8 :- An eye for an eye
65 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Well dear princess, you might wanna order this little play squad of yours to lower their swords"

"I am the one asking questions here, ugly"

[Just answer her plainly]

"Alright, I'm here to ask for one of the three favors bestowed by your mother upon my sister, Jenny of the celestial Empire"

"you...!!"

Her eyes widen and after a brief second, she breaths out and gestures to the five ladies to lower their swords.

"Please follow me, Gina get some food for our guests from upstairs"

Visibly uncomfortable, she tries her best to hide her nervousness as she leads us through one of the three doors. Inside the room was also the same structure, metal walls, and wooden floor. Several weapons are displayed on the walls with a mahogany table masterfully built with complex flower patterns resting in the middle. 

The princess gestures to the chairs surrounding the table and I take my seat before the princess herself sits down.

"shit...so why isn't this Jenny person here?" 

"oh she is right here" I point to my crimson left eye

"...huh? w-what do you mean??" She makes an expression like she has just heard the most absurd fact in the world

"I butchered her body and now her left eye resides with me, it's rather simple to understand" 

"Like HELL it is!! You expect me to believe this fuckery you are spewing right now?!" angry she slams the table

"I mean princess should be able to understand the removal of eyes quite easily right?" I point two of my fingers towards her own pale pink eyes

The bodies of the four guards standing behind her shake a bit as the princess shuts her eyes before opening them again after a minute

"I see, so let's cut to the chase, What is the favour Jenny wants"

"No Names first?"

"Cut the crap!"

"Nope, my name is Rosetta, and yours?"

"guh! You should already know!!" 

"My name is Rosetta, and yours?"

"..." frustration visible on her face

"My name is Rosetta, and yo-"

"AHH! SHUT UP!! Alright, alright!! It's Lily Ravengaurd! Happy NOW!?! Get to the point already, like FUCK!!!"

Princess seems to have some anger issues

"I am here for one of your eyes, Which one, You are free to decide"

...

pin drop silence in the room

*thup*

only to be broken by the sound of fallen pastry brought just now by the fifth guard

"y-you wh-what....?" the princess struggles to speak

"Eh don't look at me with disgust, It's your mother who made a deal with the devil, and now the devil asks in return one of three favors"

"b-but"

"Don't worry, with one eye gone you won't lose all of your magic, only half of it. One half remains within you and the other back to me"

"..."

Sensing some hostility in her expression, I quickly cleared up her foggy mind

"Don't even think of not respecting the contract forged between your mother and Jenny, the consequences of breaking it won't be pleasant for you or your dear mother"

"I know!! Am I not even allowed to sour my expressions when you just barge in one day asking for my eye!!"

"You can make any expression you want, I'm just speaking words here to clear your head of any stupid ideas"

It's an old story my sister told me after she saw one of the knights from the kingdom coming to the orphanage that took me, the knight spoke of the recruitment program started by the king to allow one commoner to enter the ranks of a knight among the nobles.

The winner to be decided by the fighting competition which was to be held two years after.

The night of that announcement, sister told me an old tale

Several years ago, before my birth here, she created the dolls that would be my parents. After their creation and molding them to her desires, she went out of the mansion deep in the woods and into the kingdom's capital.

There she met the daughter of a duke who was married to the reigning king and was his first wife, but the title was the only thing she had.

Unable to give birth to a boy, her body became infertile after giving birth to her first daughter Lily.

Discovering her infertility, the king started to look outwards for concubines.

Knowing that however many concubines he brings, almost all would give birth to a boy.

Having met my sister, who was able to wield magic despite not being a witch herself, the daughter pondered if she had encountered an angel in disguise, here to help her through her turmoil.

"My sweet child Lily, must become the next ruler of this kingdom. Please give her power to usurp the throne from soon to be born princes"

Sister listened and gave both of her eyes to the three year old Lily. Each eye imbued with half of her powers, as for the child's own eyes, she plucked them for herself.

Thus the daughter's only child was able to bear magic despite not being a witch.

In return, the sister asks for three favors in return for the miracle. 

