Chapter 16
98 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

There was Bluejam who now has 14,300,000 berries bounty mainly sails near Goa Kingdom.

Of course, there was Buggy who had 15 million berries, even though Allan could technically catch Buggy, he didn’t want to risk alarming the other Roger Pirates.

Who knows, maybe another Roger Pirate hid in East Blue, any of them could beat Allan and his family.

Although Allan was not sure whether Buggy had already occupied Orange Town.

Allan still decided to skip Orange Town and go straight to Syrup Village.

Allan did want to save Orange Town if he could, but Buggy was still a crew member of the Roger Pirates, Buggy might seem weak but he was not someone Allan could currently handle, Allan didn’t plan to overestimate his own family’s power.

Ace, Sabo, and Luffy were prime examples of youth and power, although they all trained hard and fought everyday, the Bluejam Pirates were powerful enough to crush them.

Alan, Kaku, and Gin who were almost similar in terms of age had Six Styles and two Devil Fruits, with a better and systematic training, their battle prowess was definitely above that of Ace, Sabo, and Luffy.

At the least, each of them could deal with Bluejam alone, so as long as two or three of them were together, Allan felt that they would be safe in East Blue, even if they were alone, Allan felt that they could each run away when needed.

So dealing with Bluejam would be easy, but Buggy was a wild card, for someone who was in Roger’s boat, one would expect that Buggy knew Haki, but so far Buggy hasn’t shown any concrete signs of it.

But Allan had an inkling that Buggy wasn’t that weak, although Buggy didn’t show it, there was one scene where Borsalino fired a laser and only Buggy’s hat was shot, this might mean that Buggy dodged it intentionally, or Borsalino missed intentionally.

Even if Buggy only knew the most basic application of Haki, it was enough to trash Allan, Kaku, and Gin together. 

Buggy and Borsalino were two of the most mysterious characters in One Piece, so Allan didn’t want to luck out when dealing with Buggy.

Other pirates whom Allan was not familiar with ranged from a measly 100,000 berries bounty to 10 million berries bounty.

He and Kaku memorized all the bounties available, of course, with their current strength, the bounties weren’t important, as long as they met, Allan and Kaku could just catch them and turn them over to the marines.

The kids were a bit wary when they arrived on the ship, but once the food was placed in front of them, the wariness disappeared and the cheerfulness of the children finally reappeared.

The older ones in the new recruits were also chosen to take care of the children with the exception of Koby and Carina.

The two were arranged next to Allan and Kaku’s room.

It’s not that Allan didn’t want to make fair arrangements, it’s just that he was too enthusiastic earlier that he forgot, and now that he has treated the two with preferential treatment, they would only be excluded by the others or treated differently so he decided to directly raise them as part of the family and having their own room was only natural, but what he didn’t expect was that both Koby and Carina found his room and asked if they could sleep with him.

Of course, with Gin and Kaku’s arrangement, Allan’s bed was the best that they could buy, the size was definitely not a problem.

Looking at the timid Koby and the cute little Carina who was definitely acting cute on purpose, Allan could only surrender telling them that it was only because they were young wholly forgetting that he was still 11 years old this year.

The very next day Alexandria sailed away, and Allan saw one of the marines who looked very familiar, if he was correct, it was definitely Morgan.

But Morgan still looked like a spirited marine full of justice, Allan blamed Jango’s hypnosis which broke Morgan's brain turning him into a crazy tyrant, of course, Allan might be wrong and it was really just Morgan letting go of his shackles.

“It’s a pity about Helmeppo.”

Helpmeppo was able to tap his potential when he was already 20 years old, if he started to train from a young age, Helmeppo’s potential would definitely be excellent.

Allan murmured looking away, next he was going to visit Syrup Village, as for why, although he wanted to see Usopp, he originally wanted to do so after Shanks and his group went away.

But Allan realized something, Banchina should have died when Usopp was young, but similar to Luffy, Usopp was only 5 years old this year, so Banchina might still be alive.

So Allan was going to try and save Banchina, so the day before Allan offered the best doctor in Shells Town a sizable amount of money to come and sail with them for some time.

This was not Allan’s obsession with Usopp or Banchina, he just hates people who abandon their own family and children.

It's not like Yasopp was keeping it a secret that he has a child and wife, he was pretty open about it with the people he met like Luffy and possibly Daddy Masterson, and if anyone wanted to investigate, it wasn’t too hard to find out where Yasopp was from considering that he was already quite famous in East Blue, and subsequently knowing about his family.

This world was the world of Pirates and the World Government who both would not blink an eye to use a person’s family as hostage.

So wouldn’t it make more sense for Yasopp to actually bring his son with him after the death of his wife?

Or make arrangements so that his son had the ability to protect himself?

With Yassop’s bounty, the orphaned Usopp would make for a good bait.

So what if Yassop could fulfill his dreams, then what? Should his abandoned son feel proud? Should his dead wife who waited for him but died doing so be proud? Who should be proud that he fulfilled his dreams? Himself? Shanks and his crew?

