Chapter 15
91 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Damn you!” Skye yelled towards the charging enemies that were almost upon them.

She waved her hand at them as if she was swatting a fly and following her arm movement was a sudden gust of wind. It seemed to gather at her arm and then get released into a fierce wind that blew forward and blasted the warriors away while sending some flying into the air.

“Wow!” Leyton exclaimed, looking at his wife in amazement by the demonstration of her power. “That’s some power you’re showing, Skye.”

“Thank you,” she accepted the compliment, turning to show a sweet smile at her husband then turning back to revert her smile back to that of an angry expression. “Now, let’s get these fools!”

“C-Calm down, Skye,” he said, raising his hands in a gesture to stop her.

“No! I can’t calm down!” She snapped angrily. “Our home world got destroyed, and just when I thought I couldn’t see you again; I get the chance to be with you again! And yet! As if to spit on my hope, a large lizard appears out of nowhere to try and kill us! All because of these people! I won’t stand for it anymore!”

Skye was understandably furious by what her unknown enemies had done to her without them realising it. The thought of losing her second chance to live a simple and happy life with her husband made her lose all of her patience and fly into an extreme rage.

Just then, she headed towards the car and her husband quickly followed behind her with an apprehensive look on his face.

“Skye! What are you going to do?” He asked her curiously.

“I’m going to smash those bastards!” She exclaimed and pointed at their enemies, who were recovering and headed their way once more. “I let them have a chance to live and they still want us to die! It’s only fair that I completely destroy them so I can return to my peaceful life once more!”

“I… can’t disagree,” he admitted as he understood her point, but he was worried about her state of mind, “but ramming them with the car is kind of bad. It might damage the car. It is expensive.”

The sudden mention of the car’s value made her come to a standstill with widened eyes. She suddenly looked troubled because despite her anger, she still had her mentality of not causing any damage on such an expensive car. Skye had no idea that her husband had placed protective spells on it to protect it from nearly all kinds of external damages, but Leyton did not want her to get her hands dirty.

“Then let’s just nuke them!” She said casually, turning around to face him as she turned to the extreme option.

“Wow! Hold that thought!” He exclaimed, looking alarmed. “Nuke them?! Skye! That’s really dangerous! This whole place will get destroyed, and the entire area will become unliveable. Remember what happened to our home world. Do you want something similar to happen here?”

His reasoning with her made her ponder for a moment and nod her head in agreement because she too realised the devastating effect a nuclear bomb would have on the environment of this place and possibly the world as well.

“But then, what are we supposed to do? Slap them with my shoe?” She asked, and to prove her point, she took off one of her slippers and held it in her hand like a weapon.

Leyton was taken aback by his wife’s sudden proactiveness in wanting to attack and said weakly, “Uh… that’s probably simpler.”

“Sir! Madam! They are coming!” Veva warned, and they saw the warriors getting nearer once again.

“Ah! You, stupid people just never learn, do you?!” Skye exclaimed angrily. Then she brandished her slipper and announced, “Take this!”

She held it like a javelin and swung it around in an arc, unleashing a strong wind once again in their direction. However, in the middle of swinging, her slipper slipped out of her fingers and went flying towards the oncoming men.

“Ah!” She said in surprise.

They watched the slipper fly like a rocket forward and pierced through several of the men’s chests, killing them instantly, but it continued to fly away. The slipper did not stop there, continuing to fly beyond the charging men and reached the wall of the enemy army’s base before smashing into it.

The four of them watched as a small explosion occurred at the wall of the base before they heard minor explosion sounds from the base’s inside. Then they witnessed several tall buildings, which were protruding out of the base, slowly toppled to the side and collapsed to the ground.

Veva’s and Lexi’s mouths sprang open in utter shock and disbelief of what had just happened. One slipper, released unwittingly by Skye, caused so much damage to a base. Leyton looked amazed as he blinked silently while Skye squinted with a hand over her head as a shade to let her see without the sun falling in her eyes.