Break the contract or refuse to comply with any of the three wishes, and both mother and daughter would die the most excruciating death, their demise on the mortal plain just being the beginning of their torment and eternal suffering.

Unable to use magic, the sister returns to the mansion in the woods with the child's plucked eyes in a jar and returns to living her life in peace.

One of those three favors was asked just now

"Can I have a few days before I give back one of my eyes?" the princess asks, now having steeled her resolve

"Spending the remaining time with that precious thing eh"

"Of course not, I'm not some child losing her toy. I need time to prepare for a fake eye, it wouldn't really go unnoticed if the beloved princes of the kingdom suddenly lost one of her eyes"

"Alright take as long as you-"

[No, she has two weeks at maximum to fulfill the favor]

"I guess not, two weeks it is then"

"w-Was that Jenny's order?"

"mhm"

"..."

"Well we can still have some food you know, There's a perfect bakery just a ladder up"

"hahhhh...."

...

...

...

Ordering the guards the leave the room, me and lily enjoy our time eating the butterscotch pastry.

"So, who are those five ladies? Your guards?"

"Do we need to have small talk? Can't you just eat and leave?"

"So, those ladies?"

"hahh...no they are not guards. They are the daughters of my mother's personal group of trained assassins"

"ah, that's cool, so have you ordered them to kill anyone yet?"

"Yes, several times...also I'm a few years older than you, shouldn't you speak with some honorifics"

"mm, so Lily is also eyeing the throne huh, but will the kingdom accept a lady as its ruler? or would even the king allow it?"

"That's why I have built the reputation as a benevolent and wise daughter of the kingdom. The light magic gifted to me allows me to perform these so called miracles with several fake powders I have produced and labeled as medicine. I give them this medicine and the next day they are all healthy, though I suppose that power would weaken now..."

[If that's the case, tell her to give the right eye, that one is responsible for offensive light magic]

"These healing capabilities are because of the left eye, the right eye should be your choice then"

"Is that so...well I guess even that decision is made for me"

"hmm, so you don't want the throne?"

"huh? Where did that come from?"

"Just asking, We are about to become friends after all"

"Who decided that?!"

"Well you are about to give me one of your eyes, so you know, figure it out"

"ghhh...it's my mother's dream and I must fulfill it"

"That's a very simple reason"

"And? what of it? Have a problem with that?!" Again anger flairs on her face

"Mommy's little angel"

*fwup*

A punch faster than light greets my face, making me lose balance and fall off the chair. 

That was fast, way too fast.

[She still has the right eye you know]

'So why is sister giving me this awesome power?'

[There's a war to come, one that would uproot this kingdom and shake it to its core]

'is that so'

[The witches enslaved by the kingdom will have their turning point with that witch Anabelle acting as its catalyst]

'is that why you asked me to kill her in the forest?'

[Yes, she would break the control the kingdom has over the witches with that thing she is seeking here. I still ask you to kill her, she will disrupt the peace of this kingdom]

'Well, friends don't kill each other. It's not nice to kill your friends'

[I thought so, thus we need you to survive the upcoming turmoil and also protect that first love of yours. Which is not going to happen without some of my magic assisting you]

'aww..sister has come a long way from her torturing me daily days'

[I'm just doing what I can do to survive myself, my life depends on your life as well]

'Well whatever makes you sleep at peace'

[I'm not lying]

'sure, sure'

"erm...so are you just going to plant your ass on the ground forever now?"

The princess asks, looking at me lying on the ground with some rather disturbing look.

...

...

...

Roaming around the back of the Politics department, I search for the first prince.

This is the place where the first encounter between the first prince and me occurs in the game.

Looking around the department for a peaceful place to rest, the silver haired beauty stumbles upon the darling first prince, resting on the bench nearby.

His sharp face and ruffled blonde hair added charm to his elegant and perfectly crafted face. His uptight sitting posture and legs crossed even while sleeping made any person describe him as a perfect prince charming.

Just like how it was described in the game, there he was resting in all his majesty.

Alright time for the first event to occur!!

4