Chapter 3: PAIN and legalese.
73 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Screw it, here's a chapter.


No idea how this happened, honestly. I wanted this to be a lighthearted chapter explaining mana, but… things happened.

This is Version 2! I merged two chapters into one and made This abomination.

The world is… complicated. Some say it’s like an infinitely complex dance, and that is true. Some think it’s a preplanned play, and that is also true. Some even argue that it’s nothing but a soup of matter and particles, ever-changing, ever moving, but fully devoid of any meaning. None of these answers are wrong.

 

One thing that all these people agree on, is that it’s beautiful.

 

Be it the self organizing nature of it all, or the foresight and focus required to prepare and act out everything there is, or maybe it’s the purely mathematical fascination with the infinitely small chances that are required for everything to be where it is, what it is.

 

There are as many points of view as there are sapient creatures in the world, or possibly even more, and all of them are correct.

 

Some things are hard to find beauty in, but one just needs to look further, bigger. A rotting corpse could not be said to be beautiful by most, but if you look out, you will see the delicate flowers growing from it.

 

The world… is complicated…

 

As David looks at the tiny piece of the grand work of art that is the world, he observes. He notices the tiny ripples as the mana of this world crashes against unseen shores, scattering, and how out of those same shores comes a new wave, supporting the receding mana.

 

He sees, nay, he Feels the shores. They are a part of him, a tiny, almost invisible part. His mind is nothing more than wind on a calm summer sea, but his body, the shore.

 

A tiny breeze touches the imaginary sandbanks, not strong enough to blow away even a grain of sand. Even if for a moment, he is one. No mind, no body, no soul. Just. Him.

 

David is violently thrown out of the sea, his entire existence wracked in pain. He cannot speak, he cannot think, he cannot move, he can only feel

P̷͈̑́A̴͕̟̓Ĩ̵̲N̶̳̋

P̸̧̹̠͛̿A̸͎̹͍͒̕Í̸̼̫̀͊N̵̫͊̏͘

P̶̘͚̦͉̄A̸̲͆̚I̴̟̼̖͛̓N̴͍̒

P̶̧̬̘̩̩̱͕̘̙̻̊̐̀̕͝Ȁ̸̘̯͚͇̺̲͈̪͕̹̊̅̂̿̈́I̷̧̦̜͍̝͎̮̪̞̻̅͒͝Ṅ̵̡̧̡̹̳̗̻̙̱

P̴͍̣̳̼̦̜͒̑̍̑̑̒͌͋̏̆͛̋͒͠A̵͇̹̝̫͖̤̻̥̖̳̮̩͗̾͊̈́̿̃̆͑̓̂̐̃͘̚ͅĨ̵̮̬̈́́́̽̚N̵̨̡̝̺̥̰̙̫͉͗̈́̈́́̃̇̋̉̀̔͗̊̑̕͜

P̶̨̡̰̲̼̗̻̲͙̼̱̲͉̘̼̪̖̭͂̒̈́͂̚͜ͅÄ̶̢̛̲̮̝̮̜͚̩͇͚̙͓̲̦͕̜́͐̑̈̿̋̊̋͘͜͜͠I̶͕̠̟̋̑̅̂̈́͝Ṉ̸̨̛̬̗̜͚͓͇̩̩̗̰͇̮̰̙̝̱̝̥̩̞͖̈̑͋̂̍͌̈́͊̽͊͐͑̽͑̈́̊̄̿̐͂̏̽̋̕̚͘͠͝ͅ

