New Satan tries to quit
50 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

AN: I got excited and added to the ending of the last chapter so here's a new one.

“Do we need to talk about your attempted murder before we go?” Lilith asked Anthony suspiciously.

I didn’t try to murder anyone. I was just part of someone else's plot to murder someone; it didn’t work anyways some guy stopped the car with his bare hands,” Anthony explained.

On the giant snake monster Leviathan shouted, “Are you two going to keep talking about Satan being an accomplice in a failed homicide attempt or are we going to go.” As the snake brought one of its heads close to them and they could see that its head was as big as their entire bodies.

"Sure but, you know what? I have wings, and I haven't used them that much yet. So, um yeah, I'll fly instead," Anthony said after looking at the giant snake-like monster and stepping back.

Hearing that Lilith elbowed Anthony in the side and asked with a smug grin, "Anthony, are you afraid of snakes?" 

He stepped to the side and said, pointing at the seven-headed snake which was giving them a creepy grin, "Are you going to ride that? And yes, I am indeed afraid of snakes, so what?"

“But it’s so awesome" she said, stroking its head, “Though I do need to try out my wings so I’ll fly,” spreading out her two reflective wings. 

They both flew up towards the cloudless sunset-colored sky. From there they could see for hundreds of miles away due to the lack of clouds and a new clarity of their vision. They could see gigantic cities dotting the infinite red landscape. Winged figures could be seen flying from building to building, while the streets were packed with people who had passed on. Rivers and lakes made of magma and fire lit up the landscape. From above they saw that the ocean was clear as glass. They could see down to the ocean floor, the myriad of creatures, ranging from krakens to mermaids, looked as if they were floating in the air, like clouds in the sky.

"The Underworld is pretty awesome," said Lilith after taking in the breathtaking landscape.

"Yep," Anthony said, chuckling, "and one day everything the light touches will be yours,"

“No. Just no,” she said, with a disappointed look on her face, before flying off towards Leviathan.

When they had been flying for a few hours Lilith, seemingly bored, said, “Are you sure this isn’t a murder plot. We’ve been flying for a long time and I haven’t seen anything yet.”

“If this was a plot to murder us, we would probably dead already. So just wait.” Anthony replied. Then having spotted something in the distance he said, “Look, I see something over there.”

He was pointing to a part of the sea that had an iridescent shine along a crystalline pattern. It stood out against the surrounding see by the fact that it wasn’t clear and instead reflected the light in every direction. The fish were reflected in the crystals, so a single fish became a school and a school of fish looked endless. Upon reaching the border between the crystalline area and the glass ocean Leviathan called out to them, “We are almost there. She lives a bit further into the crystal bayou.”

She then signaled her beast to continue into the crystal bayou. Seeing this Anthony said, “Wait a second. That’s supposed to be water. No matter how you look at it, that isn’t any normal water.”

“Stop trying to use common sense in the Underworld. It’s getting you nowhere.” Lilith replied, before descending towards their destination. 

They flew or a bit more and started to see flowers that looked like crystalline lilies floating on the surface of the water. They glowed softly and looked like glass but bent like leaves and rang like a bell when touched. They came in various sizes; some were as small as a button while others were as large as a house. It was the largest of these lilies that Leviathan led them to, it was as long as a cruise ship and the tips of its petals were several stories high. Leviathan said, “We are here. My daughter lives inside this flower. She is a bit shy around people she doesn’t know, so please don’t try to scare her too much.”

They both nodded in response and walked towards the center of the gigantic flower. When they reached the center, they saw a young girl with her eyes closed sitting in the center of the flower. Leviathan called out to her serene form, “Daughter, I have some people with me who would like to meet you. So, if you would please introduce yourself to them.”

As she said that the girl opened her eyes, revealing two golden irides (AN: plural iris of the eye) and stood up. Her buttery blonde hair touched the ground even when she stood up. She had fair skin and deep-set eyes with long eyelashes. She was wearing a silvery-gray dress shirt with gold buttons, a black asymmetrical skirt with a silver and gold floral design, and black biker boots with silver and gold buckles. She had a bright smile and gave them a curtsy while saying in a voice sweeter than stevia, “It’s a pleasure to meet you, new Lucifer, new Satan.”

“What’s up dude, I’m Lilith and the edgy guy is Anthony. What’s your name?” Lilith said gesturing to herself and then Anthony.

When the girl heard Lilith’s question, she gave a downcast gaze and said, “Um, well, I can’t tell you.”

“Why, exactly, can’t you tell us?” Lilith asked, confused at the unexpected statement.

Leviathan upon hearing this responded, “Her name is too holy to be spoken.”

“What, her name is too holy. How does that-even-whatever? Is there anything else we should know about her,” Anthony asked, finally having given up his common sense.

Leviathan put her hand to her chin and replied, “At this moment, nothing much of importance that I can think of. Hm. Her hair is the light of God, her seven hair adornments are stars, she has sat upon the throne of understanding, something about all the glories on Earth being less than her fingernail, and thought is smitten dead in her presence or something along those lines. I believe there may be more, but that should suffice for now.”

“I give up,” Anthony said, “I give up. Good-bye, common sense. Good-bye logic. Sorry                                  Lilith, I’m done conquering the Underworld I’ll be here laying on this cold hard ground if you need me.” He then promptly collapsed onto the surface of the flower, seemingly at his wits-end from all the unusual and bizarre experiences that had piled up in a short amount of time. He laid there, unmoving, curled up on the ground with his wings folded in.

Seeing him like this Lilith said, “I’m sure he’ll be up soon. I think.” After he didn’t get up after a while, “Hey dude, when are you gonna get up. We don’t have all day.” When he still didn’t get up, “Guys, I think we’ve lost him. Will he die if we leave him here?”

“I do not believe that he will die of natural causes anymore, so it should be fine to leave him here.” Leviathan said, “But to think that the second Satan would be bested by mental exhaustion.”

On the other hand, her daughter walked up to him, patted his head and said in a reassuring voice, “There, there, it’s okay. I know things get weird sometimes, but it’ll be okay, I promise. You’ve gotten this far, so don’t give up now.”

Anthony slowly got back up, eyes shining with new enthusiasm and said, “My soul is healed. Lilith can we take her with us, she can be Leviathan’s replacement.”

“Um, sure I guess,” Lilith responded confused at the sudden switch in mood, “She could also lead the group therapy sessions. Well, Leviathan’s daughter, congrats you’re the new Infernal Prince— or Princess, I guess. Welcome to the team, bro”

“This is wonderful, my little girl is finally all grown up. I was anxious about who would take up my position, but if it is you, I’m sure it will turn out for the best. Remember that the demons need strong people to rule over them or else terror and destruction will reign instead.” Leviathan added her thoughts with joy as she gave her daughter a mini-lecture on societal structure and government systems.

Seeing that everyone was in high spirits the girl also smiled and said, “See, I told you it would be alright. Wait, mom’s replacement, support groups, Infernal Princes, I can’t do all of that.”

Seeing her shake her hand and vehemently state her refusal through waving her hands in front of her, Anthony said, echoing her previous statement, “It’ll be okay, I promise.”

1