Chapter 5
183 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sitting in my room in Babel, I looked at the phone in my hand.

As I thought, it's 'His' stuff.

Even though I searched from the first to the fourth floor of the dungeon, no other goblin dropped a phone. Not even the kobolds.

Once I had confirmed this, I returned to Babel. The upper part of it.

I wanted to continue adventuring in the dungeon, but now that this has appeared, I need to pay attention. Since it was something I promised to do.

Looking through the list of apps on the phone, there was a single app present, named Group Chat.

I looked at it for a moment before shrugging. If that's the kind of thing I was supposed to do, there wasn't much to think about.

I accessed the app and looked at the notifications popping up.

[First access to |Group Chat| detected]

[Please create your profile]

Deleting the previous notifications, the app remained with a blank one similar to the creation of an Avatar in some games I had already researched.

[Name: Fill in here]

[Message: Fill in here]

[Profile Picture: Select-]

...

..

.

- - -
<Information>

Name: Asahi Sugawara

Message: 'An ordinary boy trying to overcome an atomic bomb.'

[Class E]

|Group Chat|

Current members: [Kisuke Urahara]; [Nico Robin]; [Tanjiro Kamado]; [Maki]; [Asahi Sugawara]
- - -

I looked at the profile I had created on the app and accessed it, seeing the chat between the members already present.

[Maki: Finally the last member showed up. You took your time. And what ridiculous message is that?]

[Kisuke Urahara: Welcome~]

[Tanjiro Kamado: Welcome, Asahi-san, I'm Tanjiro Kamado, you can call me Tanjiro].

[Nico Robin: Welcome.]

[Asahi Sugawara: Looks like I was the last to arrive~]

Are these people also like me? People who made a deal to be reincarnated in a world of Magic?

Anyway, I still don't quite understand what's going on.

- -
[|Group Chat| is complete. 5/5 members filled.]

[|Group Chat|]

[Functions]

[Chat]: You can communicate with members from different dimensions.

[Missions]: Quests will be randomly generated at certain periods of time. For each mission, rewards will be given at random.

[Travel]: It is possible to travel between the worlds of Chat members, with the permission of the 'representative' of the chosen world.

[Invitation]: Every period of time, a new member will be randomly invited to Group Chat.
- -

[Kisuke Urahara: Since Asahi-kun joined, it looks like we'll finally have some movement].

[Asahi Sugawara: Am I too late?]

[Nico Robin: No. We started the group yesterday].

Yesterday? Then it must have been the same time I came to this world.

The functions seemed very simple, but they made clear the abnormal capabilities of this 'app'.

[Travel] and [Missions], in particular.

With [Travel], it was possible to go to other member's worlds. Not that I know which worlds those are, but it's fun to think that there are so many options.

[Quests] is part of the deal I made with the being who reincarnated me in this world and gave me my abilities, giving me a chance to learn Magic.

The agreement was that in exchange for being reincarnated with abilities in a world of Magic, I would have to do some tasks that 'he' would assign.

I didn't think there would be a group for this, but it's not unwelcome.

Perhaps I could make them part of the Fortune Family in this world too?

[Asahi Sugawara: Is there magic in your world?]

[Maki: Magic? Here there is cursed energy and innate techniques. Maybe it's similar?]

[Nico Robin: The closest thing to Magic would be Akumas no Mi].

[Tanjiro Kamado: Magic exists in your world, Asahi-san?! Amazing!]

[Kisuke Urahara: Asahi-kun has accepted very well the fact that there are other worlds~]

Cursed Energy. Akumas no Mi.

Mhm... I feel like that rings a bell in my head.

What was it again?

《REPORT! Cursed Energy comes from the manga 'Jujutsu Kaisen' and Akumas no Mi from 'One Piece'》

So other worlds like 'Danmachi'?

For a world that didn't have Magic... it's amazing that the stories from that place were actually about real worlds.

'Great Sage, compile all my knowledge about the light novels, manga and anime I've watched and store it.'

