Chapter 44: Upcoming War
1.1k 2 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After leaving the mausoleum, Arthur was greeted by a beautiful sight. The surface area of the Great Tomb of Nazarick was two hundred meters square, protected by six-meter-thick walls, with an entrance and an exit at the front and back.

The Tomb's grass was trimmed short and felt refreshing. On the other hand, the Tomb's trees had leafy branches that shrouded much of the grounds in shade, and the extensive shadows gave the place a gloomy air. There were also alabaster tombstones scattered about.

The juxtaposition of the neat grass and the messy tombstones was quite incongruous. In addition, there were exquisite carvings of angels and goddesses all over the place, each of which was easily a work of art, but the chaotic tomb design was frustrating, to say the least.

Apart from the large central mausoleum, there were four smaller mausoleums in the north, south, east, and west, each defended by statues of armoured warriors, each six meters tall.

The central mausoleum was the gateway to the Great Tomb of Nazarick, and it was from this place that Arthur emerged into the outside world.

Arthur stood at the top of the stairs and quietly surveyed the landscape before him.

The Great Tomb of Nazarick had originally been located in the icy world of Helheim, which was perpetually shrouded in darkness. The atmosphere was grim and dark, and the sky was constantly overcast. Yet, what he saw now was the beautiful scenery of moonlight touching the wall of the tomb giving it a mysterious glow.

Arthur looked to the heavens and marvelled at the night sky. He had never seen such a clear night sky in 32 years of life.

Without waiting he released his jet-black wings from his back—Freed from the shackles of gravity, Arthur floated lightly into the sky. He rose upward in a straight line, gaining speed as he did.

Shalltear also followed behind him but due to Arthur being busy enjoying the beauty of mother nature, he paid her no heed and ascended steadily. Before he knew it, he was several hundred meters in the air.

Only then did Arthur's body slow down. And took a deep breath inhaling fresh air which was freed from all pollution. Then he looked down at this world, he could not say anything.

The blue-white light of the moon and stars chased away the darkness of the wasteland which he was in. The countless stars and the moon gave off their own radiance as well, shining brilliantly against the light coming from the Earth.

Arthur silently looked at the brightly glowing moon—which looks like a pure white pearl—for some moments. Even the beauty of the artificial sky on the Eighth Floor couldn't compare to what was present in front of him.

'So, Friday, You said you have something to tell me about future development.' Arthur asked without breaking his eye contact from the lunar.

[Yes, Sir. It is about how you should move forward with your plans and about how you can arrive at DXD world.]

[As you might have previously noticed, it is not the same world as 'Overlord', Which you have prior knowledge about. In fact, You can say that timeline and era are similar but some aspects are extremely different from the knowledge you possess.]

'Are you saying something similar to AU, Friday?'

[Yes, Sir. An Alternate Universe is an appropriate word to use here.]

'So, Do you mean there won't be EvilEye or Renner in this world.' Arthur asked nervously as he didn't want both of them to vanish because of the AU.

[No, Sir. Your worries are unwanted. And from your {Future Sight} they both are going to be your lover. So you don't want to worry.] Friday reassured him.

'That is what I want to hear, So what are the changes you mentioned.'

[It's better to see it yourself.] Friday said as she activated {Future Sight} ability for him to see the future for himself.

🔹🔹🔹

After watching Arthur asked:

'They are players, right?'

[Yes, Sir.]

'So, What should I do with them?' But that question doesn't hold any meaning as he has already seen what he was going to do with them in the future.

But Friday was still obligated to explain.

[You have to slay them, Sir. The player you saw was 'Six Great Gods' and 'Eight Greed King' and you have to kill them all and plant {Heart of YGGDRASILL} in the dimensional gap for you to go to DXD world, Sir.]

'So, a war it is?' Arthur asked.

[Yes, Sir.]

'According to your estimation, how many will die in this battle?'

[Billions, But this count can increase because of unseen circumstances.]

'Billions, huh? Do you think I will wage a war against the players and kill Billion innocent people?'

[I think you will, Sir.]

'Why do you think that way?'

[Because you are a selfish and hypocritical person. And will do anything to achieve your end goal.]

Hearing her Arthur was silent for a moment before he replied:

*Sigh* 'Yes, You are right. I am selfish and hypocritical but that doesn't mean I will sacrifice any of the NPC or The Great Tomb to achieve what I need. So you don't need to make it sound like I am a monster who doesn't care about others.'

[I know that. I know you will never willingly sacrifice any of the NPCs or the Great Tomb. And Sir, did you forget already—you are a monster now.] Hearing Friday, Arthur let out a small laugh.

'Yes, You are right, Friday. I am a monster now.'

"You seem happy, Ancient-sama," Shalltear asked after hearing Arthur's laugh.

"You think so, maybe it's because of a beauty like you are next to me on this fine night." A smile creeped out on Shalltear's face which she quickly controlled.

"Surely you jest, My Lord," Shalltear said in her usual tone, But her legs are rubbing each other showing that she became aroused after hearing his words.

"You surely are moving your legs too much. And I am also smelling something very nice between your legs." Even Arthur felt cringe at the way he was talking.

'Oi, Friday, Care to explain what is happening here? And why I am feeling an increase in mass in my lower body.'

[That is because you are about to unleash your Lust. And your body is releasing pheromones to attract any female that is around you for them to become your mating partner/Lover.}

'You don't say.' Getting confirmation from Friday, Arthur stopped resisting the urge as a wave of Pheromones spread across the surroundings.

And suddenly Shalltear like a loose cannon hugged him tightly. Because they were in the middle of the flight, Arthur lost his balance for a moment before he stabilised it.

Normally as a Undead, Shalltear is immune to any type of mental manipulation technique but what Arthur released was something similar to a high dose of aphrodisiac. Because Shalltear is desired to have a sexual relationship with Arthur she didn't resist the aphrodisiac.

Looking at Shalltear, who was panting and breathing heavily, Arthur knew it was not time for dialogues but it was time for some action.

❌❌❌

I wish you all a merry Christmas and happy New year.

How was the chapter? If you have any advice for me, please comment on it.

please leave a review and comment, if you like Fan-fic.

I posted 15 and more advanced chapters on Patreon , If you want to support me, check it out. You only need 3$ to become my Patreon.

patreon.com/Clockwork439

30