A Stroll Around Hazamund
1.1k 1 36
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Where should we go to have fun first Tuff? I was thinking maybe we should go sign up as adventurers. Just in case I somehow get expelled from the Academy, it gives me something to fall back on. But then again with my cheaty abilities, not getting to the top in some way would truly be wasting such a precious gift. Heck, I bet I could even get a top position in the demon army if I wanted!” Majin said to herself aloud in the middle of the somehow populated but not crowded streets.

She walked and walked all around the city to get a feel for its streets and even some of its people.

“Hi there ma’am, could you spare some change?” A homeless looking child asked her while cupping his hands.

“I got you one better you little tiger.” She handed him a chocolate bar from her pocket.

The child took a sniff and carefully bit at the edges of the strange food from the lady. Majin left laughing after seeing his surprised joyful face and stood outside a shop called Magic Tuner.

‘This owner must not be very creative.’ She thought.

She went in the shop and looked around. The walls were filled with strange items and a description of the items were below them. She did notice one thing though.

“There aren’t any weapons in here.” She said aloud.

“Of course, there aren’t any weapons in here. My master is a pacifist. He doesn’t like weapons.” A voice said from underneath the counter.

Majin slightly jumped at sudden sound of another person’s voice before redirecting her attention to the counter. Majin looked at the big boobed, non-elegant looking elf and then walked up to the counter.

“What does a magic tuner do?” She asked.

“You’re not from around here are you? And what is that?” She asked with a semi-bored look on her face while drawing on the counter with her finger.

“Nope. Just got here a couple minutes of ago. This is my baby Tuff. So, what is a magic tuner? Does it make your magic better or something?”

“A hick huh? Are you here for the opening examinations, hoping you have some kind of untapped magical potential or sword skill?”

“Haha nothing like that. I’m just going there to have some fun and meet some new people. You know just for the experience type of thing.”

“Are you sure you’re applying to the right place? Blue Blood academy is known as the most prestigious educational academy in the Hazamund Kingdom. Also known for its high number of hard-assed, stuck up, and unfairly talented students and teachers.”

“That’s the start of my adventure in this city!” Danielle laughed.

“Your pretty strange for a tourist you know… but anyway a Magic Tuner is a mage or apprentice who has decided to spend their life researching ways of manifest magical abilities into objects.”

“Like making a clock breathe fire?”

“That…. Could be one way… I suppose.” She slowly realized.

“Sounds awesome. What other magical jobs are there? Is there a magical pianist?” Majin joked.

“There actually is. I’m surprised an out-of-town girl like you even know what a piano is. But there are a huge majority of occupations out there similar to a Magic Tuner. If you somehow get into the academy, you will be forced to take up at least 3 occupations and reach 2 stars in them before graduating.” She informed.

“Sounds fun. Are you doing that right now? You seem to know a lot about the school.” Majin figured.

“Yeah, but I don’t go to Blue Blood Academy. I go to the school for poor people in this city. The “peasants” of this city go to Barkwood Academy. It is way more affordable and has a less strict entrance exam.”

“I didn’t even know it existed until right now buttt Ms. Elf girl It was nice meeting you. I’m going to go become an adventurer right now!”

“Didn’t figure you for the rough and tough type. Are you even able to cut down a goblin looking like that?”

“Yep! I’m the strongest girl in this city. I’ll be making the magical news headlines in a couple of weeks without a problem.” Majin laughed.

“Okay pinky. Whatever you say. You seem like a pretty fun bumpkin though. You want to hang out some time? I’m an adventurer too in my free time. I can use a sword pretty well, what about you?” She offered.

“I’m… a… mixed fighter…?” Majin answered in confusion.

She realized that she didn’t solely use magic or only physical means to take out an opponent.

“I guess I’ll find out what you mean next time, but I’ll have to kick you out soon if you aren’t buying anything or my master might get pissed at me for “slacking” on the job. Meet me at the guild tomorrow.” She told Majin.

“That reminds me Elfy! What’s your name? Mine is Majin El, you can call me whichever you want.” Majin asked with a smile.

