Tarok’s Angelic Knight!! The Return!
337 1 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

  In the messy, destroyed, bloody, monster-filled corpse graveyard, a humanoid figure engulfed in a blinding white light appeared in the midst of the ravaged battlefield. Majin and the rest of the champions watched as the figure gained its bearings and with a single swing of her sword, unleashed a huge sword wave in a circular radius. The previously war-torn landscape was instantly turned into nothing more than dirt. Brown dirt as far as the monster corpses went. The woman wore a white full-body armor with an elegant and regal sword that screamed righteousness and swears to cut down any evil doers.

  Her shiny blonde hair that flashed from the back of her helmet. She turned her helmet towards the stronghold and pointed her sword in their direction.

"I was thinking they would summon a demon lord or a super S-rank monster for me to face but this is all they sent for me? Some knight?" Majin said displeased before hopping over the stronghold and slowly walking towards the mysterious knight.

*FLASH*

  The knight disappeared and Majin's neck was nearly severed completely off as the woman reappeared behind her with her sword sizzling and soon melting, but it didn't affect the knight too badly. She just threw away the sword and materialized another similar-looking one. Majin's child-like face hardened in annoyance as her neck began latching itself onto her leaning barely attached head. It pulled itself together and Majin and the female knight stood back to back.

"You're no simple knight are you?" Majin questioned.

"I am nothing more than a simple knight. Now it's time to vanquish you Fiend." She responded.

  The knight disappeared once more but this time Majin wasn't underestimating her as much. She vanished as well and suddenly explosions and loud booms and bangs erupted across the area. None of the champions were able to keep up with their eyes as they watched the two clash against one another.

"Haha! Take this!" Majin shouted as she broke off the clash and cuffed her hands before charging up a stolen move. A bright purple orb appeared in her cuffed palms.

"Galick Gun!" And with her arms pushed out forward, fired a purple wave of magic that the knight couldn't possibly avoid in time.

  But it seems she never intended on backing away in the first place. The mysterious knight lady braced herself forward with her sword parallel to her thigh and with a fierce upward slash, released a sword wave that split Majin's attack in half and headed straight for her. Majin added more magic into her attack but it seem like no matter how much more powerful she made her Galick Gun, the damned knight's sword wave was able to split it.

"Screw it!" Majin shouted angrily as she abandoned the skill and decided to rely on her overwhelming brute strength.

  She rushed in close to the female knight and was shoulder bashed back in response.

  Slightly stunned, Majin could only watch as the swordswoman grabbed her sword by the blade and knocked Majin into the sky with her hilt, as if she was a baseball player hitting a homerun for her team.

  Steam began erupting from Majin's pores as her anger rose more and more.

"It kind of looks like she's losing…" Liya said slightly worried while holding onto Ren.

"She needs our help!" Elise shouted while also holding onto Ren.

"Don't bother. You weaklings will only get in her way." Ken said.

"Agreed. We could barely follow their movements earlier. We'd just die instantly." Buddy supported.

"Yeah… I think we should stay out of this…." Zidane said.

  But they all knew if anyone had a chance of saving Majin it would be Ren. They all looked at him while he stared at Majin who was currently being beaten in the sky by the mysterious female knight.

'Having the She-Devil die would do me much good but, I doubt I would be able to last long with these guys and my meagre mana reserves against that demon. If she didn't clear these waves so impossibly fast, we could've just waited 3 days till the Destiny Battle was over. The announcer god told us we only needed to defend the…. Fuck!'

  An angry expression appeared on Ren's face briefly before he quickly replaced it with his usual meek and unassuming appearance. But Buddy managed to catch this and began to ponder.

'Fuck! Shit! Fuck Fuck Damn! God Damn it! If that damned woman dies then we all die! How could I forget!?'

"I'll go help her.. I think it would be for the best if I was the only one who went though…" Ren said to the others.

'None of you are useful enough to even be used as bait…' Ren thought before watching Majin crashing into the ground and creating a large crater in the ground.

  A large explosion of mana and a high-pitched voice shouting came from the hole before a green figure blasted from it towards the female knight.

"Have you learned nothing demon? Anger and brute force won't get you anywhere but an early grave."

"I'll give you to an early grave! You annoying mini-boss!" Majin yelled as she punched towards the mysteriously strong lady.

  The knight blocked with her sword and accidentally let loose a small gasp. Majin managed to push her back and was slowly pushing her back. She let out a smirk.

"Angry and brute force won't get me where now?" She asked smugly.

"Tch! Tarok give me strength to vanquish our enemy!" She shouted to the skies.

  A white laser beam fired from the clouds and Majin quickly hopped away. She saw the white light swallow the mysterious knight whole before feeling fierce whipping waves blasting from the impact zone.

"This is the end for you small monster. I'll make it quick and painless. I swear it to my name as Forsythia Grace." Grace said while holding the blade by her heart in her newly transformed state.

  Her previous full body armor has increased in size along with her blade that could probably slash the stronghold in half with one swipe. Her helmet was removed and her angelic beauty was free to be admired by all. Her glowing blonde hair was flowing in the wind gracefully as she got into a stance.

