My First Town in a New World!
1.6k 10 45
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Danielle experimented more with her new light magic while she traveled towards the town. Her body was surrounded in a bright white light that would make anyone watching her want to turn away or face being blinded by the amount of magical power used to create the spell. Her appearance changed. Instead of the short pink Majin, she was now back to her old appearance from her old world.

“While I don’t hate how I looked before, looking like my cool new awesome self will cause a load of trouble I don’t want to make yet. Once I find out a little more about this world, I’ll be free to do whatever I want. It would be terrible if there was some type of weird ass magic in this world that could contain a Majin and I was caught being ignorant.” Danielle talked aloud to herself.

She was getting closer and closer to town and the biome changed from desert to forest!

“What strange magical laws allow a desert to border a forest… I hope some old lonely wizard knows, so I can absorb all his knowledge in the future.”

She soon reached the entrance of the town and saw some more humans.

“Time to make my mark on this tiny little town before moving on to the big city with the king and nobles and princesses and princes and powerhouses of this world! First things first! Becoming an adventurer.” She exclaimed.

Danielle looked down at her ordinary appearance and after checking everything with the light spell, she walked into the town with an excited grin on her face. She took in the fresh clean air and nearly started gagging at the smoke engulfing her lungs. Some hardy and hairy men who were standing outside a bar, laughed at her. She rearranged herself and headed over to the men.

“Excuse me. Do you know where I can find the place to become an adventurer?” She asked politely.

The men broke out laughing again and Danielle’s patience was already lowering by the second.

“What does a little girl like you need to become an adventurer for?”

“Yeah, you should be at home planting flowers and helping your mother cook.”

“Or you could come home with me and I’ll tell you where it is after a night of fun.”

They continued to tease and joke around until Danielle had enough. She walked up to the first man and uppercutted him in the jaw. He was knocked back into the bar behind the men and lost consciousness. Danielle saw the two leave behind their friend and run away.

“Tch. Cowards. Running away at the first sign of danger.. I better leave before someone tries to investigate this.” Danielle dashed away and changed her appearance again.

After laying low for a couple of hours and trying to gain any information about this world or something related to it, she spotted a four-man group of people entering a building and leaving. She guessed that the building that had a sword and shield emblem above it was the building to become an adventurer. She jumped out from the alleyway and landed in front of the building and walked inside. The inside of the building was pretty cozy. It had a warm air flowing about and nice ambiance. There were many different types of people inside and Danielle got excited at their interesting looks.

There was a dwarf-like man carrying a shield on his back. A long pointy-eared lady with a sword on her back. There was even a centaur carrying a bow and arrow inside the building! Danielle’s eyes were shining like a star as she absentmindedly walked up to the counter. Behind the counter, was a female dwarf or a halfling with a serious look on her face. Danielle smiled excitedly in her normal unassuming teenaged girl appearance.

“I would like to become an adventurer please.” Danielle stated.

“That’s 5 silver.” The receptionist said dryly.

“Uh…. What if I happened to not have any money on me?” Danielle said embarrassed.

The receptionist sighed.

“Another witless child trying to get a life of treasure, fame, and power… Please leave before I call the guards.”

“Wait! I’m not a troublemaker! I just want to become an adventurer and have a lot of fun!”

Two heavily armored men arrived at the counter and surrounded Danielle.

“Come back when you have 5 silver kid.” The guards tried to escort Danielle out the building.

“Wait! Stop pushing me! Hey where are you touching bastard!?” Danielle slugged one of the armored guards in the face and knocked him away.

The second guard took out his sword and slashed downward at Danielle.

“I only punched the guy! You don’t need to try and kill me over it!” Danielle shouted at the unreasonable guard.

She dodged the sword attack and headbutted the armored guard away. She could tell her attack did some damage due to the guard holding his head after sliding back.

“I don’t want to be apart of your dirty money-grubbing adventurer club anyway! This discrimination on poor people is disgusting and should be outlawed!” Danielle yelled righteously before attempting to dash out of the building.

“HALT!!!” A powerful voice filled with magic shouted.

Danielle was thinking about continuing to run away, but thought about what if this person was her golden ticket to the bigger stage? She softly giggled after realizing she hasn’t even entered the first stage.

A young good looking, fancy-dressed boy came down from the stairs along with a young busty noble and an old wizardy dressed man.

“Uh. Listen I’m fine with not being an adventurer anymore. I’ll be on my way now.” Danielle said while slowing walking towards the door.

The old man waved his hand and a wall of fire appeared, blocking the entrance.

“Tch. This place has really fallen so far.. Even a Demon could sneak into without any trouble.” The old man said,

throwing the building into chaos and shock. The uniformed boy and girl were also shocked.

