41. Conflicted Little Bunny
173 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Did you know that a bunny could die from depression?

What was righteousness? What was good, bad, and wrong?

Bi Yuan was conflicted as in the duration she fought a certain crocodile, she learned the cruelty of being in the wrong. She thought everything was fodder to her, but she came to understand this wasn't the case.

Still, it had proven incomprehensible to her just why did she lose. Yes, she couldn't defeat the Crocodilian, but instead of finding other prey, she chose to stay get depressed like this.

In conclusion, she was a sore loser.

Why had she forsaken the chance to prove herself? Surely, she could rise once more to take a second chance at proving herself. Losing once would not mean the end of the world after all.

The little bunny was always eager to prove herself through battles but her eagerness had stagnated.

The conflict in the little bunny's heart continued to accumulate as thoughts of her battle with the Crocodilian replayed in her mind.

Why did she lose? And... Why was she not hunting anymore?

It had been days since her defeat with the Great Crocodilian, and she had been staying still in the same spot over the grass. To redeem herself, she should be hunting now! She was contemplating what had gone wrong with her psyche. That single loss demotivated her, and it was bearing on her badly.

Bi Yuan had been once the most fearsome and most powerful beast of the Butterberry Forest with her Fork at hand! But now, she was reduced to one depressed bunny. "Kyu..." She sadly chirped as she felt her paws becoming so weak that they could not even lift her favorite weapon.

[Bi Yuan | Little Bunny | Level 32 Paladin | 2nd stage Mind Enlightenment]

Even the progress of her level-ups had stagnated. The others were slowly catching up to her.

When Humble Blade and Lady Luck invited Bi Yuan to join their party, she rejected them. That was how depressed she was. In her idle time, Bi Yuan was simply gazing at the grass in front of her waiting for them to grow. She was truly and verily sad that it was painful to watch her. 

"Kyu..." She weakly chirped as she embedded her Fork in the grass, using it as a backrest so she could rest easy.

Abruptly, she heard the grunting and hostile movement from around her. Bi Yuan strained her eyes. Little monsters appeared from the thick vegetation of the forest. Their silhouette was vaguely visible to the eyes. They were goblins!

Bi Yuan understood who were the unruly beasts surrounding her. In her eyes, they looked like weird green apes. The little bunny drew her Fork of Perforation and brandished them. "Kyu~!" She didn't want to fight as she wouldn't want to do any wrongdoings anymore!

The little bunny had come to understand that her aimless hunting and killing in the Butterberry Forest was wrong, and that was why she lost to the Great Crocodilian. It was because she was not on the path of justice that she lost to the reptile!

Bi Yuan wished to not lose anymore. She must walk the path of the Paladin and not walk astray! "Kyu~!" She wanted the ugly goblins to just go away. Bi Yuan desired to understand the Dao of the Paladin, and it came to her that fighting and killing blindly was wrong. The goblins didn't do her any wrong, so she must not fight them.

However, if the goblins persisted in finding a fight in her, then Bi Yuan would be left with no choice but to fight back and even kill!

The goblins couldn't understand the little bunny. These savage creatures only knew to satisfy their primal desires, and were creatures born out of malice. Even if they could understand what the bunny meant, these goblins would not retreat! These goblins would only be stimulated by the sight of juicy prey.

What Bi Yuan didn't know was that the goblins had already conquered half of the Butterberry Forest!

The goblins were exponentially increasing and they were getting stronger qualitatively the bigger their population became. 

"RAAAGH~!"

The goblins surrounding Bi Yuan simultaneously showed themselves and ran at her while they wielded their clubs. They appeared threatening but Bi Yuahn was not one bit intimidated. The goblins were not even at the 1st stage of cultivation, but they had such ferocity.

Bi Yuan didn't use any martial spells and simply reciprocated by hurling herself to the crowd. She stretched her Fork and killed one, and then another, and another. She easily slaughtered all of them. Though the little bunny desired to fight less and to become more inclined to the ways of the paladin, the concept of mercy was yet to be realized in her mind, and that was why she decided to slaughter the goblins.