H̷̡̨̱̗̘̤̰͈̬̯̗̖̱̩̼͕̻̊̎̈́͗̋̐̀̂̾̚͜͠͝͝ḙ̸̡̢̛̛͔͙̬̖͖̭̝̰̲͇͙̒̀̆̾͗̉̏̈́́̉̔̾́̚̕͜ͅ ̸̧̧̛̼̰̣̹̤̬̙̼͎̾͑̍̈͐i̵̥̬̞͉̰̜̠̹͇͕̥̖͉̱̬̥̮̰̣̣̩͔̲͎̺̯̤̖̐͛̓͗̃̀̈́̏͒͌̾́́̒̈́͆͒̕͘ͅš̴̡͖̰͖͇̪̿̓͆̀̽̃͛͒͒́̾̓̾͊̋͂̈́̽̉͊̌̿̀̅̾̚͘̚͜͠ ̶̧̡̥̹͙̰̦̪̮̫̹̫̺̝̺̠̭̣͍̥̈́͗̑̾͒̅́̈́̊͑́͌̿́̐͋̌̌̆̽̀͛̉ŝ̴̢̨̧̧̡̛͕̠̼̞͖͇͙̞̮̯͈͎͖͖̤̠͎̲̝̻̰̬͙̯̅̌̇̃̓͂̂̀̌̆̾̈́̓̈́́͛͐̆̃̀̚͘͝c̵̳͕̞͇̳̝̬̰̯͇̘̟̝͎̻̫͓̞̩̬̗̠͍̱̫̣̬͚͂̀̀̉̌̑͒͂͌̒̓̒̄̀̚͝ṛ̶̪̪̗̀̾̂́͐̽̀̿̐͠e̷̢̢̼̩̼͔̫̲̝͈̤͎̠̥̊̉̎͂̏͗̈́̒̊̌͝͠͠à̷̡̫̣̏̇̽̇̍̋̎̌̆̒͂̂̕͝m̸̢̢̨̡̢̛̛͇͕̩̙̗͙͉̗͕̖̺̥̩̮̺̦̖̲̱̲̝̘̣̤̈́̐͛͛̆̚i̸̧̺͚̱͎̠̗̗̹͉͍̦̭̮̮̪̼̬̞̼͗̽̂͑̽͗̄̒͑̆́̊̀̀͑͛̑́͝n̶̬͇̗̪̲̖̭̻̝͆̅̿ģ̷̨̧̛͍̣̣̳̖̞̱̰̼͍̲́̿̈́̊̎̊͐̾̉̔̒͐̔̈́̇̚̚͝͠ ̶̢̩̹͙̱͖̟̥̻̱̜̈́̉̈́͆̑̍͜f̸̛̛͙̲͗̀͋͗̂̐̀̈̽͒̏͒̀͋̉͘͜͝͠ǫ̸̘̠͙̗̯̟̳̩̦̺͓͖̭̰̩̾̃̿̋͛̎͘ͅr̴̛̗̮̲̦͖͙̦̻͎͍͂͗͌̀̆̀̋͒̅͗̀͂̄̓͌̈́́̏̾͜͝ ̷̨̧̨̺̞̻̗͚̭̇̈͗̀̃̾̒̕͜͝ͅh̶̨̛̞̤̜̱̗̱͙͇̻̙͛͋̿̋̒̈́͊̈́͂̃̽̉̓̑̽̐̇̉͘͘͝ȩ̵̛̖̼͈̱͈̻̮̙͈̭̰͎͙̫̙̠̲̥̞͎͖͖̣̯͖͕̐̈̿̀̓̽̌̏̓̌̎̈́̆̂̾͆͐̒̏͛͜͠͝ͅ ̶̰̠͓̦͚̏̊̋̂́͌̋́̎͆̃͆͒̄̈́̾͗̀̚͘͝͝c̸̖̤̟̪̪̭̝͓̳̭̣͍͓̰̯͉̭͇̻̖̹͉͓̔͒͆̎͋̍̈́͋̓̑̾̆̀̅͂͆͑͆̈̊̈́̉͒̆͘̕͜͠͝ả̴̡̨̰̳̞͈̭̠̤̪̙͍̝͇̺͓̼̐̇̓͆̈́͗̂̌̈́̚͜͠n̴̰͋̐͆̂̓͛̃͑͌̇́̃̈́̀̍̓̊̅̔̾̇͠͝n̸͈͓̫̄͒̈́́͋̽͗̔̑͝ơ̴̢̧̢̧̨̰̟̩̟̺͔̺̳͈̬̱̹̙̺̫͙̤̯̘͖̳͒̅̒̀̓͑̀̓̿̍̑̈͆̔́́̄͠͠ţ̴̢̛̞̰̙̮̮̥͖͙̘͙̠̋̐̿̉̀̽̅́̾͝͝͝ ̴̨̢͉̬̲̭̦̤̝͚̼͚̱̺͔͚̃͛͐́̀̉͂̍̿̔̎̓̏͑͆͊͊̇͗̒̽̽͘͜d̶̢̠͇͈̖̩̳̬̗͉̪̥̯̘̪̜͚̰͍̪̻̺̱̺̽̄́͊̔̋̎̀͛͗͆̌͂͑̇́̀̏͌͑͗̈͂̕̚͘͘͘͜͝͝ͅȏ̵̧̫̝̮̿̔́͐̀̉̀͒͆̑̈͆̈̑̈́̓̚̚̚͘ ̶̡̥̖̘͇̟̲̊̃͐̒͜o̵̘̭̰̕t̵̢̛̥̼̹̲̲̥̗̝̗͍̬͙̰̼͐̈́̂̈́͜͝h̴̢̘͖͖̆̆̽̾͑͊̌ę̵̛̰̟̤̮͔̩͓̲̤̜̼͍̖̲̜̫̤̼̩́̏̋̎̑̅̍̈̋́̈́̀̐͒͘͘͘̚̕͠͝r̸̡̡̧̼̖͙̠̥͕̘̺̮̣̦̪̫͈̖͙̳̣̖̥̹̮̘̳͊̐̏͊͌̀͛̑͆̈́̋͐̅̓̂̀̂̔̅̈́̎͒͌̈́́͜͜ͅŵ̷̦̽̉̅̍̊̈̾̽̓̚͘ȋ̶̧̡̛̘̩̙̟̭̞͇̳̼̹̥͎̖̼̭̝̳͕̮͛̾͌̇͒̄̓́͑͛̕̕̚s̵̡̨̧̡̨̫͙̱̟̠͎̮̹̩͔͍͇̰̰̜͓̠͚̙̫̗̬̮̩͋͐̔̍͊͛͐e̵̢̨̡̛͙͖̙̜̠̙̼̬̗̺͇̹̟͎̜̲̼̭͎͔̲͎̺̜͔̟̊͂̐̈́̈́͗̎̂̎̒̂̒̆̎͂̈́́̀̿̆̓͊̓̕̕͜͠͝.̵̨̫̻̫̺̭͇̥͚̱̮̮̬̊̾͗̓͐͊̕ͅ

