Chapter 5
814 10 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Um… What just happened?” Leyton asked, staring blankly at the mess that became of the dragon.

It was a large monster that had come to attack them, but after witnessing his wife being injured, Layton had yelled at it with the words, “How dare you hurt my Skye!” This resulted in his words somehow transforming into a powerful gust of wind that shredded the monster into pieces.

“Ugh,” said Skye, and he quickly looked at his wife, who was staring at the mess with a complicated expression. “I don’t like this. I think I’m going to puke.”

“Ah!” He said, and clapped his hands over her ears.

His wife looked up at him and smiled wryly as she said, “I was joking.”

“Oh,” he said and smiled bitterly while uncovering her ears. “So, how the hell did that thing get… well…!”

“I have no clue,” admitted Skye, looking as confused as him. “Maybe they know?”

They turned and look towards the two angels sitting on the ground while staring at the destruction of the monster with shocked looks on their faces. Clearly, they were not expecting that a powerful dragon of that size would get shredded to pieces like that from just words alone.

“Um…?” He called out to them hesitantly.

His call made them snap out of their reverie and look towards them with a wonderous looks on their faces. Then they flapped their wings and rose to their feet before they soared towards him and hugged him tightly from both ends.

“Woah?!” He exclaimed, and the impact from them colliding against him made him fall on his back. “What’s the matter?”

“Our hero!” Lexi exclaimed excitedly.

“You saved us!” Veva said happily.

“Eh?” Leyton said, blinking in surprise as the two girls hugged him from both sides.

Skye, who watched this happen, looked sad that her husband was being hugged by two other women. Still, being the cheerful person that she was, she coughed and made a request to them.

“Would you kindly get off my husband?”

“Oh,” the angels said, realising what they were doing and smiled sheepishly at him. “Sorry, hero.”

After apologising to him, they got off of him and moved back while he sat upright looking bemused. Then he turned to look at his wife and was amazed by the dull expression present on her face.

“What is it?”

“Oh. I just thought you looked happy being hugged by two women,” she commented dully.

“Eh?!” He exclaimed and blinked in shock. Waving his hands at them, he said, “It’s a misunderstanding, Skye.”

“I know,” she said, still remaining dull as ever, which made him make a disgruntled expression.

He sighed and turned to the angels while asking them, “So, mind explaining what just happened?”

The two angel girls blinked at him in surprise and then turned to look at one another before looking back at him.

“Well, at a guess, I think your words became some kind of wind power that attacked the dragon,” explained Lexi.

“Yeah. I guessed as much on my own,” he commented, smiling a little. “What I’m asking is how did my words become power?”

“It’s your power, hero,” said Veva, and he looked at her in surprise. “You’re overwhelmingly power, which was why by merely shouting caused a torrent of wind that destroyed that dragon.”

While he looked at her in surprise, Lexi added, “Your wife’s also overwhelmingly power.”

“Me? As powerful as my husband?” Skye asked, looking at them and smiling in a disbelieving way. “That can’t be.”

The two angels nodded resiliently and said, “Yes. It’s true, madam.”

“Don’t tell me you have some kind of ability to sense power levels?” Leyton asked curiously.

“We do,” the angels replied, making him widen his eyes a little.

“Ever since we arrived, we’ve been feeling your overwhelming power, hero,” explained Lexi. “If we appeared nervous and anxious, that’s the reason; the two of your powers are just that overwhelming.”

“Oh. But I don’t feel anything,” said Leyton, looking down at his hands. Then he turned to his wife and asked, “How about you, Skye?”

“Nope. I don’t feel any different,” she replied, looking puzzled at their words.

“Maybe not, but we certainly feel it and it’s amazing,” said Viva with a smile.

“I see,” he said shortly, smiling wryly as he noticed the sparkles that seemed to appear in their eyes while looking at the both of them. Then he turned to look at the pieces of the monster meat that fell everywhere and asked, “We defeated it, but I don’t think that’ll be the end of that?”

The angels nodded, and Lexi said, “I believe it’s best we leave before they figure out what had happened and send more dragons out way.”

“I don’t see the problem of that,” said Leyton, and they blinked in surprise at him.

“Sorry?”

“Well, you said we’re really powerful, right? So, I was thinking of using this overwhelming power of ours and pay the leader of that… what’s that group name again?”

“Embassy of Chaos.”

“Yeah. I really wanted to pay their leader a visit and introduce myself. It’s the least I can do after the warm reception he sent for us,” he said and wore a smug look on his face.

While the angels blinked at him in surprise, Skye became worried and said, “Wait, Leyton. Aren’t you being reckless? We don’t even know how to control this power of ours, let alone use it properly.”

She was worried about her husband being reckless because she understood that his motive for suddenly wanting to meet the enemy was so that he could punch him in the face for my injury. Over the few months that they got married, she quickly understood that Leyton disliked anything that would hurt something that was precious to him, and she already knew she meant a lot to him.

“It’s easy, Skye,” he remarked and made her blink in surprise. He turned back to the angels and asked, “I’m guessing magic exists in this world, but please clarify this point for me.”

“It does, hero. What you used earlier was the wind magic,” replied Veva promptly.

He nodded in understanding and asked, “Okay, and we can’t just go and visit the enemy’s leader?”

“I think we’d be hard put to do that considering how large his army is,” stated Lexi wryly.