“My names Hannah. Not very elf-like I know, but my parents kind of grew up here and left the ways of the elf back in their old country. I’ll be seeing you later Majin.” Hannah coolly waved at her as she left.

Majin headed on over to become an adventurer and did so without a problem this time and left without taking on a juicy quests. Mainly because the F rank adventurers were banned from facing against creatures and had to take on gathering, delivering, or errand type quests without any chance of encountering monsters. She decided she’ll deal with that when her new elfy friend is with her. So, Majin is currently walking through the streets without aim. As she walked, she saw an advertisement poster. It was advertising some type of magic-less brawl and the prize money for the top two contenders. Majin was interested but she didn’t really have a use for the prize money. With all this shiny gold she has wrapped around her waist, she didn’t believe it would ever disappear. Surely that old man isn’t stingy enough to have given her enough to pay admission for the exam only. The thought of entering just for the sake of fighting seemed fun to her but not enough to actually do it.

“I wonder if there’s any of type of guilds besides the adventurer one and the occupational ones, like an assassin’s guild. Fight some dudes trying to make money through thievery and killing sounds fun. I don’t think I could kill people just for a rank or money. Maybe if they were really evil I could though. Like a child murderer or slave rapist or something.”

Majin bumped into an anime protagonist looking guy with a C above his head as she explored around the city. But not the average bland looking kind of protagonist, the overly handsome kind that would have harems at his feet. And oh, guess what, three beautiful girls behind him glaring daggers at her. Luckily, she was made of tougher stuff than he was and he was knocked to his butt. He laughed innocently as he held his hand out for her to grab and help him up.

Majin suddenly heard a loud ding inside her head and nearly forced her into a fight or flight mode response. It seems Mr. Anime Protagonist heard it as well because he flinched too. The three harpies cuddled him and surrounded him with worry while still giving her stank eyes.

“Danielle Grimes. You have met another God’s Champion and will be forced into a trail Destiny Battle. You two will battle in an alternate magical plane separate from this one but no different in appearance. Begin!” A commanding voice said inside their heads.

The world around Majin slowed to a stop. The sounds of the bustling city was halted. The harpies were paused in time and the other guy was looking around just as confused. Majin looked up to see the sun and barely noticed that the guy who definitely wished to look that handsome appeared under her with a sword. She did an arching bridge pose to dodge and with both of her feet kicked him back.

“Whoa man, you tried to kill me in a trial battle! Do you usually try to take of the head of every girl you meet?” Majin angrily asked.

“I can’t lose them! I will gain the greatest harem of all time and become the strongest swordman under the heavens! I won’t let you take that away from me!” He shouted madly at her.

His appearance and personality seemed to distort and become twisted. Majin noticed that Tuff was frozen as well and didn’t accompany her in this mirrored plane.

“With my Rumble-Rumble Fruit activated, this battle is already over.” He told her as blue lightning sparked all over his body.

“One Piece huh? I never got around to finishing that anime. I seen some episodes here and there and generally get the idea of the world but never got into it.” Majin chatted.

“Die!” He shouted while turning into a lightning bolt and then reforming directly in front of her, slicing towards her neck.

Majin was surprised at his speed and her neck was slightly chipped because of it. It was healed in seconds but still made her wary.

“I guess you aren’t just any old loser. Lightning powers can take over the world if the user is smart enough. But then again, I don’t think you can take the cake of strongest under the heavens.” Majin said while holding her hand out and forming a weapon made of light magic.

Majin formed a large hammer that she wielded with two hands and stood across from the sword-user. He scoffed at her and teleported again. Majin swayed her head to the side and swung at his torso, completely phasing through it and leaving him unharmed. She dropped her hammer and let it diffuse into light magic particles.

“I’m so stupid! I almost forgot that devil fruit powers that take on an element like that can only be beaten with water or that special rock material.” She yelled at herself.

“Heh. That’s right. Now give up and become another stepping stone for my pathway to the heavens!”

He sliced at her multiple times with lightning speed and forced her to stay on the defensive until she could think of a plan.

