Chapter 2: A new home
0 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The sadness quickly pushed aside, Mino walks happily behind his brother as he lead the way. Soon enough they would reach a sign reading 'Leaving Fonda. Entering Laveritia'. Mino tilts his head and looks at his brother "Are we leaving the city?". His brother turns his head towards Mino and gives a quick nod "Yep yep, the house is in the next city, Lavertitia". Having never left his home city, Mino looks even more excited now and his tail starts to wag extremely quickly "Woah, I get to see a new city finally!". Sora just gives a happy laugh at Minos reaction and watches his tail sway so fast, that only a blur can be seen "It's rare to see you so excited that your canine behavior comes out". Minos face turns red and he grabs his own tail, hugging it tightly "W...well, i...it's just so e...exciting". 

They both continue walking for a long time and then Mino speaks, sounding slightly exhausted "Are we there yet?". Sora shakes his head and gives a soft chuckle "Just a little longer and we are there". An annoyed noise escapes from Minos mouth and he pouts "It's so hot, can we at least get some ice-cream?". "Not yet, lets get to our new home first. And who knows, they might even have ice-cream there" His brother responds, rolling his eyes. Slight grumbles can be heard from Mino while he continues to pout "They better...". 

Another 30 minutes pass until both of them finally arrive at the house, all the exhaustion having left Mino and turned into nervousness. He looks at the house and his surroundings. The house has 2 floors and a big garden with many different flowers in front of it. An impressed expression can be seen on his face as he admires the big building in front of him "This place is big and so pretty. Look at all the flowers! They are so pretty and well taken care of". A nod of agreement comes from Sora before he starts to knock on the door.

It doesn't take long and the door opens, revealing two people. One being a canine with brown fur, slightly bigger than Sora and having quite a bit more muscle than him as well. The feature that jumps into view the most about him though are his eyes. The right eye having an orange color while the left one is green really isn't something common. As for his clothing style, he is wearing black, jeans, which are ripped around the knees. His chest is covered by a grey shirt which he wears a green/dark grey jacket over.
The other person, who has opened the door is a bat. His fur is a mix of purple and black and his hair is black with orange accents in them. The most distinct feature on him would be the skin going from his elbow to his hips, forming his bat-like wings. As for his clothes, he wears a shirt that turns from orange to black as it goes down. The shirt is also completely open on the side, so that his wings have space to connect to his body. Added to that, his shorts being black with orange accents make his outfit complete. 

The bat starts to talk "Sora, we were already waiting! It's great that you and your brother will live with us now". The bat guy looks around "Speaking of which, where is he?". Sora cant help but give a small chuckle as he feels his brother hiding behind his back, shaking slightly from the nervousness "He is right here!". "There is no need to be afr..." The canine immediately stops talking once Sora steps out of the way and both, the canine and the bat just stare at Mino in silence. Mino looks at the both of them and seems even more nervous by the awkward silence "H...hi, I...I'm M...m...mino". "Pretty" Both of them say synchronically in responds and almost in an instant Minos face turns red and he tries to use his tail to hide and buries his face inside of it. 

The bat steps forward and reaches his hand out to Mino "My name is Jack. If you ever need anything, just tell me and I will bring it as fast as possible". The canine steps between the two of them and reaches his hand out to Mino "Or you ask me and I will bring it to you even faster then him! The names Bolt by the way". Mino just gives some shy whimpers from feeling slightly overwhelmed by the two of them. Sora places a hand on Minos shoulder and gives him a reassuring smile "Well, my brother really wanted some ice-cream on the way here. Maybe you two have something here?". Jack and Bolt both look at each other, knowing fully well they didn't have any at home. Both of them dash past Mino and Sora and all that can be heard is both of them saying in the distance and at the same time "I will get some right away!". 

Mino gives Sora a confused look and pouts "They didn't even ask what flavor I like". Sora laughs happily and shrugs "Well, we will see what they get. For now, lets settle in. I will show you your room". Both of them head inside and Sora leads his brother to his new room. They walk through a small hallway that connects the entrance with the living room and from there they walks into another hallway that has 4 doors, 2 on the left and 2 on the right. The hallways and the Livingroom look slightly messy as Mino and Sora pass through and are looking rather boring with their beige colored wallpapers and wooden floors. As they stop in front of the first door to the left, Mino smiles a little "The place looks even more boring than grandmas. I didn't even know that was possible". Sora can't help but laugh at Minos comment and pats his brothers head "They really did the impossible, didn't they?".
Mino places his hand on the doors handle and slowly pushes the door open, revealing a rather medium sized room in the exact same colors as everything else and steps inside "Woah, this room is so big. It feels like it's twice the size of my old room". Sora nods and smiles "Yes, it really does. All of the rooms are rather big in this house. All 4 bedrooms have the same size, the Livingroom is even bigger and even the bathroom seems big enough for 3 people". Minos head gets patted one last time by his brother before he turns to head to his own room, which is right on the opposite side "Well brother, lets get comfy. We are allowed to do with those rooms whatever we want".

