So this is the Underworld
79 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Let's just go to the underworld already," Anthony said with a sigh.

"Sure," Lilith says spreading out her wings.

They flew into the open portal which Lucifer had previously come out of. When they came out the other side a literal hellscape greeted them. The sky was a Tyrian purple while the ground was blood red. Spots of hellfire could be seen dotting the landscape from where they were floating. But most apparent were the uncountable number of spirits, demons, angels and other creatures that covered the land and skies.

After seeing this Lilith cupped her hands around her mouth and shouted, "Hey, people of the Underworld! I am the new Lucifer and that dude is the new Satan! We are now the rulers of this Underworld!"

Her voice was loud enough for everyone to hear. All the inhabitants of the Underworld looked at their self proclaimed "new rulers" and then unceremoniously went back to what they were doing previously.

"That was kind of anti-climactic," Anthony said, seeing the nonchalant reaction of the afterlife’s uncountable inhabitants.

"That's because we've been expecting you two," said low but audible female voice in response to his mutterings.

"That wasn't you right?" he asked, looking at Lilith who was flying next to him.

"Nope," she replied looking around for the source of the voice.

"I'm down here," said the voice.

They both looked down and saw a woman dressed in a purple and scarlet dress standing on the ground. Next to her were two angels standing on a flaming chariot staring holes into them with their blazing eyes. The woman in scarlet called out to them, "If you may, please come down here so that we may have a proper discussion."

Lilith and Anthony glanced at each other, shrugged since they had nothing better to do after conquering the afterlife and then flew towards the three figures on the ground. When they landed on the ground the two angel-like figures in the chariot spoke, "So, you guys killed Lucifer. Y'all seem kinda lame so I'm out," Then they flew off into the northern sky.

"What were those dude's problem calling, us lame. He have confidence issues?" Lilith said to the lady in scarlet.

"Nothing of the sort, I think. Belial’s usual demeanor is like that. Furthermore, he was good friends with the previous Lucifer, so please forgive him for at least this much he will come back soon enough regardless," said the woman.

"Allow me to introduce myself. I am Leviathan one of the four infernal princes along with Belial, Satan, and Lucifer, of which I believe that you two have usurped Satan, who is also Lucifer, sometimes called—, you know what it all gets very complicated I shall spare you the details, but am I correct in my assumption?" said Leviathan who was wearing a purple and scarlet dress with a sword sheathed on her hip and a goblet with red liquid in her hand.

"Yes ma'am that's correct," Lilith replied in an oddly formal tone.

"So Leviathan, you said that was Belial, but who was the other person in the chariot?" Anthony asked pointing in the direction Belial had flown leaving a trail of flames behind him.

"What other person?" Leviathan inquired, slightly tilting her head in confusion.

With a look of even greater look of confusion on his face, Anthony replied, "What, there were two people in the chariot, one of them was Belial right? So who was the other one?"

"What do you mean? They are both Belial," she responded calmly, still confused by the nature of his question.

"They're both Belial? How? What? Why? Do they share a conscience or—? That doesn't make sense—? Do they have separate subjective experiences or what, even?" Anthony asked out loud, his frustration growing with each question until he started gripping his hair in frustration.

"I have never bothered to ask him such questions." Leviathan responded, after pondering for a few seconds, "You will have to question him yourself when he returns if you wish to know the answer to your inquiries, but I don’t know if Belial will care enough to give you a response."

"Anthony, just give up common sense. We literally killed Satan and have taken over the Underworld in, like, a couple of hours," Lilith said patting his back in response to his frustration.

As Anthony was trying to come to terms with the strangeness of demon physiology, Leviathan clapped her hands and said, "If you two would like we can continue this conversation inside." Gesturing to a nearby manor building made of red stones. It was built in a plantation-style and had large columns lining the front porch area. The evenly spaced windows were made of obsidian and prevented anyone from seeing inside while giving the entire house an imposing feeling suitable for a ruler of Hell. Inside was a house filled with decadence, the carpets were softer than anything they had felt before. The house was lit with beautiful crystal constructions that lined the walls and ceiling. They were led through the halls lined with more masterpieces than a museum to a grand dining hall with a beautifully crafted table that had some the best food they had ever seen served.

"I have prepared some of the finest food and drink for you two, so please enjoy them while you ask me many questions you may have," Leviathan said as she gestured to the food and took a seat across from theirs.

"Thanks," Anthony said and brought the goblet up to his mouth to take a sip. Just before taking a drunk he caught a strange smell from his drink and paused. He then took another whiff of his drink, his suspicions confirmed he put the goblet down and asked resolute, "This blood, isn’t it?"

Lilith, who was reaching for her goblet, raised both of her hands away from the yet untouched food. Leviathan, on the other hand, was unfazed and said, "It is indeed. It is the blood of saints, quite the delicacy if I do say so myself. Please, help yourselves."

"Ya know what, I just remembered that I wasn't hungry. How ‘bout you?" Lilith said a strained smile decorating her face.

“Yup. Me too. Just remembered. You don't need to eat in the Underworld anyway, right?" Anthony said with an equally strained smile pushing his plate and goblet away.

With a disappointed look on her face, Leviathan replied, "While it is true that as Infernal Princes do not need to consume food or drink to sustain themselves, it's quite a shame to waste good food."

3