Let’s Summon Satan
90 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*Note* This does not in any way endorse doing the things that may be mentioned in this story. This is a story first and foremost for entertainment and is supposed to be wacky and kind of over the top*

The next day after class they were walking and Anthony hoping to get an impossible response from Lilith asked, "Are we really doing this?"

“Yup, did you get your materials?” Lilith replied. They had made arrangements to each bring one part of the plan together, Anthony would figure out the ridiculous task of summoning the Devil, and Lilith would accomplish the equally ridiculous task of killing him. 

“Kinda, I looked in Mr.Way’s room and found this book, The Lemegeton, which has instructions for summoning seventy-two demons, but it doesn’t have instructions for summoning Satan,” he replied, taking a book out of his bag. It had a black leather cover with a silver circle with a hexagram on it. The book had an ominous aura surrounding it and if they saw it in the corner of their eyes a black mass wriggling around the book.

"So instead, I just looked it up on the internet. Apparently, all you need is to draw a south-pointing pentacle out of 'chocolate sauce', recite the Lord's prayer backward and voila Satan," he said, pulling out a bottle of chocolate sauce, a compass, and two sheets of paper with the backward Latin prayer to the Lard from his backpack.

"Wait, chocolate sauce, why chocolate sauce?" she asked as he took out the things from his bag. 

"Well, it actually requires the blood of three innocent children, but I couldn't and wouldn't get that. So instead since chocolate sauce was used as fake blood in black and white films we’re using it, and it's delicious," he explained as he handed her the paper.

"That's true, chocolate sauce is great. And dude didn't you say, 'It's not like you can just look up 'How to summon Satan' and expect it to work,' what happened to that?" she asked exclaiming the virtue of the internet’s omnipotence.

"Yeah, I don't expect it to work. Hell, I'll even bet five dollars that it doesn't," he said.

"Sure it won’t work. If it does, which it totally will, I got some holy water and a ladder, to kill Satan with when he does show up," she replied tauntingly.

"I get the holy water, but where's the ladder and what is it for? You're not telling me you want to make some Rube Goldberg machine to kill Satan, right?" Anthony asked as he looked around for a ladder and other wacky things that Lilith might try to kill Satan with.

"It's in the janitor's closet we just need to take it out. And dude, it's to smack Satan in the face." Lilith said while gesturing in the direction of the janitor's closet, and pantomiming a ladder smack to the face.

"Let's get that later. First, where are we going to put the summoning circle?" he asked, holding up the bottle of chocolate sauce. They broke into Mr.Way's room since he was out at a meeting and would probably question a Satanic ritual less than the other teachers, they hoped.

"On the floor," she replied, pointing to a spot near the center of the floor.

"Do you want people to see the Satan summoning circle?" replied Anthony thinking about the obvious reaction other students and staff, and the population in general, would have towards Satanic rituals.

"What about the on the bottom of the carpet?" Lilith replied, grabbing the carpet and flipping it over. 

"The carpets upside down half the time anyway. Look there's duck tape on the bottom already," he replied, pointing at the duck tape arranged in a roman villa’s floor plan on the carpet.

After thinking about it for a second Lilith said, "What about the ceiling? Nobody looks up there, and if we summon him upside down he could fall and break his neck."

"I don't know what scares me more, the fact that you thought of that or the fact that you can smile while saying that," replied Anthony, taking a step back.

"Got a better idea," she asked, staring daggers into him.

"Not really," he replied.

"Then that's what we're doing," she said, walking towards the janitor's closet, "Let's go get the ladder."

"Okay," he replied, following her to the janitor's closet. "Also, did you already tell the janitor about summoning the Devil? Or does he think were painting inspirational quotes on the ceiling."

"Yup, he was pretty chill about it too. He just said to keep the satanic rituals on Tuesdays and in only one room" Lilith said as they walked back to the classroom with the ladder.

Then they drew the summoning circle on the ceiling. They were standing below the circle when Anthony asked, "Do you think this will work?"

"Weren't you the one who bet five bucks that it won't?" Lilith countered, giving him a skeptical look.

"Yes I did," he replied, "Doesn't mean I know if it won't work. I'm just pretty sure it won't unless I go to school with a Valkyrie, a warlock, a witch, a robot from the future, and a secret agent."

"Want to bet on those too?" Lilith asked.

"No," Anthony replied shaking his head, “I would lose all my sanity if I lost," 

"Fine dude, but there's no time like the present, carpe noctem. Let's find out," she replied, smiling as she started reading the Lord's prayer backward.

They recited the Lord's prayer backward and when they finished suddenly the lights turned off, the skies became clouded, and the summoning circle glowed.

"I think you owe me five bucks," Lilith whispered to Anthony holding out a hand for the transaction.

"You don't say," he replied, slightly annoyed and slightly surprised at the spectacle.

The circle continued to glow, and slowly a portal started to form on it. The portal glowed an eerie purple glow. Out from the portal, a human head emerged and asked in a booming voice, "Why have you summo—" Before he could finish, he hit the ground head first and his neck snapped. Then, his body covered in black robes with six wings sprouting from his back disintegrated into dust.

"I'm confused about if I should be happy or disappointed?" Anthony asked to no one in particular.

"Bro, you should be happy, duh. Satan is dead now, ‘cause of us. And where are my five bucks as promised," Lilith replied still holding out her hand, as the janitor walked in to clean up the pile of ashes on the floor.

"Fine, fine, do I even have five dollars?" Anthony said as he rummaged around his bag before handing over the five dollars.

"And now we take over his underworld. High five," Lilith said, still smiling.

*smack*

4