Chapter 2: The High Seas.
61 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Sorry for the week! I have no idea why I even started writing again at such a time in life.

This one not only feels wrong, it also has too many screens. I'm not that happy with this one.

 

As David looked around, he noticed that- ‘Why is everything so blurry?’

 

While looking from afar, he could clearly see the walls, but as he focused on coming closer and getting more details, everything became blurry. As he was backing up, he focused on what he saw “behind” him, and noticed a yellow… crystal?

 

He wasn’t sure what this was, but he felt like it was wrong, as if it was supposed to be something else. Once again, when he tried to get a closer look, everything blurred, and so he settled for looking from afar.

 

The… thing was an off-yellow shard with white cracks running through it, and something told him it was soft. It also told him it wasn’t supposed to be soft. What unnerved David the most, is while this thing was wrong and unnerved him, it was also… right. This was him. David wasn’t stupid, so putting its location and the weird feeling of belonging together, he knew what this was.

 

Update completed!

V1.0

Description:

My bad! I didn’t implement the patch properly. Most (or hopefully all) typos like that should be gone with this.

Changes:

 

Finally having access to the system, David fired off a message with a series of questions to Cherz.

 

New Message 1/1

From: Cherz the Department [[email protected]]

 

Just start the system, it’ll answer most of your questions.

 

With that cryptic message, David was stumped, but not for long. Remembering where in his head the system was, he willed it to do something, and something he got.

 

New Skill Acquired

[Vision] (Human +9.7)

Toggle (0.1 MP/hr)

You can see! Although you can’t see anything up close, it is still an achievement not many of your kind get.

 

New Skill Acquired

[Identify] (Memories)

Active (No cost)

A simplified [Inspect] that relies on already known information. Although inferior in many aspects, it is better in others, adapting to the interests of the person using it, and not having a cost to use.

 

‘So even in another world, I can’t escape my aging eyes’- Having one of his questions answered, one possibly answered, and one more added, he focused on the cost of the vision spell, as it felt right to do so.

 

Mana Points (MP)

1/1

Rate: 0 (0.1/hr)

(0.1/hr) - (0.1/hr) 

 

‘So, if I want to regen, I need to be blind, got it.’

 

Not knowing what else to do, he decided to once again ask Cherz.

 

New Message 1/1

From: Cherz the Department [[email protected]]

 

The dudes that fiddled with your brain should have added some instincts, and me helping you to much will just be a hindrance sp youre on your own.

 

Being left on his own, David decided to trust those words, and did what he felt was right. Except nothing happened.

 

Grumbling to himself, he tried remembering something useful, but came up empty. So, as he was about to just start doing random things, he remembered his new active skill, and willed the system to use it on his crystal… and nothing happened.

 

Cue half hour of trying and trying to make the system use the skill, until he just gave up and thought of the skill working while looking at his crystal. He felt something that he didn’t even notice in his mind, it being completely separate from his system, root around in his head.

 

‘Dungeon Core. Made of an unknown soft yellow material which turns white due to stress. The culmination of your being. Gathers and stores mana for functions of the dungeon.’

 

David was rarely angry at others, but that didn’t mean that was true for himself.

 

Trying out his other skill, he willed his eyes closed, and once again, some other, separate-but-one part of him stopped working. His mind felt lighter, but he couldn’t say if it was due to the skill turning off, or due to no longer seeing anything. David wasn’t scared, as not only he had experience in a sensory deprivation tank (whatever that was), but he also didn’t become totally blind.

 

Now that the ‘loud’ human vision was gone, he could feel something. It was something small and careful, but it didn’t feel fragile. He slowly drifted, relaxing and trying to understand the waves and fluctuations surrounding him. As he finally understood the ebbs and flows of the sea, he started breathing with it. Wave comes, he inhales, it leaves, he exhales.

 

He continued breathing until it was second nature to him, and as he once again acknowledged the world, he both felt bloated, and felt a distinct pressure from the system. Not knowing how to deal with the bloating, he decided to focus on the system.

 

New Skill Acquired

Mana Breathing (Wave) lvl 3

Inherent (Toggle)

Allows you to breathe mana. An unprecedented skill for dungeons, this skill allows you to not only use ambient mana flows to regenerate mana and even somewhat exceed your limits, but also slowly converts ambient mana in your sphere of influence into Dungeon Mana with no extra work. Does not disrupt ambient mana flows, effectiveness grows with influence.

 

Happy with his work, David decides to first check his mana and somehow relieve the bloating if possible.

 

Mana Points (MP)

1.3/1 (1.8)

Rate: 0.3/day (1.1/hr)

(0.1/hr + 1/hr) - (0) - 4.5/day [Overflow] 

 

Being happy with the numbers, but seeing no solution to his problem, he asked his [Identify] about sphere of influence. Feeling it rooting in his brain, he tries to help it by focusing on anything it stops at.

 

‘Dungeon area, dungeon field, or in this case, simply sphere of influence, is a space where a dungeon can affect and see things. Often, neither dungeon creations nor the dungeon itself can leave said area, unless specially prepared to do so. Possibly can be expanded by using mana or other types of energy.’

 

Remembering how his sight traveled around the cave, David concluded that the entire cave was under his influence, but he just didn’t know how to interact with it. Thinking back on his meditation, David thought it could help, but before he once again submerged,

 

Update available!

V1.0 -> V1.1

Description:

This will answer any questions you might need, without making it boring.

Changes:

+Added Dungeon Compendium to the main menu.

*All knowledge in the compendium will be compiled from already known information. The manual is purely for convenience.

 

And so, update loading, David relaaaaaaxed.

 

Any comments / suggestions / criticisms are HIGHLY welcome and appreciated, and if you want to talk to me directly, I tried to make a discord, which you can find on my profile.

3