How sad a character Usopp was?

So Allan was going to save Banchina, bring Usopp up, maybe in the future Usopp or Allan could beat some sense into Yassop.

Along with Allan’s Conqeror’s Haki awakening, his confidence has also soared.

Although Allan made sure that he himself didn’t change, some of his deeply hidden principles started to show.

Ever since his youth, Allan had always disliked the characters glorified in movies who die for their so-called honor and principle, all without considering what would happen to their family, their sons, daughters, and wives when they leave a slew of ungrateful and vengeful enemies.

Such heroes have deeply tragic families often experiencing horrendous situations with it being worse for the female characters, with the male characters being the ones who usually hold the torch of revenge.

Yasopp was a perfect example, if a fairly competent or decisive bounty hunter thought of going after Yasopp’s bounty, his family would be the first to bear the brunt, so leaving didn’t even mean protection, just his selfish desire to go to sea.

A woman who loved him deeply, bore him a son, knowing her husband wanted to go to sea and be a pirate, she didn’t hesitate to push him towards his dream, but what did she get in return?

After years of waiting until she died, not one visit or letter from his successful husband, her son even knew to lie about pirates arriving because he knew full well his mother was always waiting.

Such a precious person and her husband couldn’t even care to make a short visit or send a letter.

If the fight between Yasopp and Daddy Masterson actually happened, then that guy even had the gall to lecture someone about taking care of his own family, who didn’t even bother to return and visit his own family even when he had the chance.

So whether he liked it or not, Allan has decided to make it a small goal, to beat Yassop in the future.

Although Allan thought of it as a small goal, he still knew that it was an extremely difficult task, but by then Allan would also have his own team of strong family members.

But that was for the future, the important thing was to try and save Banchina first.

And Allan would not foolishly endanger his own family for his small goal, so until he truly had the strength to do so, he would not tell anyone his plans.

If the doctor he brought could not save Banchina, then bring Banchina with them to Chen Town, a more developed town famous for its tourism where bounty hunters abound, that place should have a good amount of skilled doctors.

Although, if Banchina was healed, Allan planned to return her to Syrup Village with Usopp afterward, if the douchebag of a father did not return even though his wife was alive, then he’ll take her away along with Usopp.

After all, maybe it was the death of his wife that pushed Yasopp to become a total asshole of a father, so give him a chance, if he really doesn’t try to redeem himself, then the small goal will truly be established.

Sailing in the vast sea, the children gasped in amazement, some were seasick at first but overall, the people in One Piece were extremely resilient.

The doctor Allan hired was also busy giving the people on the ship checkups, after all, Allan hired him with half his remaining money as a downpayment and the latter half after they hunted down more pirates.

The seagulls flew around the ship and the children ran around the deck chasing other children Koby and Carina included.

Kaku and Allan were already doing their daily training.

Fossa and the other boys were handling the ship courtesy of Kaku’s month-long training, now in the East Blue, Fossa and the other boys could already sail freely by themselves.

So Kaku was in full training mode along with Allan who was constantly trying to access his Conqueror’s Haki.

Awakening didn’t mean that Allan could use Conqueror’s Haki with ease, it just meant Allan unlocked the first step.

Afterward, Allan helped Kaku with his Observation Haki training.

Allan also trained his devil fruit development further, with his Conqueror’s Haki awakened, he felt the impact of the will of his devil fruit drastically lessen and the rate of his progress made Allan extremely happy.

The two did their training inside the Alexandria so as not to be seen by the new recruits and even the children.

In a good mood, Allan would often be seen playing with the children for some time.

After two more days of sailing.

Alexandria finally reached Gecko Islands where Syrup Village was bypassing Orange Town or the Organ Islands.

Gecko Islands was actually quite big with two major entrances, one was what the anime showed where Luffy, Nami, and Sanji first met Usopp, and the other side was a bustling port town, where Kaya usually went to shop.

Kaya’s parents were extremely rich merchants but were relatively low key making them the perfect target for Kuro’s plans.

Some people might think that Kuro’s plans were a bit lacking for the person with the second-highest IQ in East Blue, but Allan thought otherwise.

Kuro wanted to retire and live a peaceful life, that was his goal, not to live a rich life, but a peaceful one, so Kaya’s parents were the best fit.

Kuro was already 90% successful when he became Kaya’s butler.

And without Luffy’s intervention, his goal would’ve been achieved without much problem.

After stepping foot on Gecko Island.

It didn’t take long for Allan to find Banchina’s house.

Her unique feature which Usopp inherited made the whole town familiar with her.

Add in the rather famous husband, and Allan, Kaku, Koby, and Carina found themselves waiting outside the door after a few knocks.

But what greeted them was a five-year-old boy with a rather long nose, curly hair, and light brown skin.

Hi everyone!

Author here!

If you like the story so far, do leave a rate or review!

Thanks to everyone who did leave rates and reviews!

Have a great day!

3