What If Clay didn’t have Fireproof Scales?
22 2 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Quick! You have to hide!" Clay, without thinking, grabbed Peril and tried to pull her put of the way. He froze. For a silent moment, everyone stared at Clay's talons against Peril, and then the SkyWing glanced up at him in horror.

Clay started screaming.

He yanked his talons off of Peril and she leaped away from him, horrified. "No! No, Clay!" She yelled.

Tsunami and Starflight started screaming too, and Tsunami jumped into the air, wings flapping wildly. "HELP HIM! SOMEBODY HELP HIM!"

"AAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAEEEEEEEEEIIIIIIII" Clay screeched as his talons turned to ash. He collapsed in a heap, the world going dark as he passed out.

•••

(Peril POV)

"No! No, Clay!"

No! No, Clay! No! No, Clay! Her last words to him echoed in her mind as she stared at his body.

"YOU KILLED HIM!" Tsunami shouted at her. "HE'S DEAD BECAUSE OF YOU!"

"He's not dead," whispered Starflight, "just... just unconscious... but dying."

"What can we do? What can we do?" Peril gasped out. Starflight stayed silent for a moment, then shook his head. 

"Nothing. He's..." The NightWing didn't need to finish. Peril cried out will grief. Tears streamed down Tsunami's face.

"Well, well, well. What a touching scene. Too bad you won't live long enough for a funeral," Scarlet said, touching down. Peril glared at her. "Peril, dear, thank you for killing him. Now do the others, chop chop."

"No." Peril's words — or rather, word — surprised even her.

"Excuse me?" The queen seemed genuinely surprised.

"No. I won't blindly follow your orders anymore. I didn't kill him." She pointed straight at Scarlet. "You did. For Clay!" She launched herself at Scarlet. Two spears reached her heart, the sticks burning away but the tip staying deep inside. But it was too late. Clay had burned.

And now Scarlet did too. 

Peril died with that knowledge and a triumphant smile on her face.

•••

- Consequences -

• Clay dies (duh)

• Scarlet is probably killed by Peril right after

• Peril might die trying to kill Scarlet

• Glory never gets captured by NightWings

• RainWings go extinct

• Much more that I am too lazy to type

•••

- Clay Fact -

Moon saw a Cleril dragonet in a vision, indicating it works out between them.

0