Chapter 2
404 6 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

《Analysis 100%》

Labyrinth City, Orario.

Not only is there an underground labyrinth known as the Dungeon, above it was a huge city known as the Orario.

The city that flourished because of the Guild that managed the Dungeon had a variety of people living in it, not only humans, but also other races, who came to Labyrinth City in search of adventure.

Dwarves, Elves, Beastmen, Pallum... all kinds of races you could only dream of were scattered around the streets of Orario as if it were completely natural.

But the really magical thing about this world, apart from the fantasy races and the Dungeon... was the existence of the Gods.

Gods.

Divine beings from different mythologies who descended from Tenkai (the divine world) to Gekai (the lower world) because they were bored with their lives. Despite being gods, creatures fundamentally different from humans, demi-humans and monsters, they lived in Gekai as people similar to us mortals.

Because on the condition of allowing their descent into Gekai, the gods sealed their Arcanum (divine power) and became fundamentally similar to mortals.

Even weaker than certain mortals.

That's because there were the Adventurers. People who were part of the Family of a God and who received a Falna (divine grace), allowing them to level up after gaining excelia (experience) and overcome their mortal shell.

And the person in front of me was definitely one of the gods who had descended to the netherworld.

《REPORT! Would you like to analyze the 'being' in front of you?》

"..."

Aren't you too excited? You've just finished an analysis and poured all the knowledge you've accumulated into me, but now you want to analyze a God?

How daring!

I kind of like it~

'Is it possible?'

《REPORT! The chance of success is 0.000031%》

Mhm... so there is a chance, but it's almost non-existent.

Whatever, never mind. We can try again in the future.

More importantly, I'm more interested in how you managed to get all this information, Great Sage.

The analysis process took less than an hour. No matter how I look at it, it's impossible to analyze an entire world and its history so quickly.

《REPORT! Part of the knowledge already came from the Master! 'Orario' comes from the light novel called "Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka" better known as "Danmachi"》

Light Novel?

Does that mean this world...?

《REPORT! The similarities found are as high as 98.76%》

This means that the chances of the Great Sage being wrong were very low.

This only strengthens the fantasy scenario of this other world even more. Or rather, 'Danmachi'.

The problem is that I'm not very good at remembering the light novels, manga and anime I've seen.

As someone who wants to overcome the danger of the atomic bomb and eventually defeat it, I turned to the only means that would allow me to overcome human limits.

Magic.

Just as no one could prove the existence of Magic, no one could prove that it didn't exist... so I did some research.

In an attempt to awaken Magic, I meditated Buddhist-style, meditated under a waterfall, meditated in silence, fasted, mastered yoga, converted, worshipped the sun and the moon, sought out spirits, prayed and tied myself to a bare cross while seeking enlightenment.

There was no right answer. There was no wrong answer either.

To be a pioneer on my own path, I tried everything that others had tried, and I tried what others hadn't tried.

That's why I also turned to light novels, manga and anime. To get a base. To find out how they acquired Magic and try to replicate the method.

So, apart from the subjects related to my research... I didn't pay much attention to the rest.

That's why I couldn't recognize this world as one of the stories I read.

If it hadn't been for the Great Sage, I wouldn't have been able to recognize it.

And thanks to the Great Sage, I'm now sure of something I once believed.

'Thank you, Great Sage.'

《...》

In 'Danmachi', magic definitely existed.

And if it did exist...

I finally can.

The power needed to overcome an atomic bomb.

...

..

.

"Asahi-kun is a newbie to Orario who has just arrived? Then it must be fate that we meet like this."

If we had such a special moment when I arrived in Orario, it's only natural that I decided to talk to this person.

It has nothing to do with the fact that she is a goddess with outstanding beauty. Absolutely not.

《...》

"Fate? So that's it for Fortuna-san?"

Goddess of Luck, Fate and Fortune, Fortune.

A goddess from Roman mythology.

As someone who has relentlessly pursued Magic, it's only natural that I too have turned to the gods. First the Biblical God, then the Gods of Shinto, the Greek Gods and so on. In the end, none of them answered me.

Unfortunately, I didn't turn to Fortuna-san in my old world. If I had, I could have achieved Magic much earlier.

I have no basis for this. It's just my unfounded assertion... but it's also something I'm confident would happen.

Minoru, did we miss our chance... by bad luck?

I knew that banging our heads against trees would mess up our brains at some point.

"It's definitely my Luck and our Fate that led us to meet, Asahi-kun. I seek to form my Family, and Asahi-kun is someone without a Falna who craves adventure. Together, we can achieve unimaginable Fortune." Fortuna-san was eloquent, but it was his unwavering confidence that impressed me the most. Even with her Arcanum (divine power) sealed, Fortuna-san didn't seem weak at all.

So that's a god.

As expected from the other world.

"What about Asahi-kun... doesn't she believe in Fate?"

Wasn't denying her here the same as mocking her existence and divinity?

I don't know what's going on in Fortuna-san's head, but my answer wouldn't change. Regardless of the situation.

"I follow my own beliefs. That's the only thing that matters."

"Hoh, that's impressive." Fortuna-san had a beautiful smile. I felt that Fortuna-san wanted to read everything about me, but couldn't bring herself to do it.

Is this what it feels like to be under the gaze of a God?

It seems quite similar to the previous experience. Only the previous feeling would have to be multiplied a hundredfold.

So it was a God, huh.

"Child who defies the very flow of fate... do you wish to join my Family?"

A direct invitation.

That confident look from someone who knew he wouldn't fail.

Luck, Fate and Fortune.

How could someone like that go unnoticed in this world and the previous one?

"Great Sage, can I level up and acquire Magic even without a Falna?

I talked to the Great Sage about the effect of [Thought Acceleration].

《REPORT! With the [Voice of the World], the Master is self-sufficient, without the need for a Falna. The art of Magic can be acquired with sufficient knowledge》

So I'm free from the rules of this world.

Falna, Family, Gods. I didn't need to form any links with them.

Luck, Fate and Fortune.

Fortuna-san really deserved the deities she bore. And they seemed to affect her life, even if she was in Gekai and had her Arcanum sealed.

"I'll be counting on you in the future, Fortuna-san. No... Kami-sama."

As the Goddess who chose to take in a stranger because of her own instincts without knowing my irregularities, it was natural to show some respect.

"Welcome to the family, Asahi-kun."

The Fortune Family was initiated that day.

And it wouldn't be long before everyone in Orario became aware of this small but by no means modest Family.

That's what I'd like to believe, at least.

"Now that Asahi-kun has accepted, what should we do?"

"Isn't it obvious? Let's celebrate~"

We were already at the Fertility Host anyway. We should make the most of it.

"Only this time, it's at Kami-sama's expense."

After all, I've only just arrived in the other world. It's impossible for me to have any money prepared.

If I had time for some recreational activities (robbing thieves), I wouldn't have this problem. But since I met Kami-sama and we met directly, I haven't had time for anything like that.

"Asahi-kun is naughty. But this time I'll pay. As Goddess of Fortune, misery is not something my family should worry about."

What trustworthy Kami-sama~

10