“We’d need a large considerable army to break through them, which we don’t have at the moment,” expressed Veva in sorrow.

“Mmm,” said Leyton, thinking about what he just heard. “That makes sense. We’d need an army, or a substantial fighting force in order to breach through the enemy’s defences.”

He remained silent while thinking about what to do before he looked at the angels and asked, “Is summoning magic possible?”

“Yes,” they replied automatically.

“Okay. So, I just have to imagine what I want to summon and say the words out loud?”

“That’s right,” they said, blinking in surprise.

“And how does the summoning work? Does it create the object and summon it here, or summons an existing object here?”

“Well,” began Lexi doubtfully and looked towards Veva.

“If the person you’re summoning does exist and is alive, they will get summoned here. As for summoning an object, I’m unsure of what’ll happen since summoning magic is difficult to do.”

“I see,” he said, nodding in understanding.

“What’re you thinking, Leyton?” Skye asked her husband curiously.

“Oh. Something interesting,” he said with a small smile.

He rose to his feet and turned away from them to use the summoning magic safely away from them. Then he aimed his hand in front of him and visualised what he wanted to summon before saying, “Summon Tank.”

In an instant, a brilliant glowing light occurred in front of them that caused the angels and Skye to cover their eyes. It lasted for a few seconds before the light dimmed and vanished, restoring the view back to normal. When they opened their eyes, all three ladies were shocked by what they saw.

There was an armoured vehicle that looked both heavy and tough from its exterior alone. It looked both powerful and destructive judging by its appearance as it looked like it was meant for combat.

“W-What is that?!” Both of the angels exclaimed in shock.

“It’s a tank!” Skye exclaimed, looking alarmed.

Leyton, who had summoned the tank, was staring at this in disbelief as he muttered, “Wow. It worked?”

The reason for his reaction was because he was not expecting anything to actually happen. The explanation from the angels made him think that summoning magic only brought what already existed to the summoning location. However, he had a wild hope that he could summon this thing and just went with it, which resulted in it actually working much to his surprise.

“You wanted to summon this?” Skye asked her husband in amazement.

“Yeah,” he replied and clenched his fists tightly while forming a confident smile on his face. “This is awesome. I’m starting to like this world already.” Then he spoke in a loud voice by saying with a big grin on his face, “Alright! Time to build up my army and go greet this enemy of ours!”

 

==== + ==== + ==== + ====

 

Closing the Book

 

“Wow! He summoned a frigging tank!” The boy exclaimed, looking shocked.

“Yeah. Quick thinking on his part,” the man admitted with a smile.

“That's great and all, but how does he plan on operating it? It needs fuel, ammunition, driver and an operator, and what we know so far about him, he doesn't have any of those skills and don't go telling me he'll figure things out because he's overwhelmingly powerful because that just doesn't cut it!”

He looked intently at the older man with a challenging expression. The older man blinked at him in surprise and spoke softly to him.

“Relax. He's a smart guy. I'm sure he'll figure something out.”

Seeing him evade the challenge, the boy sighed and decided to move on from that topic.

“Sure. I guess, but what is up with his recklessness? It’s absurd.”

“Well, he’s already given his reasons, hasn’t he?”

“What? Going to greet the villain because he attacked them first? That’s just madness. It’s like skipping all the levels and going straight to the endgame.”

“It’s not a game.”

“It feels like one to me,” the boy replied vehemently, and the man sighed in resignation.

“Well, you’re probably right, but you’ve got to admit; a husband would want to punch the face of the guy responsible for hurting his wife. Don’t you think?”

“Probably but… I don’t think anyone would be as foolhardy as this protagonist?” The boy asked in uncertainty.

The older man laughed and said, “That makes him an interesting person.”

“It makes him a dangerous person with a screw loose or something,” the boys said, looking disgruntled.

“Like I said, he’s an interesting character, who is both unique and different to the rest. The same goes for his wife, who’s pretty chill considering most wives would’ve scolded or pulled their husband away by the ear.”

“You’re right on that one,” the boy admitted with a small smile. “I like her.”

“Too bad she’s a fictional character, otherwise, she’d make a good wife material,” the older man remarked with a smile, and the boy sighed wearily.

“Anyway, how did the summoning magic work? I mean, judging by the explanation the angel Veva gave, he shouldn’t be able to summon a military tank because obviously it doesn’t exist in that new world, and his old was destroyed, so he can’t summon it from there.”

“He could’ve created it with his imagination and brought it to life?” The man questioned the boy curiously.

“That puts him on the level of a frigging God!” The boy exclaimed, looking shocked.

“Maybe he is one? Who knows?” The older man asked vaguely and chuckled to himself.

The boy eyed him suspiciously before he shook his head and said, “I think he probably summoned one from another world from an alternate reality.”

The man blinked at him in surprise and asked, “Did you even understand what you just said?”

“I certainly did!” The boy replied, looking cross. “It makes more sense than him being on the level of a God because that begs the question: why and how did he and his wife gain such overwhelming power when they were ordinary people not too long ago?”

To that, the older man smiled and replied, “Well, I’m sure we’ll find out sooner or later, but you won’t be learning anything by guessing and talking about it. Come on. Read the next chapter already.”

“I am. I am. Don’t be pushy,” the boy said crossly while the man smiled serenely at him.

16