"Powering up won't work against me princess! I'm still angry about you looking down on me like I'm a level one mob! Come on!" Majin yelled while motioning Grace to come with her finger.

  The two disappeared again and the surrounding plains started to look like they were being sieged by bombs from the sky. By the time the two reappeared, the landscape looked as if it would never heal.

  Majin's clothes were slightly torn and cut while Grace's armor was dented, scratched, and her face was a bit bruised.

"How are you constantly getting stronger as we fight!? It makes no sense!" Grace shouted quite ungracefully.

"Cause you're pissing me off! I know I asked for this but I meant for someone whose less of jerk! I wanted to have fun not get my arms, antenna, and tail cut off every few seconds!" Majin yelled back.

"Just die already you damn monster!" Grace shouted as a bright blinding white light engulfed her blade. She raised it over her head and began to slowly bring it down towards Majin.

"YOU FIRST PRINCESS SLAVE!" Majin replied back in kind as she focused as much mana into her fists and activated Kaio-ken with a multiplier of x500.

  With the fiercest fist thrown by a mortal in a Destiny Battle known to god and man facing up against the holiest blade filled with a god's power. The two slowly headed towards each other, both intent on annihilating each other until nothing remains. The two shouted as their final attacks touched and a mountain-shattering boom erupted from the initial clash. The stronghold where the champions stood began shaking from their clash. Majin and Grace were about as equally as strong, with one gaining more of a lead over the other.

"How!? HOW COULD A FILTHY MONSTER LIKE YOU POSSIBLY CONTEND AGAINST A GOD'S POWER!? IMPOSSIBLE!" Grace shrieked in rage and disbelief.

"HAHAHAHA LOOKS LIKE THE GODS AREN'T SUCH A BIG DEAL IF THIS IS ALL THEY HAVE TO OFFER!" Majin boasted as she began gaining ground and overpowering Grace's blade.

"AGHHHHHHHHHH!"

  Majin heard Grace scream as her fist shattered the godly blade and was coming right towards her. Grace cried for Tarok to save her but even he couldn't manage to save her in time. He tried with another white light from the heavens but Majin's fist obliterated Grace before it could reach the devoted follower. Majin chuckled as her body started shaking.

'The recoil from Kaio-ken… I wonder how long its going to last this time around.' Majin wondered.

[Congratulations. Your team has successfully defended your leader! You have all passed the first Destiny Battle and will be awarded a week of rest time back at Teritorous before the second Destiny Battle. Teleportation in 10… 9… 8…]

'So the She-Devil is able to get stronger and stronger the longer the fight lasts… I have to remember that.. And that crazy exponential boost in power from that skill that turns her all red.' Ren sighed.

He has a long journey ahead of himself if he ever wants to be free of Her. Defeating her in combat isn't feasible. His original plan of skipping to a different timeline after amassing enough mana needed for such a spell sounds best.

*ELSEWHERE*

"I MUST ELIMINATE THAT MORTAL! HER POWER IS TOO DANGEROUS AND IS EVEN CAPABLE OF RESISTING AGAINST A GOD'S STRENGTH! NOT EVEN MILES OR JENNA IS CAPABLE OF DEFENDING OR DEFEATING AGAINST A GOD'S POWER!" Tarok shouted in his dimension.

"I must tell Miles to gain as much strength as he possibly can including any allies… That time-wielding mortal boy might prove a problem if he continues to gain strength like that.. Who knows how powerful that elf mortal could become as well.." Tarok decided before sending a godly message to his Champion, Miles.

*BACK IN TERITOROUS*

  Majin's squad all returned to the hotel the gods made for the Champions and realized that they were the first ones to return back.

"Hehehe… Told you it would be a piece of cake Ren." Majin cheekily said while her entire body was still shaking from the kaio-ken.

"It said we had a week until the next Destiny Battle so what should we do in the meantime?" Zidane asked.

"WE are going to relax and have as much fun as we can until the second one. See you guys around." Majin said her goodbyes while having her arms wrapped around the necks of Ren and Buddy.

  Ren cursed and cried internally while Buddy was confused. He thought they should be training right now in anticipation of the second Destiny Battle but Majin said they were going to play around? He looked at Ren's sweating and uneasy face and suddenly felt a heavy weight in his gut.

  As the three left the other champions behind, Majin got to thinking.

'Hmm. I need to start increasing the size of my group during this week. A recruitment! Ren's time powers will always come in handy and Buddy's precognition is something I need to find the limits about during tonight's dreamscape training. But those 2 aren't enough if I want to completely dominate this world and its gods. With Ren's ability even taking over all of time within this dimension isn't a problem! But. I still need more power. Enough power to rip through dimensions with my own strength and visit other worlds similar to this one and go on even more adventures!'

  Majin made up her plans and goals for the near and far future and got to work on getting them done. Ren and Buddy were forced asleep as soon as they arrived in her room because of her sleep magic and their training begun.

15