What did Belial do again?
22 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"We're done!" Emelia shouted, raising both of her arms above her head. Then, like a puppet with its strings cut, she collapsed onto the table in front of her saying, "Tired."

"Now we can have a party!" Lilith said, pumping her fist, "Do you think Marbas can turn me into an actual disco ball."

Anthony contemplated for a second before replying, "Honestly he probably could, it's not the craziest thing in the world, and you're already halfway there."

Just then they heard a sonic boom sound and a blast of wind rushed past them. After the wind settled down they saw Anthony holding a gray metal box just in front of his head. He opened the box and said, "I know you said that whatever communication method was easiest but throwing notes at Mach 30,000 seems a little weird. Also, Seir I know you can hear me!! What the heck was that throw!? That would've hit me in the head!!"

Sighing, Anthony opened the box and pulled out a piece of paper and started reading, "Well, Vassago just wants to tell us that Belial left again and went north."

Confused Lilith asked, "Wait, isn't Agares supposed to bring back runaways, and we gave Belial the chocolate sauce that he liked a lot."

"Well, it seems like Belial is stronger than Agares, so he just left. Also, he wants an hourly salary of one bottle of chocolate sauce," said Anthony skimming through the rest of the paper.

"What does he even do, because we can just get rid of him if he isn't useful right?" asked Lilith after taking a moment to think.

"I think he's responsible for some of the bazillion familiars," Anthony said, gesturing to the wide array of animals filling the courtyard's ground and airspace.

"Sure, but like which ones? I'm sure I have the lists here somewhere." Lilith asked.

"Was it the American Pine Marten?" asked Emelia holding up an adorable reddish-orange weasel-like animal with a bushy tail.

"Wasn't that Paimon," Lilith replied, stroking the Marten's body lovingly.

"The fluffy animals?" Emelia asked picking up a baby fawn holding it out to Lilith.

"I think those were Buer," responded Anthony.

"The flying ones?" said Emelia as a hummingbird landed on her arm.

"That was Purson," Lilith said as the hummingbird bird flew away when she tried to touch it.

"The scaly ones?" she said picking up a snake that was slithering along the ground and showing it to Anthony.

"Get that away from me," Anthony said flying up about a foot or two off the ground. "That was Marax I, think, please just put it down."

"Okay, was it the magic birds then?" she said, putting the snake down and picked up  a baby phoenix from a pile of ashes.

"That was Malphas, is the giant storm over there the thunderbird or is it Furfur," Lilith asked furrowing her brow at the dark storm clouds that blanketed a small part of the sky, which was supposed to be permanently partially cloudy.

"Oh, Vassago included that in her note. Apparently, Furfur, Vepar, and Vine are having their girls boating night and that they're the cause." Anthony said. "Okay, there are way too many animals in this place. Let's just conjure up the past."

Then he waved his hand, creating a screen midair. The screen showed a scene that played out just a few hours ago:

Two figures were standing on a flaming chariot. The one on the left of the chariot said, “I can also give good familiars.” While the one on the right of the chariot pointed to a presentation slide behind them.

Suddenly Lilith pulled out a piece of paper shouting, “Okay, here is another list of familiars.”

Taking the piece of paper from Lilith the right one said, “Unicorns. Why are there so many types of unicorns there are like ten pages of this thing? Yeah, I’m not doing it.” Then he threw away the paper letting it float off into the breeze before the other one picked it up, skimmed it and started shaking his shoulders. The right one said, “What, you want me to do it. It’s stimulating your creative juices. Fine, I’ll do it, just stop shaking my shoulders.” 

Then he skimmed the list and started conjuring various types of unicorns, pegasi, and alicorns.

Outside of the screen, Lilith was saying, “It was the unicorns, those are pretty important. Let’s go find him.”

They started to fly north per Vassago’s directions. Eventually, they came to an area that was colder and filled with mist. Alarmed by the sudden change in surroundings and temperature Anthony said, “We should probably land before he got lost.”

“Sure, but can’t we just get rid of the fog. We do rule the Afterlife, you know.” Lilith said, trying to wave her hand to dispel the fog.

Emelia, who was shivering, shook her head saying, “Mom told me that the cold place in the north wasn’t ours because the ruler over there kept beating him up whenever he showed up.”

“Wait there are other Underworlds in this place?” Anthony asked, cocking his head at the sudden development. 

”Yup,” Emelia said nodding then she tilted her head, placing a finger on her chin, “I think this one was called Helheim.”

0