Chapter 51: Future plan II
229 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Now then, where were we again? Yes, about the players. So Friday, how should I proceed with my moves in future." Arthur asked.

[Don't you already have a plan on how to deal with the players, Sir.] Yes, while Arthur may not be the brightest student in the class, he still has his fair share of experience in both the real world and in the game.

So just after he heard about the presence of other players in this world he started to formulate a strategy to make all the opposition fall.

"You know me, Friday. I just thought it was fun and this is a serious matter so I couldn't just go along with my halo-plan. And knowing you, you should already prepare a foolproof plan for me to proceed." After saying that Arthur stood up in a dramatic manner and made a 'T' pose he said:

"So tell me—King of Wisdom—Friday, how can I, Master of yours, claim this land and make my way to the next world? Give me your infinite wisdom, Friday and pave a path for me to walk towards the throne of this world."

[I thought you grew up from your chuunibyou phase, Sir, seems like I'm wrong. Anyway for your future development, I have constructed two possible plans.]

[The first one is relatively hard and needs a long time and countless schemes to put the plan into motion. And the end result is where both the Six Great Gods and the Eight Greed Kings are killing each other for us and the casualties for our side are almost negligible.]

[But as previously stated the plan needs a long time—around a century—to complete. But the merit is—we won't need to sacrifice much from Nazarick reserve. But knowing your personality, I don't think you will intend to go with this plan.]

[And my second plan is relatively simple, and doesn't require much time but the problem is, this plan requires an army and lots of sacrifices. Even—] Just then the door opened and Yuri entered the room once again.

"Sorry for making you wait, Ancient-sama." Then she just stationed at the side of Arthur to address any order he may give.

Arthur just nodded at her as he once again put his attention on what Friday said.

'So Friday, the sacrifice you are talking about, it's not on Floor Guardian level, right.' If it's on that scale, Arthur won't even have considered it as it's a high price to pay.

Sure, he had the finances to resurrect all the Floor Guardians along with all the Areas Guardians a hundred times over but he wasn't willing to sacrifice any of them unless a critical situation called for.

Here they also have an alternative plan so Arthur isn't willing to sacrifice any Guardians—and he also makes a promise to himself not to let any of his friends' hard work and dreams go to waste.

[No, Sir. The sacrifice I am stating is about the Mercenary NPC along with the pop-up monster and in the worst case we only need to sacrifice Five Ruler, who is located on the Eighth floor.]

🔹🔹🔹

Mercenary NPCs are a group of NPCs, which need to be summoned using a book, a special summoning ritual and an adequate amount of gold. Thus, they could not be summoned without a book.

And said the book is a collection of recorded monster data, Which Arthur and previous members of Ainz Ooal Gown slayed, And this date was required to summon said monsters as mercenaries.

For summoning, the gold cost for summoning a mercenary correlates with its level. As Ainz Ooal Gown is a collector-type guild, the majority of their mercenary books are high level—there are low-level mercenary NPC but compared to the rest, that's just a few in numbers—and the gold cost of summoning one of high-level NPC is immense from an NW perspective. 

In reality, there is no need to acquire so many books, as using every single resource from Nazarick, one cannot summon even a tenth of the amount of monsters.

Because the monster data was not very expensive, Arthur started making a massive number of duplicates for future uses and another reason for gathering so many books was to hide important magic items by blending them among the ordinary ones making it impossible for anyone other than guild members or servants to find anything, which is smart idea proposed by none other than Nishikienrai—the Assassin com theft of Ainz Ooal Gown.

🔹🔹🔹

'This strategy is much closer to what I thought but anyway how should I start.' Arthur said after Friday explained the outline of her plan.

Just then the view on {Mirror of Remote Viewing} started to change its scenery until it stopped under a four people, who were wearing standard adventure outfits and were fighting a group of Demi-humans. 

Arthur didn't ask why Friday showed him this image as he ordered Yuri.

"Yuri put Nazarick on maximum alert. I will go first, and you will tell Demiurge, who is standing on the next floor, to follow me after fully equipping himself. However, I forbid him to bring his Evil Lords with him. After that, prepare support units, just in case. Also, tell Demiurge—We are meeting humans with racial prejudice—just tell him that he will understand what to do." 

"I understand, but I wish to request the task of defending your body to be given to me, Ancient-sama, as your personal maid it's my swear duty to protect you."

"Then who will relay my orders? And if by any chance any intruders came to the tomb as the last line of defence you along with all Pleiades should be present in the throne room. Therefore, you must stay." Saying so Arthur looked at the {Mirror of Remote Viewing}.

The image changed, and now it showed the Demi-humans sending a girl flying with a punch. The girl was sent back to a monk, who quickly healed her. They were probably at their wits. Arthur immediately opened his inventory and withdrew a Staff, which looks as majestic as {The Staff of Ainz Ooal Gown}.

Just as the humans planned to flee, they were once cornered by the Demi-humans. Since time was tight, Arthur swiftly incanted the spell: {Gate}

—a spell that had no limits on distance and a 0% chance of teleport mishaps.

Time to give an Oscar-winning performance. Arthur thought as he entered the gate.

❌❌❌

How was the chapter? If you have any advice for me, please comment on it.

please leave a review and comment, if you like Fan-fic.

I posted 15 advanced chapters on Patreon, If you want to support me, check it out. You only need 3$ to become my Patreon.

patreon.com/Clockwork439

10