Disco Ball Crown
32 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I'm back!!” Lilith announced as she walked through the front door.

Anthony, who was sitting at an ornate wooden desk with stacks of papers covering its surface, ran up to her and said, “Finally, do you know how long it took to get all those papers filled out!?! It took ages?! We haven’t slept! I had to hire and refire Leviathan because she kept claiming that charges under Subsection (a) (2) of Section 22.011 of Chapter 21 of Title 5, Offenses Against the Person, of the Penal code of I-don’t-remember-what were defensible under Subsection (e) (1) of the same section when that was obviously not the case. Agh!”

“Anthony, I don’t know what any of what you just said means,” she replied to his venting.

"And I didn't either! It took so long to look up what any of that means. Just look at us," he said, gesturing to the dark circles that had started to appear under his and Emelia’s eyes.

"So, tired, need, nap,” Emelia added with her head buried in her hands, Her glossy hair was disheveled, and her voice lacked any enthusiasm. Both her and Anthony proceeded to fall asleep right there and wouldn't wake up for half an hour.

"Are you two feeling better now?" Lilith asked when they woke up from their power naps.

"Lot’s," Anthony said yawning, as Emelia nodded her head in agreement.

"I think Leviathan had a thing to give you," Anthony said to Lilith.

"Hwah, mom said it was a crown or something," Emelia added with a yawn.

"A crown, that's cool. Makes sense since I'm ruler of the Underworld too, so where is she?" she asked in response.

"She's just outside," Anthony replied walking towards another door. Through the door was Leviathan standing at a pavilion with a crown on the table beside her. They walked towards Leviathan who was placing glasses in front of the three chairs at the table.

"Is this the crown, it looks okay,” Lilith said picking it up and placing it on her head in a carefree manner. “Well, how do I look?”

“Super cool,” replied Emelia, giving a smile and two thumbs up.

“You do know that it’s askew, right,” Anthony asked seeing that the crown was lopsided.

“Who cares, it’s just the crown of the Underworld,” she said, indifferent to his remarks. The crown in question was gold with eight platinum spades adorning the top. Below each spade was a clear princess-cut diamond. 

Leviathan, after Lilith had put on the crown said, “The crown can also shine if you will it to."

Lilith's eyes started to light up as her excitement was visibly growing. She unfolded her wings and said, "I can become a disco ball! My life is complete."

Like an LED light the diamonds in her crown started to shine with a blinding light. The light from her crown reflected off of her outstretched wings and scattered across the courtyard.

"Let's have a giant dance party, we can invite everyone in the Underworld, it'll be glorious. I bet we can get Michael Jackson to perform," Lilith said basking in the luster of her light.

"Um, let's do it after the interviews," Anthony said with a hand to his head, contemplating the rapid progression of thoughts.

Lilith replied, "Interviews? What interviews?"

"Emelia and I finished the work from before. We just need to fire some of the old administration and hire some new people and since you're here now, we don't have to worry about you firing them later. Isn't that right Emelia?" Anthony said.

"zzzzzzzzz," Emelia didn't reply, having sat down in a chair taking another nap.

1