Both of them start to unpack their things and start to get comfortable in their own rooms. Since all that was inside of the rooms where an untouched bed and a big wardrobe, both of them decide to get new furniture and to completely redesign their rooms soon. Sora puts his clothes into the closet and leaves everything else that would be put into some kind of furniture in his luggage for now. Mino does the same with his things, though he places his guitar to lean against the bed.
Afterwards Mino steps back out of his room and walks through the house, exploring. At first he enters the Livingroom again and gives it a better look. It still looks rather boring. All the furniture in this room is a brown couch made out of fabric, a rather big TV on a shelf and a wooden table with various stains and some trash on it. From there on he walks over into the kitchen, which seems so be somewhat connected with the Livingroom by a huge opening in the wall that acts as a dinning table. 4 rather uncomfortable looking chairs are standing on both sides of the table. The kitchen though looks rather well equipped with everything you would need to cook anything you want. Next up Mino enters the bathroom and he looks impressed as he sees that it indeed looks like it was made for 3 people at the same time. There may only be one toilet, but in one corner there is a gigantic shower with a drain in the middle of it. In the other corner is a gigantic bathtub that can at least fit 3 people. What makes it the most obvious that the room was made for multiple people are the 3 sinks next to each other. 

Mino decides that this is as good of a time as any to quickly wash his hair. So he heads back to his room to grab his shampoo and starts to wash his hair. Sora on the other hand just lays in his bed and reads. 
After a while the front door opens and Jack and Bolt enter the house again, seeming fully exhausted and head towards the Livingroom, where Mino and Sora are sitting together on the couch, watching TV. Both of them rush up to Mino and hand out a whole bucket of ice-cream each to him. Jacks ice-cream has vanilla flavor while Bolts has strawberry flavor. Minos eyes light up happily as he smiles happily at the two of them "Oooo, I love vanilla and strawberry ice-cream mixed!". Both of them seem heavily relieved, since they noticed halfway through themselves that they didn't knew what flavor they should get. Bolt grabs the bucket from Jack and heads towards the kitchen "Then I will make a bowl ready for you immediately".
Jack takes the opportunity and sits down next to Mino, smiling at him "So have you gotten yourselves comfortable yet?". Sora and Mino both nod and Mino looks Jack up and down "I have never seen a bat guy". Jack looks proud of himself and nods "Well, what can I say. We are quite rare indeed". Mino starts to poke the skin that makes Jacks wings "Can you really fly with these?". To that Jack just chuckles and shakes his head "Nah, those aren't meant for flying. What I can do though is glide with them when I jump from a high place". Bolt places the bowl down on the table and sits down next to Jack. Before he can even say anything, Mino snatches the bowl and starts eating the ice-cream "And you, I have never seen someone with two different eye colors". Bolt nods and laughs happily "I am quite happy to be blessed with this. There really aren't many who have their eyes that way". 

The empty bowl drops into Minos lap and he starts to hold his head tightly "B...brain freeze!". All of them start to laugh happily and Jack gets up to bring the bowl over into the kitchen. Sora pokes Minos cheek "Told you many times by now to eat slowly". Mino pouts and sits back like normal, mumbling "Is too tasty". Then he looks at Bolt and smiles "Oh yeah, how come you two let us live here for free. It's not every day that someone offers something like that". "Oh well, you see, we actually have quite enough money, so we don't need you two to pay for living with us. Your sole presence and all the fun we will have in the future is payment enough" Bolt says in a proud voice. Then Jack interrupts "And since we both work at night, we get more money than the average person. We even have quite a bit of days off". Sora tilts his head slightly to that "The night shift you say? That's an interesting choice for sure".
Mino seems bored by the topic and looks at Bolt, looking slightly nervous again "S...so sorry of this i...is a dumb question, but how did your parents come on the name Bolt f...for you?". Before Bolt can even answer, Jack chuckles and answers for him "Don't even bother asking. It's not his real name and nobody knows his real real name in the first place. All we know is that he wants everyone to call him Bolt". Mino looks confused and interested at that and scoots closer to Bolt "Really? Why don't you want people to know your name?". Bolt though, just dodges the question and answers jokingly "Gotta keep some mystery to my person. Don't ya think it makes me more interesting?".
He starts to chuckle happily and looks over to the kitchen at Jack "And its not like I am the only one with secrets here". Jack looks away and grumbles while Mino looks at him interested "Jack isn't his real name?". Bolt chuckles and shakes his head "No no, it is. His secret is that nobody knows anything about his past. It's like he suddenly appeared out of nowhere. I am the one who knows his story the farthest back. Tho that's only cause I am the first person he ever met since he oh so mysteriously appeared". At that, Mino looks even more interested and impressed and he turns towards Sora "You heard that brother? Both of them have so much that we can explore!". 

"ZzzzZzzz" Sora seems to have slept through the whole conversation. Silence fills the room for a little and Mino slowly pulls a black marker out of his pocket, looking at Bolt and Jack menacingly and placing a finger on his mouth "Shhh". After being done, Mino smiles at Bolt and Jack innocently and just heads off to his room. Bolt and Jack both look at each other confused and approach Sora. Both of them start to laugh, seeing that Mino drew him a beard and some weird eyebrows. To that Sora slowly wakes up and looks around confused and disoriented "W...what? what's so funny?". Both of them turn and head towards their own rooms, whistling. Sora looks even more confused and slowly gets up, walking to the bathroom. The next thing that can be heard through the whole city is am angry scream "MINOOOOOOOOOO!".

0