“Aha! I got it!” Majin exclaimed as her right arm was cut off at the shoulder.

She quickly regrew another arm and white snow began to come off her figure. She laughed cheekily and grabbed the metal shield on her back.

“Do you really think that shield made in this world is powerful enough to stop the power of natural lightning?” He asked mockingly.

“Won’t hurt to try, ya weeb!” Majin insulted.

This seemed to trigger some bad memories for the guy because he got really pissed at her after she said that. His sword turned into a blue lightning bolt and his strength and speed were boosted. Danielle clashed against his sword with her shield, infused with her ice magic, and started to overpower him. She watched as his face turned from pure confidence, to pure shock, and to pure rage. The veins in his muscles and face seemed to be stretched to their limits as he tried to combat against her Majin strength.

“You know, your sword skills aren’t even impressive. You’re just waving around a sharp stick really fast. There’s no flow or style to it at all.” Majin noted after watching his “swordplay.”

This made him even madder than before, he seemed as if he was trying to do some sort of lightning move but Majin bashed him in the face with her shield and after he slid across the ground stomped on his stomach with her feet incased in ice. Her feet passed right through his lightning body and he tried to stab her with his sword. She used her ice magic and with a bright light unleashed a snowy hell upon them and their surroundings. The previous city block became a place of paradise for the white droplets. The paused harpies became actual snowmen, her opponent turned into blocks of ice for each lightning piece he separated into, Tuff became a snowball, and the buildings, shops, people, all turned into props of a winter wonderland. Even Majin herself was frozen into a block of ice.

Crack.

Crack…!

Crack!!!

*SHATTER*

Majin burst from her icy prison and jumped into the air.

“Yahoo! Magic is awesome!!!” She cheered.

She landed back on the ground and looked at the aftermath of her attack.

“Hehe. Looking good.” She put out a thumbs up and that voice from before came back.

“Congratulations Danielle Grimes. You have won one of the multiple different types of mock Destiny Battles and can choose a special prize for your victory. Choose one of these three items and be prepared for the very near future.” The voice said without any emotion but still gave off a heavy feeling to Majin.

[ Book of Dead ]

[ Life Orb ]

[ Random ]

Majin immediately checked off the life orb option because she’s Majin Buu and won’t really run out of “life” or “health”.

‘The book of the dead sounds interesting though. It could also just be a book filled with pictures of the dead… But I don’t think the gods are those types of gods… Gosh I hope not..’ Majin firmly made up her mind and chose with her mind the Random option.

[Congratulations! You have chosen Random and have been given the knowledge of two techniques.]

Majin was silent for a few moments before her body started shaking uncontrollably.

“HAHA! IS THIS WORLD TRYING TO MAKE ME EVEN MORE BROKEN!? Kaio-ken and Janemba’s portal creation ability!!!” She screamed like a fangirl and would’ve fainted until she noticed the world starting moving again and Tuff was hovering over her with a confused look on it’s face.

She stayed on the ground for a few more seconds to calm herself and many passerbys looked at her in confusion and interest. As she was doing this, two armored soldiers appeared above her wielding metal spears at her.

“What did I do wrong? I’m just laying on the ground!” She asked.

“No loitering on the city streets. Buzz off or get locked up.”

“Tch. Can’t a girl get her nerves in control before being forced to do something really annoying?” Majin complained as she got up and stretched.

‘Where did that guy’s body go? Wasn’t it just a trial battle of destiny?’ She wondered as she got scooted away from her victory spot.

The sun was going down and Majin decided to rent a room at the local inn to sleep tonight. She chose the best room and asked for her food to be brought up to her. Majin was really glad she had the ability to turn things into sweets because the amount of diversity in food in this world was completely terrible. She turned her boring meal into a plate of godly sweets and after that took a bath. This world wasn’t completely medieval though. They had plumbing for both toilets and baths. Although, she noticed she hasn’t needed to use the bathroom since she arrived to this world and was secretly glad about that. Once her long bath was done, she got into bed and immediately fell asleep.

36