《REPORT! Understood. Starting task.》

Even if I don't remember them, the Great Sage will help me with the information I need this way.

[Asahi Sugawara: Magic exists, but I haven't learned how to use it yet, Tanjiro-san].

[Asahi Sugawara: It's only natural, Kisuke-san. Since I died and was reincarnated in another world].

[Maki: ... isekai? Is there such a thing?]

[Nico Robin: Asahi-san had a difficult experience].

[Tanjiro Kamado: My condolences, Asahi-san!]

[Kisuke Urahara: Reincarnation... what an incredible thing~]

...

..

.

Another day and I went back down the spiral staircase towards the dungeon. I dictated my own pace as I made my way to the first floor, ignoring everyone who passed me.

Just like before, I've been attracting attention. The veteran adventurers talk about me as 'a newbie who doesn't know anything', because I'm exploring the dungeon on my own.

It's normal for adventurers to form groups to explore the dungeon. Most of them explored with other members of their Family... so a loner like me stood out like a sore thumb.

Since |Group Chat| started and I realized that there would be missions to other worlds, I decided that it was important to get as strong as possible during this time, and also to learn Magic, if possible.

With [Voice of the World], my『Attributes』were upgraded even though Kami-sama didn't upgrade my Falna.

The amount wasn't that great, but it's good to feel that I'm getting stronger.

Even though I was originally weaker than I had been before I died as a normal human, one trip to the dungeon changed that.

It was hard to control the euphoria when you realized that years of hard work would be overcome in a few hours with [Voice of the World].

Limitless.

I wonder how hard I'll have to work to pay for it.

"GYUAKK!!"

"GOHYUUUK!!!"

"Is this an attempt at communication?" I greeted the first mobs the dungeon threw at me.

There is speculation that the dungeon is a living entity... if so, Dungeon-san is not someone who learns quickly.

Since this time I wanted to win as many excellences as possible, I didn't waste too much time playing.

As soon as they entered my maai, I slashed their bulky bodies through their weak points, quickly collecting their magic stones.

As the reappearance rate of mobs is low on the upper floors, I continued down while making quick work of the monsters that appeared.

From the 1st to the 4th floors, the monsters that appeared were goblins, kobolds and dungeon lizards.

Goblins on these floors always advanced directly and tried to subdue them with force. A quick footwork was all it took to dodge and counterattack, and it was an easy victory.

Kobolds were small blue creatures with the heads of dogs. Always attacking with attempted bites. If an adventurer could spot their initial charge to attack, there was little to worry about.

Its short height forced me to adjust my lower blows and also use some kicks. This made it clear that the techniques I had mastered were for fighting humans, so I would need to readjust for fighting monsters.

Even weaker but more problematic were the dungeon lizards. These were sneaky creatures that attacked from ambush. Because of them, I had to be a little more careful, as their attempts to jump on my body hindered my movements. But the combination of [Thought Acceleration], [Parallel Processing] and [Universal Sense] made it an easy thing to do.

Which brings me to the current situation. For the first time, I was surrounded.

Apparently, Dungeon-san must be learning from the experiences he accumulates with each adventurer.

A direct blow to my previous statement.

On the 4th floor, I was surrounded by all the monsters the dungeon could send at the moment.

Goblins, kobolds and the treacherous dungeon lizard.

"Great Sage."

《REPORT! Understood!》

Simultaneously activating [Thought Acceleration], [Parallel Processing] and [Universal Sense] with the help of the Great Sage, I memorized all the positions of the monsters and the entire surrounding environment.

The feeling I felt now. It was something I hadn't yet been able to experience.

Even when I fought Minoru. Or when we beat up some random bandits or kidnappers.

It was the feeling that... when I overcame this, I would become stronger.

Control the distance... step forward.

Adjust your angle... lower your center of gravity slightly.

Define your position... keep the sword in a cross-guard.

Distance, angle, positioning. That's all there is to martial arts. A contest for maai.

Can you understand me?

Not my words, but my intention.

Can you understand that?

That if you're caught in my maai...

You will die.

7