“It must be a highly skilled demon to be able to trick our eyes..” The handsome boy stated.

“No. It’s a very young demon. Probably hasn’t been alive for more than 20 years.”

Danielle thought about her options here. She couldn’t sense energy or mana but she knew for a fact that the old man on top of those stairs was a strong mage. She wasn’t worried for her life but for her adventurous soul! She would be forever on the run from strong and powerful adventurers looking to fight and end her. And possible loot her body like some type of enemy from a game! Well.... Now that she thought more about it she was kind of getting excited at the thrilling and dangerous hypothetical cat and mouse game going on in her head.

Her light magic wore off and she returned to her pink Majin form, drooling while lost in thought. The young lady atop the stairs looked at her in amusement and this knocked some sense into her. She wiped her lips and put her hands on her hip in a sort of superhero pose, but not before covering her chest with a rag from a nearby table.

“Talk humans! All I wanted to do was play around as an adventurer for a while but you scummy humans couldn’t even let me have that. If you refuse to let me part here expect this entire establishment to turn into dust.” Danielle acted.

“Quiet you mutant. I have no idea how you could possibly use light magic but as one of the kingdom’s elite mages, I will purge you myself.” He said haughtily.

“A being such as myself is anything but such a crude word! I am----” Danielle cut herself off before blushing bright red.

“This is really embarrassing man.. Aren’t you ashamed talking this way? I was playing along with you until the cringe got too much for me.” Danielle returned to her normal manner of talking and posture.

She noticed to look of embarrassment on the elderly mage and guessed this is the part where he blows up and loses his top.

“You!! You!! Filthy Demon! Die!” He pointed his staff at Danielle and fired a stream of fire at her.

Danielle let herself get blasted out of the building and into the open street.

“Hmph. She was nothing much.” She heard the old jerkwad say.

She burst from the rubble without any signs of damage on her and felt the fire magic fueling through her body. She grinned excitedly and a ball of orange fire formed in her hand. She created more and more as her excitement got the best of her and eventually started to juggle multiple fire balls.

“Fire magic!!! So cool!! I think I got all the ingredients to make ki techniques!” She exclaimed to herself.

The old guy and the two student looking kids came outside to look at Danielle’s fallen body. She grinned at their surprised faces while she swallowed the fireballs she made.

“Since you like fire so much. Take some back! Fire Cannon!” Danielle yelled before opening her mouth wide and expelled a wave of fire towards the old man.

She saw the old man’s shocked look as he hurriedly tried to cast a magic spell in defense. Danielle felt her Majin instincts coming out in the middle of this fight. She wanted to play with him some more. Humiliate him, embarrass him till he explodes out of anger or faints, she didn’t care which. The two teenagers next to the old man saved him with their own magic. The girl used ice and the boy used blue fire.

“Grandfather. Let us test our strength against this demon. She seems like a good chance for us to test our abilities before we enter the greatest magical academy in the kingdom.”

“I agree with my dear brother. You can just step in if anything happens right Grandfather?” The busty red-haired girl said.

‘I want to go to the greatest magical academy in the kingdom… I could have a lot of fun there. But not if everyone keeps assuming me to be a demon!’

“Hey! Why do you guys think I’m a demon?! Is it because I’m pink? Are you guys being racist!?”

The arrogant looking young master merely scoffed at her. This pissed Danielle off. She fired an explosive fire ball under her feet and blasted off towards the family trio. As she was heading straight towards them, they activated their own magic in preparation for her, but didn’t count on her firing another fire ball below her and launching her into the sky. With the sun right behind her, blocking the vision of the trio while she tried fusing light magic and fire magic. She held a magic ball of light and a magic ball of fire and tried forcing them to merge with her hands.

“Come on!! This is the perfect time for an awesome showy move! Merge you stupid magic!” Danielle shouted.

The two magic balls refused to listen to her and instead exploded. Knocking her face first into the ground below, right in front of the trio.

“I think this demon is a special case brother… She tried to fuse two different elements without even mastering one of them first.”

“Maybe we were wrong about her being a demon…” The boy said as he took a closer look at Danielle’s pathetic figure.

Danielle groaned as she raised her head and looked into the eyes of the rich playboy. She blew a kiss at him and attempted to punch him in the face. However, he seemed to have saw it coming and smiled at her. He caught her fist with his arm covered in blue flames and seemed to have expected a reaction out of her.

‘Oh shit is this fire suppose to hurt? I better play it up.’

“AGHHHHH!!!! IT BURNS!!!!! STOP!!!!” She screamed.

She saw the look on the old man and the noble daughter and realized maybe this fire doesn’t burn?