P̷̧̢̧̡̢̛͚̬͎̩̼̱͎̩̯̭̦̲̻̬̖̟͔̐̅̆̇̌̕͝ͅĄ̷̨̨̗̖͙̦̣̺̯̈́͘̕I̶̛̛̪̮̭̠̠̲̰̯͙͛̔̑̈́̿̍̀̒̾͗̃̑̓̈́̊̆̽̾͆̈͒͛̉͆͝N̸̨̨̧̛̰͇͓̩̲͖͖̫͍̥͎̤̯̜͔̈́̈́̀͑͌̀̆̄͑̋͊͜ͅͅ

P̸̲̬̤̻̫̗̻̳̝͐̚Á̵̜͍͚̖̳̥͇̔̾I̷̢̢͍̥͙̣̤͔̥͓̩̅̐̊̀́͛̽͝N̴̫̞̳̗͔̓̾̅̓̊̓

P̵͎̳̻̋̾Ä̶͖̭́͂͆I̵̯͎͎̅̓̀̐͂́͛͛̎N̶̢͇̠̜̣͍̠̓̿̌̅͐̚

P̶̩̯̼͘͜͠A̴̡̜̥͆̇̿̌I̷͎͐Ñ̵̤̻̹͌̒̊̎ͅ

P̸̰̍͝Ą̵̧͍͑̌͒I̸͉̔̚N̵̖̰͒̌͐͜

P̶̢̈́̇Á̵̯̈I̷̻̊Ñ̵͈͕̃

Cherz is panicking. He doesn’t know what to do. This was never supposed to happen! What CAN he do? The system is updating, he is helpless. He can’t let David die! He must… He must call someone! But who? The Reincarnation Acclimation department! They work with changing souls, they will know what to do!

 

He is calling, he is texting, he is RUNNING. The elevator is too slow, his wings will carry him, unused as they are. Screw regulations, screw rules, the old man needs help, and he will get that help.

 

His wings ache. One floor. Two floors. He filed the support ticket, his laptop falls to the concrete below. Five floors. Ten floors. He called all he can, his phone is blown into the wall by a gust of wind and the screen cracks as it clatters below. Fifteen. Twenty. Twenty three floors.

 

Glass. His hand is broken, one side of the room is red. It is fine.

 

Cherz looks up to see horrified workers. Someone is trying to help him stand. He pushes them away, points down and SCREAMS.

David isn’t sure what is happening. He remembers some P̷͈̑́A̴͕̟̓Ĩ̵̲N̶̳̋ but not much else. He can not see the cave, instead he seems to be in a room. Most of the room is blurry, but he can see someone in front of him, sleeping on a chair.

 

His arm has a makeshift crutch on it, with blood coating it. Most of the young man is bloody. His shirt is ripped in multiple places, one leg of his pants is gone, and the leg itself is a mess of seeping bandages. His right eye has bandages over it.

 

As David begins to once again black out, he feels a familiar pressure.

 

Update completed!

V1.1

Description:

This will answer any questions you might need, without making it boring.

Changes:

+Added Dungeon Compendium to the main menu.

*All knowledge in the compendium will be compiled from already known information. The manual is purely for convenience.

 

Due to extensive damage, notifying administrator and initiating soul preservation and restoration.

Have a nice rest.

 

The phone of the man in front of him begins blaring, he wakes with a start, and stares right at him.

 

“David?”

 

Before he could fully black out, David puts two and two together and calls out, surprised at actually hearing a voice.

 

“Crerz?”

When David woke up, he felt… fine. In fact, he felt so fine that it unnerved him. Wanting to orient himself, he focused on the now familiar system and willed it to open, only to be surprised by something else jumping in front of it.

