Chapter 43: Changes
644 2 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Arthur was in the dressing room on the ninth Floor. The dressing room adjoining Arthur's suite was a chaotic mess of items, with hardly any place to put one's feet. There were items like capes, with which Arthur could equip himself, and suits of full plate armour, which he has no interest in. In addition to armour and other protectives, there were weapons ranging from magic staves to greatswords. This was truly an assortment of gear.

Players could produce a nearly infinite variety of original magic items in YGGDRASIL. Defeated monsters are a means to obtain magic items and because of this, the Nazarick possesses different types of magic items.

Arthur picked out a greatsword from the weapons in the room. Freed from its sheath, the silvery blade sparkled in the light. The runes carved into the blade's body sparkled as well, etching themselves into any onlookers' eyes. Arthur swung the greatsword around. It was as light as a feather.

Of course, this was not because the blade was light, but because Arthur was very strong.

After placing the back to its original position, Arthur changed to his different avatar starting from his {Angel} Avatar. Because both his {Dragon} and {Demon} Avatar was too big for the current room, he didn't change to them.

"I don't feel any changes at all other than this overly holy for some reason," Arthur murmured while he changed to Golem.

In his Golem form, he felt excitement when he looked at the magic items that were present in the room.

And finally to his Incubus form.

Arthur just felt normal after changing to his incubus form as it has always been his body. One thing he found surprising was his handsome face. Which looks like a piece of art in itself.

Feeling satisfied with his looks, Arthur turned to Narberal—the maid that was accompanying him.

"How do I look? Nabe-chan" Arthur was slightly perplexed by his sudden way of speaking. Even Narberal was surprised by his way of talking. But as a professional maid, he quickly regained her bearing as replied.

"You look wonderful, My Lord—Just like always," Narberal replied almost instantly.

Hearing her, Arthur let out a small chuckle. "That's very nice of you to say."

"Your 'thanks' is wasted on me, My Lord"

"On that note, I will be stepping out for a while."

"The guards are ready for you," the Narberal reflexively replied. However—

"No... there is no need for the guards to accompany me. I simply wish to walk by myself." Arthur said while he closed his distance from her.

Their lips are so close to each other that they could kiss each other if they want. But Narberal being a maid of Nazarick couldn't look directly at her creator as it was considered a sin, So she looked to the ground with a light blush.

"Pl-Please wait and reconsider, if something happens to Ancient-sama, we must become your shields. We cannot allow any harm to come to your person."

The maids and the other vassals wanted nothing more than to protect their master even at the cost of their own lives. In that sense, Arthur requested to go walking by himself which completely disregarded their feelings - was a cruel one.

However, it had been over three days since this abnormality occurred, roughly seventy-three hours. During this time, Arthur had been desperately trying to identify if there were any changes in the Great Underground Tomb of Nazarick.

Friday indeed gives the report, but The Great Tomb of Nazarick has become a reality. There are some things which Friday can't check. One example is the changes on the Eighth Floor.

According to Friday, the reason for this is because of the usage of multiple WCI on that floor. And because of this full analysis on that floor was not possible for Friday.

Because of this Arthur was busy cross-checking all the information that he obtained. But now it was his time for rest.

"I have to do something in secret, and I will not allow anyone to follow me."

A brief silence followed.

Just as Arthur was starting to feel that it was dragging on, the maid finally replied:

"Understood. Then, please be safe, Ancient-sama."

Arthur's heart ached briefly as the maid ate it up hook, line, and sinker, but he brushed it aside.

Feeling happy Arthur lifted Narberal's face and gave her a quick perk on her lips. To which she froze solid.

And immediately after he used {Ring of Ainz Ooal Gown} and vanished from the spot, leaving the flustered maid alone.

His destination was a large hall. There were rows of narrow mortuary slabs on both sides of him, but there were no corpses on them now. The floor was polished limestone. Behind Arthur was a flight of stairs leading down, and at their end was a set of double doors, through which one could access the First Floor of the Great Underground Tomb of Nazarick. The sconces in the walls had no torches; the only light came from the bluish-white moonlight streaming in from the outside.

This was the closest location to the surface that the Ring of Ainz Ooal Gown could take him, the central mausoleum on the surface of the Great Underground Tomb of Nazarick.

All he needed to do was take a few steps to reach the outside world.

That was because of the thoroughly unexpected encounter before him. What was in front of him was an exceptionally beautiful group of women with crimson eyes.

Behind them was one more figure with pale wax skin. but it had been watching Arthur from the beginning.

Seeing Arthur, The pale beauty stepped forward and asked with slight hostility:

"Who are you?" Arthur was slightly surprised when they showed a hostile intent but his doubt was immediately solved by Friday.

"Shalltear..." Arthur murmured, which was heard by the said women.

—The denizens of the Great Tomb of Nazarick, or rather, all of Ainz Ooal Gown's servants radiated a certain aura that the servants could sense in order to determine whether a stranger was a friend or foe within the Tomb.

Because Arthur was using his Avatar form—Which most of the guardians have no prior knowledge about—they couldn't immediately identify them.

And the reason why Shalltear didn't immediately start to attack was because in the tomb it was not possible to walk freely, and if someone managed to walk freely without catching then they had to be the supreme beings. Another reason is because Friday added an additional text: Always think before you act—in Shalltear description.

Hearing the stranger calling her name, Shalltear gave a close look at the man in front of her and suddenly the ring in the man's finger attracted her attention.

And without even saying anything she went on he knees. Seeing her mistress has gone to her knees the Vampire Brides also followed her.

"I deeply apologize for aiming my hostility against you, Ancient-same. I know action is unforgiving but I beg you to forgive me."

'What do you think of me? Some kind of monster.' Arthur thought.

"You don't have to apologise, Shalltear. You just did what a Guardian of Floor should do. And you can stand up." Hearing Arthur, Shalltear stood up.

"Then, Ancient-sama, Why are you doing it on the first floor? Without your escort. And even hiding your aura." Shalltear asked after she stood up from her previous position.

"I was going outside to check the surroundings," Arthur said as he continued.

"Did you know where Demiurge is?" The reason why he asked that question was because according to canon it was Demiurge, who was supposed to be here, instead of him it was Shalltear.

"Demiurge along with Antares is outside of the tomb to complete your order. But if Ancient-sama orders it, I will immediately call Demiurge."

"There is no need for that, Shalltear. I am just checking it." Arthur said.

"Then allow me to be your escort, Ancient-sama," Shalltear said with a small bow. Arthur didn't know why he felt like Shalltear was being overly polite. But he decided to ignore that for the moment.

"Very Well. I will allow you to come with me then."

❌❌❌

How was the chapter? If you have any advice for me, please comment on it.

please leave a review and comment, if you like Fan-fic.

I posted 15 advanced chapters on Patreon , If you want to support me, check it out. You only need 3$ to become my Patreon.

patreon.com/Clockwork439

25