52. Seance [Part 2]
106 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Ugh..."

My shoulders felt heavy...

I just fought a tentacle-Kraken ghost abomination. It was a terrible fight that occurred for hours. I almost died! Thankfully, I was able to send it back to the Nether World before unrepairable damage had been done to my cave abode. With a thought, I used my quintessence to reset my cave together with my Telekinesis to return the debris and Telepathy to project the image of how I remembered them to be. I fixed the crags, craters, and a few artifacts that had been damaged since the confrontation.

There were also artifacts that were destroyed to the point they had become irreparable. This annoyed me. I should have killed that stupid calamari! Next time, I would introduce it to the grill!

I hesitated. Should I continue or not? What if I picked something as equally heinous and even worse? I decided to rephrase the demands that had to be spoken. I'd better forget wanting them strong, or them having a strong desire to be strong.  I should be content enough with my players being open-minded so that they would use the system without hindrance.

Without a doubt, it was necessary for me to fill up my player roster. It was just not about my players having more allies. This would also serve to increase my daily quintessence income. Now that I had one player, and was on his or her way to reincarnation. It meant that the theory ought to be right.

I would love to wait and observe my first resurrected player from the Nether World to make sure, but I wouldn't have the luxury of that.

The troublemaker who had usurped my goblins... She was certainly special, and I wouldn't want to lose, because in this cultivation world, losing meant death. I felt like I was getting used to this cultivation world's law of survival. In the strictest sense, survival of the fittest was a universal law that would even apply to my past life.

Office work. Classroom. The freaking election. Everything was a race, and defeat meant death. Though not as exaggerated as this world, I would not be a stranger to how 'surviving' meant winning. If it was only survival that I wanted, however, I would not even have dared to create my law-defying system.

Turning this world into a Game was a lofty ambition, while inherently anarchistic, it was ideally a paradise of its own... for the lost, for the tired, and for the hopeful.

I unknowingly smiled. "Fucking tentacle bastard." With a thought, I decided on my next course of action. It was not even a debate of whether I'd do this or not even with the threat of the ghostly abomination.

I brought a bunch of premium candles with me to a hidden spire from the Desolate Mountain ranges few mountain peaks from the Main Desolate Cave. I used my Telekinesis to clear space, carve rock, and create a suitable platform for my ritual. When all was done, I prepared for what was next, 

I drew blood from my index finger, drew a magic circle with it, and wrote runic characters from around it.

After doing so, I placed the candles in familiar corners. I performed the necessary procedures for the ritual. This was a Seance, an ancient dark art that allowed its performer to contact the dead. It was such a magical thing... too magical to the point that even the actual cultivators of this world would find it as magically endearing.

I voiced my demand once again. "I needed someone who was open-minded. Someone who was not a beast. Someone who would cherish a second life. Someone who had morals. Bring me forth the soul of the one who would make a deal with me!" And then I began weaving my hand seals.

Shortly after, something was summoned. This time, I was prepared. I would only need a thought and I would teleport from out of here. To my surprise, my luck this time appeared to be many times better than my prior summon.

A beauty with features close to a peasant appeared to me. She looked mundane, but there was this certain maturity in her eyes which were filled with conviction. Her features were far more distinct than the ones I talked about. This could only mean that the soul of this person was so resilient that even after death, she was able to maintain shape! Even the most ancient, and powerful cultivators would not be able to do this!

I discovered a gem this time! One with great potential.

"What was your greatest desire? Hear my wor---"

"Please! Could you get rid of my virginity? I will join you!"

"..."

Hmmm... I was greatly stressed and amused this time. I asked her about her age. "How old were you when you died?"

"27!" She responded almost shouting. "Please! I suffered a terrible and unfair death! I possessed the Yin Cursed Body. It was a body that would remain virgin forever, untainted, and unpenetrable..."

What the fuck did she mean unpenetrable?

The ghost woman continued on with her drivel. "I died in the middle of a fight between sects. They wanted to abduct me from my village! It was terrible! I was about to get laid with a man, but when we were about to do the did, we discovered I had become 'untouchable' and it just would not penetrate! It kept on slipping! It was terrible..."

Would I really want to continue listening to this?

"And then..." With a tearful cry, she continued her narrative. "And then the sect bastards appeared! They killed everyone! Those heartless beasts! They killed the gigolo I spent my year's worth of salary! And they kidnapped me. Their most senior disciple told me the curse in my body, and that was when I knew I would die a virgin old hag. But no! I just had to die at a very young age as another sect attacked us!"

"..."

Calm down. Me. Calm down. No matter how ridiculous it was, there was no use in complaining and lecturing about the dead ghost's lewd fantasy, and her being thirsty was not really my problem, but, she was not really wrong either.

If I were her, I would feel terrible too, but I already had my fair share of experience in my past life combined with old Fu Shi's memories which I could rewatch and re-experience anytime, not that I was actually doing it already, but the thought did occur to me once for awhile.

I sighed in exasperation.

Would I want this woman as my player?

"Hey," I softly called to her in my deadpan voice. "I would not pop your cherry, but I could resurrect you so that you would regain your flesh once more. It would then be all down to your effort if you could get laid or not. Deal??"

I could not believe it. I was actually trying to convince her.

The ghost woman nodded her head furiously and I could even imagine smoke and heat being released from her nostrils both in excitement and perversion. "Yes!" She replied.

I hastily added just to secure my own honor. "Just to remind you, I would not abide by you forcing yourself to others. There had to be mutual consent! Also, I would not know if your rebirth through resurrection and reincarnation would get rid of your Yin Cursed Body. It would be up to you to solve them."

My words had dampened her a bit, as her furious nodding was reduced to a microsecond slower or was I imagining it? I sent my intention to turn her into my player, and with my quintessence, I felt a new link sprout from her and finally, she had become my player.

She disappeared into the dark world to create her own character similar to the first person I recruited as my player.

I proceeded with my rituals. I kept on summoning until I found my next three players. Most often, I would end up with things being summoned from the magic circle which ranged from a sword, a random twig, a piece of rock, etc. The next most often thing that I encountered with my summoning was strange foes. Plenty of them were weaker than the tentacle Netherworld monster, but there were a few occasional troublesome monsters too like the woman pretender who was actually an incubus, and then there was even a skeleton who had an axe.

It didn't take me long to summon my next three players. 

And I swore...

If the magic circle, the netherworld, or the heavens were sentient, they must been purposefully trolling with me, getting high with laughter for the weird souls I had summoned. "Where in the Netherworld were these virgins coming from??" It was fascinating in its own way as I realized all five I had summoned were all virgins... and all of them were regretful they died virgins. The funnier thing was except the 2nd I had summoned, the rest were all ancient old coots who were formerly legends in the mortal plane.

It was insane.

And then I made another realization... that I made it a requirement for the summoned to be open-minded. The doubt arose when I asked myself this. 'Did being open-minded mean and would equate to being a virgin?' This was crazy! After all, while merely a baseless claim for now, it was not so outrageous that people would easily dismiss them as ravings of a madman.

5