.

There were many things Allan could do before that, even though Allan wasn’t the best at anything in the past, he planned to push his family the best he could to the peak.

As for the so-called drums of liberation, Allan didn’t care.

As much as he enjoys watching One Piece, he really didn’t like the trope of the chosen one, what did that mean to everyone else who worked even harder than the chosen one?

Was Monkey D. Dragon’s efforts nothing without Luffy and the Nika Fruit?

Why did Gol D. Roger quit?

Wasn’t it because he was born too early?

Ridiculous!

There were so many strange fruits and abilities in the One Piece World that could have slowed down, stopped, or even healed Gol D. Roger’s disease.

But because of a prophecy he read on Laugh Tale, a single prophecy, the Pirate King surrendered and did nothing.

They disbanded after Laugh Tale, instead of scouring the sea for some way to extend his life, Roger gave up!

He believed that he was born too early!

His last hoorah was to leave a seed and maybe even hope that his son would become the chosen one.

And this was knowing full well that his wife would die in the process.

Otherwise, why would Shanks go to Windmill Village?

He obviously did not know of Luffy’s existence until they met, so who was he there for?

Was it purely by fate that Shanks stole the Nika Fruit and ended up in Windmill Village as their base for a whole year?

The hometown of the Marine Hero Garp who was known to regularly visit became Shanks's temporary base!

Was Shanks that stupid?

Even if that was the case, was Benn Beckman, a man touted to be the smartest person in East Blue, could he be stupid enough to make Windmill Village their temporary base?

Shanks and his crew were powerful, but they were definitely not a match for 66-year-old Garp so it didn’t make sense for them to stay where Garp could possibly show up.

So other than Ace, who would be the key person for his visit?

Ace! It was definitely Ace, but seeing Luffy changed his mind.

Even Allan thought about whether Shanks was stuck in Windmill Village because of hesitation, after all, how old was Shanks?

Shanks was only 27 years old at the time!

He could have eaten the Devil Fruit himself!

And since it fell on his hands, he was definitely qualified to eat it, Fate or not, the Nika Fruit can’t do anything if Shanks ate it.

But after Luffy ate the Devil Fruit by accident, Shanks let go to the point where he allowed his right hand to be lost.

After all, Shanks was powerful enough to be an Emperor of the Sea, how could saving Luffy equate to losing an arm? With Observation Haki and a ranged attack, or even stunning the sea beast with his Conqueror’s Haki, all these were definitely enough to save Luffy, so it was Shanks's own decision to lose his arm.

Shanks was another victim of the so-called Fate.

After Luffy’s Devil Fruits reveal and subsequent increase in bounty, Shanks wanted to find One Piece.

What did Shanks mean by doing so?

Didn’t he bet his future already?

Was it part of an elaborate plan?

Otherwise, why would Oda give Shanks the smartest person in East Blue?

Other than Shanks's status as Celestial Dragon, what other status did Shanks hold to be able to meet with the Gorosei?

Or was it just Shanks trying to prove that he could fight against fate?

After all, Shanks has an extremely powerful Conqueror’s Haki, so what kind of will did Shanks carry?

So Allan wanted to know, he wanted to meet Shanks and even ask questions, but he was not qualified yet.

Was Shanks a pawn?

Or was he a Player?

Was it just because of someone who failed to liberate the world in the past, that their second coming would do anything different?

Did Joy Boy lose on purpose so he gave a prophecy for someone in the future?

When did Joy Boy who lost the fight have the gall to think his inheritor would succeed?

Fate? What a joke!

Humans were given the right to choose, rational faculties so they could make decisions for themselves, not to be led around by others.

Of course, Allan could be wrong, that everything Roger did was a helpless decision, that he tried his best to live and cure his disease, that his surrender was a helpless decision so his crewmates could be safe and live a quiet life.

But so what?

It did not change anything at all.

Everything that happened in the series perfectly aligned to make Luffy the hero.

Allan clenched his fist hard till it bled, he definitely wouldn’t be able to take the Devil Fruit away from the World Government or Shanks’s hands.

As for killing Luffy, it didn’t even pass through his thoughts, why should he kill an innocent person?

Take Luffy in the family? With Garp and Shanks as guards, it was definitely impossible.

So build his family, build his strength, and ride the waves.

Whether this world followed Fate’s whims remains to be seen!

Allan could feel something brewing deep within him.

BOOM!

The ship’s floor started to crack and everyone except Kaku fell down unconscious.

“This is!”

Kaku exclaimed but weirdly enough, Kaku was unaffected.

“Our dream Kaku! We’ll definitely make it true!!!”

Allan said with his fist raised high with excitement.

Conqueror’s Haki!

Allan never thought he had Conqueror’s Haki, whenever he mentioned strength and power, Allan never included Conqueror’s Haki in his mind.

“Hahaha!”

Allan laughed happily, although he meant what he said in the past, he couldn’t deny that he was lacking in qualification.

But now.

His remaining worries were swept away, and his only problem was the little Ship Spirit that ruined the moment.

“Wavy, can’t you give me a chance to savor the moment.”

Allan said with a sigh, Kaku couldn’t help but laugh cheerfully.

Allan was still the old Allan, Kaku thought in relief.

Meanwhile, Wavy who was always timid pulled Allan’s hair while gesturing towards the damaged floor.

Allan who found out could only scratch his head and pretend to be oblivious, as the default shipwright, Wavy was justified in his anger.

“Hehe, I’m sorry Wavy, so I’ll depend on you for the future.”

Allan said with a teasing smile, Wavy wanted to forgive him at first, but after hearing Allan’s full words, another game of hairpulling commenced.

Wavy suddenly jumped down and pulled out his hammer from nowhere.

Allan who saw this ran away immediately, Kaku looked at Allan with a smirk.

Good thing the others were still unconscious because of Allan’s outburst.

“Al got stronger again.”

Kaku murmured, it seemed like he had to put more emphasis on training again.

Hi everyone!

Author here.

If you like the story so far, do leave a rate or review!

It helps a lot.

3