Chapter 4
225 3 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dealing with the proud Kami-sama was more difficult than expected. She went on all night about how lucky she was to have found me before all the other gods.

It was hard to contain her excitement.

There were still a few details to be worked out for the Fortune Family, but Kami-sama took responsibility for that.

And in return, I would be a poster boy for his store.

Kami-sama owned a store called「Fortune Fineries」on the 10th floor of Babel. A designer clothing store that catered mainly to gods. This was how Kami-sama accumulated so many valis (currency of this world) in Gekai.

Kami-sama's goal was for his products to also spread among adventurers, who only used to wear simple armor and clothing.

For that, there is me.

I received several pairs of clothes with special embroidery perfectly prepared by Kami-sama. They all had a golden laurel surrounding a cornucopia full of fruit. The symbol that represented Fortune. The same one I had engraved on my back with the Falna.

Wearing the clothes prepared by Kami-sama, I went to the Guild. All the papers about the Fortuna Family had already been prepared, since Kami-sama 'felt' that he would soon find his first member.

So all that remained was for me to sign up as an adventurer before I could explore the Dungeon, acquire excelia and learn Magic.

The Guild was separated from the entrance to the Dungeon, so I had to wander around the Oracle for a while.

Perhaps because of Kami-sama's designer clothes and the prominent symbol embroidered on the back of the shirt I'm wearing, I've been attracting a lot of stares.

《Analysis 100%》

《REPORT! Knowledge about 'Falna' has been acquired》

《REPORT! Knowledge of divine hieroglyphics has been acquired》

《REPORT! It is currently impossible to replicate the 'Falna'》

《REPORT! In order to replicate the 'Falna', it is advisable to reach『Level 10』 or acquire a Divinity》

《[Extra Skill: Divine Language] has been acquired》

The Great Sage who had been silent appeared again at that moment. A wave of information about the Falna passed through my head, and if it weren't for [Thought Acceleration] and [Parallel Processing], I would have been frozen in the middle of the street.

I see... so that's how the Falna worked?

Well, knowing that is useless for now. At least until I reach Level 10 or gain a deity - which I was surprised was possible to acquire.

The amazing thing is that through the Great Sage's [Analytical Assessment], I was able to acquire a new skill.

Extra Skill: [Divine Language]
*The ability to understand and recognize all the hieroglyphs composed in the language of the gods.

It wasn't an attack or magic skill, but it was nice to know that I could acquire skills like this.

If the Great Sage could analyze other skills or Magic, couldn't I learn them instantly?

《REPORT! To acquire『Skills』 through [Analytical Assessment] you must fulfill all the requirements. Success rate of 03.52%》

《REPORT! For Falna-based [Magic] acquisition, the success rate is 11.08%》.

So there is a chance, but it's very low?

Still, it's not so bad either.

Is it a stroke of luck?

An interesting play on words for someone who is part of the Family of a Lucky Goddess.

《REPORT! It is advisable to use [Analytical Evaluation] to acquire information about Skills and Magic based on the Falna and to use [Voice of the World] to create a new set of skills and arts》

Oya? That's not much better?

Then I'll leave it to you, Great Sage.

《REPORT! Creating the task Analysis, Composition and Creation of Skills and Spells. Setting the task as the main activity》

As reliable as ever.

...

..

.

Registering with the Guild was relatively simple, since I had the letter of proof that Kami-sama wrote.

I was registered as a new Level 1 Adventurer who was part of the Fortune Family.

The half-elf who attended to me offered the option of guild advisor, but I didn't take it.

With the Great Sage, there wasn't much I couldn't find out on my own, apart from the things I already knew from 'Danmachi', who was reminded by the Great Sage.

So after finally dealing with all this, I'm returning to Babel. But this time I don't intend to go up the masterful tower, but down.

The Dungeon.

How could I keep putting it off?

My blood boiled just thinking about the thrill of being able to venture into that place.

A place that existed even before the gods descended on Gekai. That kind of place was the dungeon.

Not much is known about the dungeon, nor how many floors there are. Currently, the record for the deepest floor is the 59th floor, belonging to the Zeus Family, which no longer exists.

The Loki Family and the Freya Family are the ones actively working to surpass this record.

The entrance to the dungeon is on the first underground floor of Babel. In the center of the room is a ten-meter-long hole that leads straight into the dungeon. Inside the circular room there are several columns at equal intervals and above is a beautiful blue painting of the sky that resembles the real sky. Along the circle are gentle stairs that spiral down into the dungeon.

From here, the real dungeon would begin.

"Great Sage, is it possible to analyze the dungeon?

《REPORT! The chances of success of analyzing and evaluating the individual 'Dungeon' is 0.000001%》.

I see. Almost non-existent.

The chances being even lower than the success of analyzing a God.

I left the Great Sage with the main task of analyzing skills and magic and started down the spiral staircase. In my hand was a western long sword that I had bought on my way to the dungeon. It had cost a few tens of thousands of valis, nowhere near the full amount Kami-sama had given me.

The shape of the sword was different from the bokken I used to use to train in the old world, but there was no way around it.

Walking along the first floor, the walls turned a light blue color. I noticed other adventurers in groups moving quickly down the corridor, probably adventurers of a higher level than mine in a hurry to get to their destination.

As I walked along, I noticed the first monster coming out of the wall and stopping in front of me.

"GIIKKH!"

A fat, green humanoid monster with big eyes. Probably because of its strong desire, saliva kept escaping from its mouth.

The shortest mob monster of all, Goblin.

We stared at each other for a moment before the goblin decided it was a good idea to attack me. He advanced towards me head-on, trying to catch up.

The distance between us wasn't great, but I waited for a moment. As soon as the goblin entered my maai, I took a quick step to the side and swing the sword cleanly from top to bottom, without using any refined technique.

I could feel the edge of the blade separating the goblin's flesh, and by the time I had finished my movement, the goblin's head had been separated from its body.

"Is that it?"

Well, even if it is a monster, it's still a simple mob. Any novice adventurer could handle it with easy.

For now, let's keep moving forward.

The level of the monsters and their rate of appearance increases the deeper the floor, so I could soon start to feel some pressure.

《REPORT! The Master is advised to collect the「Magic Stones」 from the monsters while adventuring》.

Oh, that's right. They could be exchanged for vouchers later.

Even if Kami-sama had no shortage of valis, it was still never too much to have more money. There were many forms of 'power', and money was one of them.

I returned to the body of the decapitated goblin and dismembered more of its body, until I found its magic stone. It was a purplish-red crystal the size of a fingernail. It was located in the center of the sternum.

As soon as I removed its magic stone, the body that was in the process of decomposing scattered into ashes, disappearing completely.

Monsters can't survive without their magic stone.

Just as the heart was the obvious weakness of a human, the magic stone was the weakness of monsters.

"Now... mhm? What's this?" I poked at the small rectangular item that remained after the goblin disappeared.

Certain monsters dropped 'drops' after dying. But this was definitely not a drop I was expecting to see in this world.

No. It's impossible. There's no way.

How on earth could a goblin drop a phone...?

That's 'His' stuff, isn't it?

It was really strange, all this silence. It seems that 'He' only gave me time to adjust to this world before collecting my part of the bargain.

To confirm my thoughts, I put the phone and the fingernail-sized magic stone in the pouch tied around my waist that Kami-sama had made me carry and looked around for more goblins.

Great Sage, up to which floor do the goblins appear?

《REPORT! From the 1st to the 4th floor for normal goblins. From the 8th to the 9th floor for strengthened goblins》

"Thank you."

I seem to have found my goal this time.

9