“It’s not a demon at all Grandfather.. Just a little idiot. She even thinks my purifying flames could burn an innocent soul.” The playboy insulted her.

Steam blew from her body and she blasted the noble jerk away with light magic.

“I was playing along with you losers and you insult me and make fun of me?! Tell me why I shouldn’t erase you three right now.” Danielle threatened.

The grandfather face palmed and the Ojou-sama decided to explain to her.

“If you don’t “erase” us, we’ll let you tag along with us to Blue Blood Academy.” She said with a suspicious smile.

“Why?” Danielle questioned.

“You’re interesting! I’ve never seen a member of your race before and I’m sure my Grandfather hasn’t either. And he’s lived for a very long time. He even fought against real demons in his youth.” She explained.

‘While I’m sure these aristocrats have some sick twisted plan in mind for me, I’m sure they can’t really harm me. And I wanted to go to this magic fantasy academy in the first place, so why not. I really wanted to absorb that old man though.. Maybe I’ll do it later.. I could also become an adventurer in the big city. Hopefully I’ll find some money at that time.’

“Sure. I’ll tag along with you. But you three better vouch for the fact that I’m not a demon! If I encounter anything troublesome expect our peace treaty done!”

“No problem. What should we call you?” She asked Danielle.

Danielle has reached a frightening realization. She hasn’t set herself a new name for this world! She was thinking it would be easy to call herself Girl Buu, Lady Buu, or something Buu but this is important.. She’ll have to think on this some more before making such an important decision. She’s going to absorb this entire planet eventually once she gets bored but still. Her name needs to have an impact that her appearance compliments! Danielle Grimes surely isn’t the one.

“My people can not give their names so easily. Just call me Pinky for now.” Danielle decided.

“Well I’m Rose. My brother is Cedar and my Grandfather is the Great Magus Fiorello.” She motioned elegantly.

Danielle smiled.

“Let’s get a move on then!”

After the old man paid for the damages to the adventurer building, Danielle was taken inside a magical carriage with the trio. It seemed to be powered by magic and levitated through the air. Danielle had her hands on the windows like a child and took in all the sights from above the ground and decided to ask questions that were on her mind.

“Why can’t I mix my magic?”

“You truly are an enigma. Despite the fact that you can use both light magic and fire magic, you have no idea about the basic principles of magic.” The old man said to her.

“I’m amazing yes, I know, but answer my question.”

The old man sighed and refocused his attention on driving.

“Pinky. The reason why you can’t fuse different elements together is because you must gain a mastery in both elements.”

“What does that mean?”

“To achieve mastery in an element may take a lifetime, a blessing from one of the gods, or simply being born with the talent.”

“So just train my magical control and I’ll get stronger?” Danielle simplified in the most normal way she could.

“It’s a lot harder than you think Pinky. There is a saying my grandfather told me about mages. Every great mage has only reached the top with bloodline or talent. If you don’t have one of these, your prospects for the future as a mage is limited.”

Danielle thought about what she said for a moment. She always hated storylines where bloodline and talent were the most important when it seemed that anyone that was smart enough could train their abilities to the top. Hardwork, dedication, and brains should be the standard ways of gaining more power. While talent and bloodline should just be additional things, not the main ones. She felt the three different magic elements she could control and felt like it would be pretty easy to train these. For her fire just make it hotter or condense it into the size of a pea and controlling the temperature of it to hot, really hot, burning me hot, and even freezing cold flames. For light, she would have to get creative. There are plenty of different ways of using light and she’ll just have to experiment with it or just go the dbz route and just add a crap load of power into her magic and watch it do blast people into nothingness.

“I see..” She simply replied while thinking more about how she wanted to turn this world on it’s head by overturning some of the simple things.

What if she had a follower or two that had the worst talent in the world and made them some of the strongest mages every?! Well not stronger than her of course because she’s Majin Buu basically. She could probably defeat every mortal being on this planet right now, but she guessed she needed to absorb some type of godly being or item to stand a chance against the gods.

They can visit other “realms” apparently and kidnap members of that realm for their own whims. Now that she thought about it.. would she encounter other members from Earth in the form of Champions? What wishes did they make and will they come to this academy as well? Danielle quickly had to stop her train of thought because of the excitement building up inside of her at the awesome and thrilling adventures she will have in this world. Even if they had some sort of broken system, godly cultivation techniques, or unlimited mana, with her hax abilities, all of these mean nothing! Majin Buu is the creature that existed only for absolute destruction and she will gladly take on that role while also having as much fun as she wants along the way!

She stood up on the magical carriage and got on top of the hood.

“Now! Onward to my new life as *******” She shouted for all the creatures below and in the sky to hear.

45