Chapter 3
282 3 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Babel. The huge tower that stood as one of the important landmarks of Labyrinth City.

Babel was built directly above the entrance to the Dungeon, as a way of preventing the monsters inside the Dungeon from escaping.

A seal for the creatures of the abyss.

It sounded a bit chunni, but that's how it worked.

With a total of 50 floors, it was the highest building in Orario. The first 20 floors were directly reserved for the most varied types of businesses, with the Hephaestus Family dominating from the 4th to the 8th floors.

Hephaestus, God of Metallurgy and Fire. Even in Gekai, Hephaestus completely dominated when it came to forging. With his family made up almost entirely of talented blacksmiths, the Hephaestus Family is said to be the richest family in Orario and also one of the big three.

It was still a little beyond me to be able to afford the Hephaestus Family's items, but I feel a little anticipation for the moment when I will wield a sword forged by a God.

It's enough to start my own myth, isn't it?

Above the initial twenty floors, there were the Private Rooms, where the most prominent gods of Orario stay.

Imagine my surprise when I learnt that Kami-sama had one of these Private Rooms rented out on the 27th floor.

"I sense that Asahi-kun is thinking something rude of me." Kami-sama, who had been kind enough to explain the whole composition of Babel to me, looked at me with an accusatory face.

She really is a goddess. What a sharp sixth sense.

"I imagined we'd have a difficult start. I didn't expect Kami-sama to live in comfort even without starting a family."

From what Kami-sama says, I'm the first member of her Family. So I didn't imagine that she would be living so well in Orario.

Unexpectedly, Kami-sama manages to surprise me in so many ways.

"Fortune is my name and my deity. Did you really think it would be difficult for me?"

Considering that gods are supposed to have their Arcanum (divine power) sealed...

It's natural to think so.

"Not all gods are dependent on their children. I can very well achieve what I wish on my own." Kami-sama spoke with pride radiating from his crimson eyes. My sixth sense warned me that if I belittled her, it wouldn't take a moment for Kami-sama to strip me of the status of her son.

How interesting~

That's better.

"That's the Kami-sama I chose. I'm proud~"

"You brat. Wasn't it me who chose you?"

"It was definitely my choice."

Kami-sama and I looked at each other for a moment before we started laughing.

"That's good. Keep up that behaviour. As the first member of the Fortune Family, I want nothing less than proud and inspiring behaviour from Asahi-kun."

"It looks like it's going to be difficult for me in the future, since Kami-sama has so many requirements~"

"Don't complain. I can easily see that Asahi-kun is enjoying himself." Kami-sama said as he introduced me to his Private Room.

It wasn't very different from the flats in my old world, making me realise the strange contrast between the medieval world and the modern world that lived together in Gekai.

Perhaps it was due to the influence of the Gods, beings who had accumulated knowledge from hundreds of years in the future?

The Private Room was as big as an average house. There were two medium-sized bedrooms and a 'suite' that belonged to Kami-sama. A well-planned and luxurious living room and kitchen, with golden touches similar to Kami-sama's hair.

"Asahi-kun can choose one of the rooms available. For now, it's enough for us, but when the Fortune Family grows up, we'll build our own house." Kami-sama said, already thinking ahead. "That brings me to an important question, about the recruitment of our Family. Does Asahi-kun want to handle it, or will I recruit them?"

Is the Family's expansion plan already to be put into practice?

Even though I've read 'Danmachi', it was only to understand the system of Magic in this world, so I don't know the plot or the characters. And it seems like too much trouble to test each person at a time.

The Great Sage might be able to help me, but the truth is that I was more interested in focussing on myself.

Magic is just around the corner... there's no way I can delay it.

"Let's take it easy, shall we? If there's anyone Kami-sama's interested in, invite them. I'll do the same and introduce them to Kami-sama."

"So slow growth? I thought Asahi-kun was the type to start with a big entrance, but I guess that was just my impression."

Kami-sama... do I really look like the kind of person who wants attention?

It's nice to show off once in a while, but I'm not desperate for it, you know!

"If that's what you're worried about, Orario will soon hear the name of the Fortune Family, even if we haven't recruited anyone else."

After all, I'm here.

