CHAPTER 2. Down the Rabbit Hole
146 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

                                                                                                                                   -Arthur Conan Doyle-

 

  There stood a soul—a human soul—standing on the palm of a God. The man didn't know what to make of this situation. One moment he had died and gone to the afterlife; the next, he witnessed the birth of a universe; then he saw a God, and finally, he found himself standing on the palm of another god. He had absolutely no idea about this entire event. He couldn't remember his name, and he was utterly confused.

 

      He was jolted from his confusion when the God whose palm he stood upon turned his gaze towards him.

 

      He attempts to understand the appearance of the God above him, but he couldn’t comprehend what he sees. Its appearance changes quickly and frequently, his perception simply couldn’t keep up.

 

      The God stares at the human soul, its stare carries a tinge of amusement. With a satisfied nod, it spoke to the human that it carried.  “You will do nicely.”

 

      Then it proceeds to throw the human soul with a great and splendid yeet. The soul was hurled at a great speed, faster than sound, greater than the velocity of light. The soul was hurled at the velocity of God.  Such a speed would destroy any other soul but God, however, has a plan for the soul. It has imbued the soul with a sliver of its divinity guaranteeing the soul’s survival. It does not know what the soul will do with its divinity, but it will watch the soul’s journey with great interest.

 

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

[MC’s point of view]

 

    I was staring at this God, dumbfounded by the situation, when I was suddenly thrown by the damn thing. I didn’t know where I was heading. All I could perceive was this great expansive void. Literally out of nowhere, a hole appeared in the void, and I entered it. As I entered the hole and saw what was inside, it didn’t make any sense. I entered a place of black and white checkered patterns. Above me was a plain checkered board, and below was the same. As soon as I understood what I was seeing, another hole appeared, and I entered it. What I saw was a place of utter disorder, a kaleidoscope of shapes, colors, patterns, and sizes.

 

There were crystalline humanoid figures reveling in the utter disorder in whatever place this is. They appeared rough, jagged, and disproportionate— an anathema of symmetry. I understood that this place was utterly chaotic.

 

Still traveling at great speed and unable to control my trajectory, another hole appeared as I entered it. I looked around and saw that this place was the opposite of the previous one. Whereas the previous one represented unsymmetrical, disorderly, and chaotic aspects, this one was orderly. Humanoid crystalline beings of perfect order and symmetry; this place was pure order.

 

Another hole appeared before me, and I entered once again. This time I was in the great void once again, still traveling at great speeds when ahead in the distance, a wall appeared. A wall seemingly made from monumental beings, each bearing a different appearance— some resembling humanoid visages, others appearing strange and alien-like. The size of each being differed, except that every single one of them had a blank look on its face.

 

Despite passing through dimensions, I still hadn’t slowed down. As I approached the wall, one of the being's mouths opened, allowing a passage of travel for me. I entered and came out the other side.

 

I passed by many worlds, seeing a planet that looked like hell, a giant green glowing planet, a gigantic planet with a red sun, and many others. As I traveled great distances, I approached a familiar solar system. I saw and passed by the familiar planets like Pluto, Saturn, Jupiter, Neptune, and the other planets until I arrived at the marvelous blue planet.

 

As I entered Earth’s atmosphere with little to no loss in speed, I screamed as I was approaching the ground. Bracing myself for an inevitable splat, but mere inches away from the ground, all momentum of my godly velocity suddenly disappeared, leaving me floating above the ground for a few moments. I stared dumbfounded; as I looked at the ground, the laws of physics asserted themselves, and I fell on the ground with a soft thud.

 

Laying down on the soft, leaf-covered ground, I just lay there flabbergasted, gazing at the starry skies with utter bewilderment.

 

“What the fuck,” I softly muttered to myself.

 

 

 

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

Oa, Head Quarters of the Green Lantern Core

 

  A pair of blue humanoid aliens are floating in a serene garden, both simply suspended in place, enjoying a rare albeit short break from the mind-numbing bureaucracy of managing a police force that nearly encompasses the universe. Although both aliens have nearly indistinguishable features, one is male, and the other is female.

Both are relaxing, their faces showing expressions of peace and contentment.

As they continue to relax, they suddenly feel an abrupt shift in space and dimensions near Oa. They can't see it, but they can feel it, and whatever the anomaly is, it seems to be in distress. As quickly as it appeared, the anomaly abruptly disappears.

"Sayd, what was that?" asked the male alien, his companion.

"I don't know, Ganthet," she replied.

They both sit in contemplative silence, trying to piece together clues and form hypotheses inside their minds. Mere moments pass in real time, but in their minds, hours pass. Eventually, they conclude that they lack any conclusive data.

"Should we do something?" asked Ganthet.

"Yes, we should inform all lanterns from every sector to be on the lookout for any strange anomalies," answered Sayd.

"Hmmm, it would be wise to instruct the lanterns to approach the anomaly with caution and avoid confrontation as much as possible. Whatever that anomaly is, it seems to be in distress. It would be best to minimize conflict," added Ganthet.

"Yes, it would seem so," Sayd sighed.

Both issued the order and returned to their peaceful silence. The anomaly appeared harmless enough, in their opinion. They will simply wait and see. For now, they will be patient and deal with the anomaly later.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

APOKALIPS

The New Gods of Apokalips are going about their day, engaged in the typical activities of evil and petty gods: scheming and planning to dominate mortals or each other. Amid the cacophony of screaming howls of pain and torture and despairing sobs of the poor, unfortunate souls on Apokalips, one can see the hopeless expressions etched on the faces of those enslaved by the Apokaliptians. The desolate and hellish landscape of Apokalips complements the fear, oppression, and subjugation of its unfortunate victims.

For the victims of Apokalypse, this is the worst day of their pitiful lives. But for Desaad, it's just another day of service for Darkseid. Inside a dark chamber filled with the corpses of failed experiments and tortured victims, Desaad is about to order his minions to bring in a new batch of victims when his Mother Box alerts him to the presence of a dimensional anomaly traveling near the planet.

Intrigued, he checks the readings of the Mother Box and finds himself perplexed by the seemingly impossible speed of such an anomaly. Just as he's about to track the anomaly's trajectory, it suddenly vanishes. Confused, he tries to trace it but finds it untraceable. Curiosity fills him as he contemplates the possibility of such an anomaly.

No matter; he will seek out the anomaly later. There are valuable experiments that need to be done. The anomaly will have to wait. Desaad will fulfill his purpose for Darkseid.

 

4