Is she Going to Murder us?
55 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"So, that happened. What were the four infer-whatever they were again?" asked Lilith trying to move past the casual blood serving incident.

"The four Infernal Princes are the four leaders or rulers of the Underworlds demonic residents, of which Lucifer or Satan is the first among equals," Leviathan replied.

"Hey Anthony, what the heck does first among equals mean?" Lilith whispered.

"It basically means that they're the leader," whispered Anthony.

Leviathan apparently having heard their whispers said, "Yes, that would be correct."

"So what was it about expecting us?" Anthony asked trying to move the conversation forward. 

"Many of the demon nobles know the past, present, and future. They foresaw the eventual end of the previous Lucifer and the rise of another. The next Lucifer would make dramatic changes to the established structure of the Underworld and lead it to a new golden age or it says in the futury books," replied Leviathan.

"Oh yeah, I control the Underworld right," Lilith asked to no one in particular.

"That is correct," Leviathan said calmly.

"So I can fire and hire whoever I want right?" she asked.

"Denizens of the afterlife do not have employment as the upper world would recognize it, but yes, you can choose to bestow and revoke titles on lesser inhabitants. Titles signify the positions of demons concerning each other. For matters that require the input of the Infernal Prince, a majority of them must be in favor of the change," Leviathan explained as she pulled out a list of demons that held titles in the Underworld.

Taking the list in her hands Lilith proclaimed pointing at Leviathan, "First, you're fired."

With an expression of 'I saw this coming' she said, "I just said that a majority of the Infernal Princes need to agree for matters of appointing and discharging of Infernal Princes."

"I second the motion to fire you," Anthony said raising his hand and continued, "Since Belial isn't here his vote is annulled. Two out of three is a majority, so you're fired."

"Well I knew it was coming, but it was worth a try," Leviathan said burying her head in her hands.

Lilith upon seeing the downcast Leviathan said, "Bro, you were cool and all until the whole drinking blood thing. Like, that seems pretty evil to me, and like I don't want evil people running my Underworld."

"So now that I've been relieved of my duties, would you care to meet my daughter? She just the sweetest little girl, I'm sure you two would just love her," Leviathan said, raising her head from the table.

Confused by the sudden shift of the conversation Lilith replied, "Uh, sure I guess."

"Then let us depart, the journey will take a few hours so we should depart soon. Otherwise, the other demons will raise hell while you don't attend to them. Well, they would do that regardless, but as they say, no time like the present," she said leading them towards the door to exit the house. They continued walking until they reached a flat and still sea that was as clear as glass.

She stopped and turned around, “We will need to enter in this sea to reach her. If you would like I can provide a means of transportation for you.”

“Oh, does she live on a boat. That’s pretty cool, I’ve always wanted to live on a boat, or maybe in the forest. I’ll have to think about it more,” Lilith said imagining life on a boat.

“Not exactly on a boat, but she does live floating on a lily in the sea, meditating. I think she heard something about someone reaching enlightenment after meditating for some time and wanted to try it. Please wait while I call us a ride,” Leviathan said grabbing a stone near the ground. She threw the blood-red stone into the clear sea and instead of a normal *plop* into the sea, the sound of glass shattering resounded while the stone fell without even causing a ripple. After the sound subsided a huge snake came out of the sea. Even when the snake emerged the sea did not splash and remained perfectly flat. The snake itself was a bright scarlet and had seven heads and ten horns. The center and largest head bowed down to Leviathan and allowed her to sit below its head.

After mounting the snake-like monstrosity she called out to them, "Please, take a seat,"

"Anthony, is this a plot to murder us?" Lilith asked after seeing the snakes' heads creepy attempt to smile at them.

Anthony shrugged his shoulders and said, "I have no clue. I have never been part of a murder plot before."

After a short pause, “I’ve never been the victim of a murder plot before.”

Lilith gave him a sideways look and asked, “Have you been the perpetrator of a murder plot.”

“Let’s not talk about it.”

2