Kami-sama looked at me for a few moments, before opening a beautiful smile: "What a trustworthy child. In that case, I'll leave it to Asahi-kun."

Having finished that, the next step was to receive the Falna from Kami-sama.

I lay down on the bed in the room I'd chosen after taking off my shirt and showed Kami-sama my back.

'Great Sage, will there be any changes to the <Status Screen> after I get a Falna?'

That was the point that had me a little worried. Whatever the change, I would just deal with it. It would just be a lot of work to have to explain about [Voice of the World] or even my reincarnation in this world.

《REPORT! 'Falna' is on a lower level than [Voice of the World]. In this situation, 'Falna' will naturally be integrated without complications》

Wait...

You mean Falna, the blessing of a literal God, was even weaker than this [Voice of the World] that 'He' granted me?

《REPORTE! [Voice of the World] is the divine crystallisation of the 'Will' of a multiversal system. The 'Falna' given by the gods in Gekai, although powerful, is not at its full potential. As seen by the shortcomings of only being able to withstand 3 different spells and the S-999 limit on its attributes》.

Because of the sealed Arcanum, the blessing is weaker. And the Falna was still far from perfect.

I understood that, but I still don't know what to do with that information.

Mah, who cares.

"Can we get started, Asahi-kun? It's my first time, so I can be a bit harsh."

"..." oy, that was intentional, wasn't it?

"Please be gentle with me Kami-sama~"

"Cheeky."

Kami-sama smiled as he used a golden needle to prick his index finger. A drop of his deep red blood appeared and I could perceive an unimaginable power contained there.

Despite everything I wanted to say, I kept quiet and let Kami-sama concentrate on doing her job. She carefully ran her finger along my back, creating different symbols that intertwined with each other.

It wasn't until Kami-sama had finished her work that I could feel the Falna forming in my body.

《The Blessing of the Fortune Goddess has been acquired in the form of 'Falna'》

《'Falna' being integrated into『Level』,『Attributes』and『Skills』》

《Failure!'Falna' is unable to decipher the [Ultimate Skill: Lord of Chaos, Nyarlathotep]》

《[Unique Skill: Great Sage] interferes with the process》

《Sucess! 'Falna' has been stabilised》

Huh, it's been a while since I heard a direct announcement on [Voice of the World]. It seems there were some complications, but everything worked out in the end, thanks to the Great Sage.

I'm really depending on you, Great Sage.

《...》

《REPORT! Requesting permission to analyse and evaluate the 'Falna' received》

Oya, is that also possible?

Impressive, as expected from the Great Sage.

"Permission granted."

《REPORT! Understood. [Analytical Evaluation] being initiated》

《Analysis 01%...》

"It was a little harder than I thought it would be, but we finished, Asahi-kun." Kami-sama spoke, drawing my attention away from the [Thought Acceleration] that usually activates whenever I talk to the Great Sage. "Here's your <Status>."

I turned round and received the sheet from Kami-sama. For some reason, she had this proud look on her face, as if she had discovered something important.

- -
<Status>

Asahi Sugawara

Level 1

Strength: I-10

Endurance: I-10

Dexterity: I-10

Agility: I-10

Magic: I-10

Spells: []

Skills: [Great Sage]

[Great Sage]
*[Thought Acceleration] *[Analytical Evaluation] *[Parallel Processing] *[Chant Cancellation] *[All Creation]
- -

I ran my eyes all over the sheet and saw that it wasn't very different from the information I had on the <Status Screen>. If anything, the Falna was more incomplete.

The most important thing was that my [Ultimate Skill: Lord of Chaos, Nyarlathotep] wasn't registered on the Falna, not even my [Unique Skill: Keeper of the Akashic Tome].

But the Great Sage came out.

Is it because I've been actively using this skill that the Falna can detect the Great Sage, unlike the other Ultimate/Unique Skill that I haven't used yet?

Come to think of it, there was still the fact that Falna wasn't able to 'decipher' my Ultimate Skill... whatever that means.

Still, why does Kami-sama seem so smug?

Ah...

"So my Luck has brought me a golden egg, really? An ability before I even had a Falna. That's impressive, Asahi-kun."

8