~swoosh!

The little bunny reacted too late. An arrow embedded itself on her small thigh. Looking above, she saw a goblin perched on a tree and was wielding a bow. The words [Goblin Archer Level 22] were written on top of its head. It was a peculiar sight as Bi Yuan didn't feel any qi from the beast.

To Bi Yuan's perception, the goblin possessed some kind of supernatural power separate from qi. This alarmed her and elicited her curiosity. In normal days, Bi Yuan would be thrilled to fight, but again because of her depression issues and inner conflict, her battle-junkie tendencies had somewhat subsided. 

Another arrow flew at Bi Yuan at incredible speed. The arrow was silent and was almost invisible to the naked eye. Bi Yuan used [Sacred Ash] and imbued it on her Fork of Perforation. She would definitely love to savor the fight, but she'd rather be done with it. She launched her Fork of Perforation in one single motion.

The arrow struck Bi Yuan's chest, but she had already cast her [Divine Fortitude] and focussed them on her chest. The arrow only nicked her skin and simply bounced off. Meanwhile, the [Goblin Archer] was flung from its perch.

Bi Yuan removed the arrow stuck in her thigh. She used [Aura of Virtue] which mended her bones, and flesh. Her thigh and nicked chest had healed at a speed visible to the naked eye. Even the redness from the blood in her fur was purified, cleaning her in one go. The grass surrounding her had also become filled with vitality.

"Kyu~ kyu..." She chirped with regret feeling bad for the goblins that challenged her. Normally, she wouldn't feel bad for the foes she fell down, but now that she was, she started praying at the back of her mind for all of the creatures she had slain. 

When she arrived at where the [Gblin Archer] died, she picked up her Fork of Perforation and spent little time mourning for the poor goblin. Out of nowhere, a rock was slung at her. Bi Yuan parried the rock. She looked over the source of the attack only to see familiar little green apes.

[Goblin Level 12] [Goblin Level 15] [Goblin Slinger Level 18]

It was the level 18 goblin that attacked her. The other two goblins were wielding a club and a shield. 

Bi Yuan frowned.

Suddenly, more goblins arrived, all of them surrounding her at once. [Level 9], [Level 8], [Level 10], etc... Now, the little bunny was really and genuinely annoyed. The [Goblin Slinger] loaded another rock on its sling. 

Bi Yuan's fuse was lit. She realized she was being targeted. Somehow, the depression was lifted, and she truly and genuinely wanted to set loose. Barely holding on to her temper, she calmed down her angry heart. Bi Yuan realized she must have some sort of anger issues considering the many times in the past that she went full-on batshit crazy on her enemies.

"Kyu... kyu..." She contemplated on the meaning of her anger. She felt thankful for the goblins who enlightened her. It was the anger that was the source of Bi Yuan walking the wrong path! Most often, she was led by anger and this resulted in her straying from the Dao of the Paladin.

Even that time when she suggested to Nee Chen to experiment and test their strength against a 4th stage enemy... Bi Yuan suggested fighting the 4th stage crocodilian out of her petty anger. Most decisions that Bi Yuan made were out of self-righteous anger!

The goblins inched closer to her.

"Kyu..." Bi Yuan had decided.

From now on, she would not let anger lead her! The decisions she would make must be based not on anger, but what would that exactly mean? As a Paladin, she must champion justice. Her actions must be based on justice. But what exactly was justice? She thought long and hard while she warily eyed the goblins around her.

What was justice? What was fairness?

Bi Yuan reached a perfect conclusion. 

It was the survival of the fittest!

As a beast, this was the only justice she knew.

The little bunny smiled and raised her fork with newfound confidence. It was time she administered justice as a Paladin! It was time for the depressed little bunny to perk up and take action. "Kyu-yu~!"

6