“Wow,” she reacted upon noticing the damage caused by her unusual weapon. “My slipper did that?”

“It seems so,” her husband replied, looking impressed. “That’s some power.”

“Do slippers have such power in this world?” Skye asked, taking off her remaining slipper and inspecting it curiously.

“Obviously not!” Leyton snorted with a laugh. “I think your throwing strength had a lot of power, which caused the slipper to become a rocketing bullet. Or in this case, a rocketing cannon powerful enough to damage a base.”

“I see,” she said, nodding in acceptance. Then she began hesitantly, “but…”

“But?” He asked her when she faltered.

“I… lost my slipper,” she said, and he realised what she was worried about.

He understood that she was worried about having to walk bare foot as she would definitely not like wearing the other slipper that was missing its partner.

“It’s okay. We’ll buy you a new one once this fight is over,” he told her with a smile.

“Great!” She said happily and shouted at the armed men, “Hey! You guys can have this too!”

She declared to their charging enemies, who had come to a standstill and were looking towards the smoke rising from their base. Then they turned to face her upon hearing her words and wore scared looks as she prepared to launch her second slipper in their direction with an excited look on her face.

It was at that moment that Lexi and Veva shouted, “Look out!”

The two angels flew towards them and caught them before flying away from there. No sooner had they done then a powerful energy blast soared down from the sky and landed where they were standing previously.

There was a violent explosion, causing the wind to blow around wildly and shock waves to be sent in all directions. Lexi and Veva flew away from the explosion as fast as they could but got caught up in the wind that knocked them down to crash land on the ground.

A few seconds later, they sat upright and watched the dust clear to reveal a figure standing there. Once it fully cleared, the figure came into visible focus, and they saw him to be a tall strong looking man with a nicely built body. He was wearing a serious expression on his face with some blood covering his forehead.

“You heroes have done enough! This is where you will forfeit your lives!” The second-in-command of their enemies exclaimed in a furious voice.

 

==== + ==== + ==== + ====

 

Closing the Book

 

“Aww!” The boy exclaimed, looking as if he had seen his hero lose. “It’s too short! Her glory is short! It needs to be longer! It’s not enough!”

“Well, she did manage to prove herself to be quite capable by unleashing wind that blasted her enemies away and into the air while also having quite the throwing power,” the older man supplied with a smile.

“No kidding! Seriously! She managed to do so much damage from what I could gather from this chapter to the enemy’s base!” The boy said, looking excited. “Not only that but judging by that blood that the enemy second-in-command has must’ve been from taking the full force of her slipper! Ha!”

“Yes. It’s pretty funny to think about it,” the older man agreed with a light chuckle.

“Yeah, but it’s too short! The author’s devoted an entire chapter singularly showing her off for how cute and awesome she is!” The youth complained, looking wistful.

“Perhaps, but didn’t you get to see her looking both amazing and cute in a single chapter?” The older man asked curiously.

“Yes, I did, but that doesn’t mean that I should be satisfied by it,” the boy said, and he turned to look crossly at the older man as he eyed his beard. “I need a cutting is needed.”

“What?! No!” The older man protested, looking alarmed. “I wasn’t wrong with Skye doing quite good, right?”

“Yes. You did say that, and she did shine. But not enough to satisfy me!” The youth said, and he brandished a pair of scissors with an eager look on his face.

Suddenly feeling scared, the older man coughed and said, “Ah. Look at the time. I have urgent business to take care of!” and he quickly rose to his feet and escaped.

“Get back here!” The boy called, also rising to his feet and chasing after the escaping old man.

In their absence, the book lay on the table with it showing the page where the recent chapter ended. Just then, a sudden wind blew and that caused the page to turn the page to the next chapter.

By the way, I made a video (just 2 minutes long) of me typing and speaking briefly about the chapter and just having fun in playing around as usual. Link below.

https://youtu.be/0syS_CYRkL4

4