We Need Clouds!
32 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Okay, okay, I’ll do it,” said the blonde girl in response to their pleas and assurances.

“Nice,” Lilith said, “But, bro, you kind of need a name. It’s not like we can just call you ‘dude,’ ‘bro,’ ‘the girl,’ or ‘Leviathan’s kid’ all the time. So, what do you want your name to be?”

She gave them a bright smile in response and said, “No clue, any name is cool with me."

“That’s cool, how about,” “Emelia,” “Elise,” Lilith and Anthony gave their suggestions at the same time. 

“Are you on a name generator?” Anthony asked Lilith gesturing at the phone in her hand.

“Yeah, but you’re on one too.” She responded accusingly pointing at his phone that was also turned on.

"No, I'm on a list of names and I'm not even going to begin to question how we get cellular service down here. Heads or tails?" he responded.

"Tails,"

"Axela, flip a coin."

[Flipping. Tails.]

"There, I win, its Emelia. Are you cool with that,” Lilith said, responding to the synthetic voice that proclaimed her the victor. She looked at the newly named girl to get her approval and received an enthusiastic nod. 

“Let’s go back to the city or wherever,” Anthony said, “ So, Emelia do you want to fly with us or ride on the snake, monster thing, with your mom?”

“I’ve never flown before, so could I please fly with you,” she said, golden eyes sparkling in excitement and her blonde hair bobbing up and down from energetic nodding.

"You look about twelve, so either of us could carry you. Want to split the journey half-and-half?" Anthony asked Lilith, spreading his two pairs of jet black wings.

"Why do I have to split it? You’re the one who offered so do yourself," Lilith retorted in an exasperated manner.

"Fine, fine, I'll do it by myself. Emelia, get over here," he said. 

As he went to pick her up, he paused and then held her wrist before asking, "Do you not have a pulse, because I can't feel anything, like, at all. Like your pulse graph chart thing would just be a flat line. Oh, we are in the Afterlife— forget I said anything."

Shaking her head Emelia said, "No I’m not dead and I have a pulse. It's just really, really, reeeeaaaaaaally slow."

"How many bpm?" he asked, narrowing his eyes, contemplating how long that could be.

"Once an eon," she said with an unconcerned smile.

“Axela, how long is an eon,”

[Eon’s average duration is one billion years]

“I should stop being surprised at this point,” he said, sighing, “Let’s just go before I lose the motivation to continue, again.”

After flying through the air for a while, Lilith said, “You know, why doesn’t this place have clouds? We need some clouds here.” Suddenly the sky grew cloudy. The once clear sky instantly transformed, with clouds appearing out of nowhere. Other creatures in the air were surprised and caused aerial crashes into others.

Emelia who was surprised for a different reason said, “It’s a cloud! Can we go touch the cloud, it looks so soft and fluffy.”

“Sure, but have you never seen a cloud before?” he asked, remembering the commonplace of clouds in the overworld as he flew towards the closest cloud.

“No, Vepar showed me some, but they were always the yucky storm clouds,” she said frowning before she switched it to her usual beaming smile. “They weren’t pretty fluffy clouds like these,”

Listening to Emelia’s giggling Lilith gave a smug grin and said, “And this is why there needed to be clouds.”

“I won’t even question where these clouds came from, but if we can break the law of conservation of matter, can’t we just make a wormhole to where we’re going? That’s possible under the laws of physics right? You know what screw physics let’s just teleport, because screw relativity, right,” he said. Following his exclamation he and Emelia, who he was carrying disappeared. After a moment, he returned to the sky without Emelia.

“Looks like physics decided to stop working,” he said.

“Let’s get going then. Bye clouds,” Lilith said, before disappearing after him.

Back at Leviathan’s house, which was made into their temporary base of operations, they saw Leviathan and Emelia casually talking in the dining room. After seeing this, Anthony facepalmed, while Lilith questioned Leviathan, “Wait, did you know we could teleport the entire time?”

“That is so,” she replied serenely.

“So why did we fly the first time? It took hours when teleporting would take seconds,” she asked.

“It was because I wanted revenge—*cough* I mean, it was because I wanted to display parts of the Underworld to you, yes that is why,” she said her serene mask cracking, “Never mind that, please follow me this way. I believe that some problems have arisen in the time when we were absent. You three should make haste in trying to finish it or else it will eventually stop fitting in the house.”

She walked over to a door and opened it. Behind the door was a mountain of papers that touched the ceiling of the room. Lilith was the first to react, “You know what I think I hear my mom calling, well I gotta go, see you later, have fun with that.”

1