 

Don’t worry, all you need to know is that Cherz needs a hospital, and David can decide for how long he can stay.

Employee management and review

Due to unprofessional behavior of one of our employees, you are asked to review your experience with said employee. 

Employee: Knealineurmarrupgreepie Cherzhtinogidirskaya Papurqmperekkonen. Head of [Quick Software] department. Project [#####] manager. Official legal representative of [David Hearst]. [Classified Military positions].

Relevant violations: Flight without permit. Flight in no flight zone. Destruction of company property (2749.99∄). Endangerment of civilians. Disruption of workflow of essential personnel. Endangerment of staff. Aggression to essential high-ranking personnel. Trespassing into restricted zones.

Relevant background: Knealineurmarrupgreepie Cherzhtinogidirskaya Papurqmperekkonen claims to have done such actions due to danger to his employer/charge/friend [David Hearst]’s life and soul. These claims were confirmed by Camera and System recordings, as well as a submitted report ticket and recorded phone calls. The relevant staff on duty also note that only due to the actions of Knealineurmarrupgreepie Cherzhtinogidirskaya Papurqmperekkonen did the life and soul of [David Hearst] was saved.

Action report: Due to unexpected circumstances, an unexpected interaction between [David Hearst]’s body and soul caused an instability and partially separated the soul into seventy-three (73) pieces. Seeing the process beginning, Knealineurmarrupgreepie Cherzhtinogidirskaya Papurqmperekkonen took his personal laptop and cellphone and ran to the nearest window on floor [#####] ([#])  and proceeded to jump out. Following this, Knealineurmarrupgreepie Cherzhtinogidirskaya Papurqmperekkonen took flight and ascended twenty-three (23) floors to the [#####] ([#]) floor, and broke through the closed window, shattering it in the process. Additionally, during the flight, Knealineurmarrupgreepie Cherzhtinogidirskaya Papurqmperekkonen has let go of his personal laptop and cellphone midair, possibly endangering workers and civilians below. Knealineurmarrupgreepie Cherzhtinogidirskaya Papurqmperekkonen then proceeded to scream at and force workers of the [#####] department to ascertain the status of [David Hearst], and following [his] extraction, followed the personnel into a restricted zone until [David Hearst] was returned to his current body.

Additional info: Due to the above-mentioned actions, Knealineurmarrupgreepie Cherzhtinogidirskaya Papurqmperekkonen has sustained twenty-eight (28) bone fractures, lost approximately three and a half (3.5) liters of blood, contracted an eye infection due to blood contamination, and lost full functionality in two (2) wings. He will require extensive healing, surgery and full regrowth of an eye, and approximately three (3) months of intensive care. Following this explanation, Knealineurmarrupgreepie Cherzhtinogidirskaya Papurqmperekkonen has rejected the legally required leave for intensive care and asked to continue supervising [David Hearst] during the medical process.

Conclusion: By the decision of the court, jury, and some harmed individuals, he will be fined 233∄ for company property, provided with a government issued personal laptop and cellphone, and allowed to work during sick leave. Any additional details and punishments, such as length of hospice care, are to be relegated to [David Hearst].

Don’t worry, all you need to know is that Cherz needs a hospital, and David can decide for how long he can stay.

 

‘Holly molly! That’s a lot of legalese! What have you gotten yourself into, Cherz? You poor boy… So, what do you need of me?’

 

Employee management and review

Please describe your thoughts on the relevant matter. All relevant thoughts and word will be automatically recorded.

 

‘So, what can I say about it? Objectively, he was wrong. There should be a system for these kinds of things, and if there isn’t? I say he’s not guilty whatsoever. But if we stop thinking like uncaring bastards? While it could have been handled better, it isn’t certain it would have had a better effect. Hell, I could be dead if he followed protocol.

 

‘So, I say that he did what he could and should even be commended for his quick thinking. As for the sick leave? I say let him and the doctors decide. Doctors know best, after all! Heck, kept me going for a couple years past the deadline.

 

‘That enough for you, you legal snobs?’

 

Employee management and review

Your input is highly appreciated. A review is currently in progress.

 

With that done, David suddenly panicked. How was Cherz? Is he ok? But before he could even open the Messenger, he calmed down.

 

New Message 1/2

From: Cherz the Department [[email protected]]

I’m ok. Don’t know what they will put into that notice, but I’m already in the hospital. I hope that I don’t have to stay here for too long, Or at least they let me work. I’m currently on a backup phone, so I’m gonna need to buy a new one, so that’s a hit in the wallet. I’ll write you again when I can.

 

‘...

 

‘…Good kid…’

I feel like shit, might post more.

Oh yea,

Discord:
https://discord.gg/NMbzfbmnB8
Patreon:
https://patreon.com/Noonegoodsir

Patreon is 3+ extra chapters.

3