So who’s Lucifer now?
86 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“So, dude do you know how to get to the Underworld? Can we just use the Satan portal?” asked Lilith, pointing to the ominous portal on the ceiling of the room.
“I don't even care about logic at this point, but are you going to be the new Lucifer or the new Satan?” asked Anthony.

“Hm,” she thought about it for a second before saying, “I’ll be Lucifer, it sounds cooler.”

 As soon as Lilith said that three pairs of gray wings sprouted from her back. As she turned back and saw her wings, her face expressed both confusion and excitement. She turned to Anthony and shouted, "I have six wings?!?”

“I can see that,” he replied, tilting his head in confusion at her confusion.

“Why do I have six wings?! I thought angels and demons only had two!” she exclaimed at his nonchalant reply.

“No, seraphim have six wings and cherubim have four wings, and Lucifer was a seraphim. So, by the transitive property of mur—, I mean equality, you should have six wings too,” he explained.

“Wait for real?”

"Yeah I'll show you,” he said as he pulled up a website that explained the Christian angelology.

“That’s wack,” she said, her head hanging down, “Having more than two wings is so weird dude. If I ever got wings, I kinda wanted just two wings."

When she said that two of her pairs of wings disappeared and she was left with one pair of ashy gray wings. After she saw that she shouted, "I can control the wings! I want mirror wings!" 

Then the feathers on her wings changed from their ash gray color to reflective mirrors. They caught the sunlight and reflected it around the room. Lilith said, "Yes, I have disco ball wings now. They look great, right,"

"How?! How does that even work? Are they still feathers or are they mirrors now? Also, your wings are blinding me, so can you please make them stop," he exclaimed, turning his head away and bringing his arm to block the sunlight's reflection from her wings.

"Yeah sure," she said, folding her wings to her shoulders. 

"Thanks," he replied, "So, putting aside the mirror wings, if you're the new Lucifer can I be the new Satan?”

"Sure, why not," Lilith said, “You could get mirrored wings like mine too.”

Shaking his head, Anthony replied, “No, that’s probably a flying hazard. Even if I become new Satan it doesn’t mean I want to violate aviation laws and not the ones that say that bees shouldn't be able to fly.” Then just like before, wings sprouted from his back. This time there were only two pairs of jet black wings.

Having thought of something Lilith said, “You should totally call yourself Satin.”

“No, that sounds ridiculous,” Anthony replied, looking doubtful.

“No it doesn’t it sounds awesome,” she said smiling, “If I was Satan I would call myself Satin.”

“But you aren’t me, so I won’t,” he said definitively, sighing as I folded his two pairs of wings in.

Glancing at his wings Lilith asked teasingly, “Hey, why are your wings jet black? Is it because you’re edgy.”

“I’m not edgy,” he replied a sliver of annoyance entering his voice.

"Hey, I have nothing against edgy people," she replied.

"I don't either, but I'm not edgy, okay,"

“You have black hair. That seems pretty edgy,”

“No that’s my normal hair color,”

"You also have two pairs of wings. You're a weird dude, Anthony," Lilith said.

Anthony gave a doubting gaze and replied rolling his eyes, "Yeah, I'm the weird one."

4