Chapter 6
213 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Kisuke Urahara: That's interesting. So in Asahi-kun's world there are gods and a dungeon?]

[Asahi Sugawara: That's it~ are you curious? Come for a visit and join my Family!]

I was unforgivable in my attempt to recruit members. I mean, to be in the same |Group Chat| as me, they must be amazing.

Especially Kisuke-san.

- - -
<Information>

Name: Kisuke Urahara

Message: 'A simple merchant and not at all shady.'

[S-Class]
- - -

I mean, he was the strongest in this chat. So I'm expecting a lot from him.

Does Kisuke-san know magic? Can he survive the power of an atomic bomb like an S-Class?

[Kisuke Urahara: This is too dangerous a world for a simple merchant like me~]

[Asahi Sugawara: Isn't that what makes him so interesting?]

Did it look scary?

The gods had their Arcanum sealed anyway. And as long as the adventurers didn't overstep their bounds, the dungeon wasn't too dangerous.

It could set a few traps once in a while, but that's the bare minimum for every adventurer to know how to deal with.

If I, who had trained a bit in a modern world, could wander around the upper floors, the adventurers of this world should be even better.

Or at least they should be.

[Nico Robin: Asahi-san looks like the kind of person who will die early.]

[Asahi Sugawara: '...']

...

..

.

Having come and gone from the upper floors several times, I decided it was time to keep moving forward.

My『Attributes』have grown enough for me to feel stronger than ever, so I want to go further.

But before that, it's time to test the skill I've been delaying.

[Ultimate Skill: Lord of Chaos, Nyarlathotep]
*[Dark Spectrum]: By consuming the target's essence, an equivalent "Dark Spectre" of the same power is created that can be summoned at any time. The greater the difference in essence between the summoner and the spectre, the less power can be replicated.
*[Sharing]: It is possible to share the Spectre's senses and experience.
*[Thought Acceleration]: Increases the speed of thought processing by a million times.
*[Parallel Processing]: The ability to separate thoughts and analyze phenomena.
*[Lord's Ambition]: The user's Aura exerts powerful spiritual pressure on its targets and inflicts them with potentially lethal magical effects.
*[Universal Sense]: Allows perception of almost anything within a wide radius.

I've already been relying on the [Universal Sense] sub-skill. But the main aspect of the skill was [Obscure Spectrum], which I would now test.

"Great Sage, what does it mean to consume the 'essence'?"

《REPORT! The essence of a being is the crystallization of its existence, a 'core'. For mortals, it is the 'spirit' or 'soul'》

So in exchange for consuming someone's soul, I can create a specter of that being with all its power, if the difference between us isn't too great.

But how do I consume a soul?

《REPORT! It is advised to use [Dark Spectre] on one of the「Magic Stones」 that the master has collected》.

Are the monsters'「Magic Stones」 their essences?

Does this mean that the same「Magic Stones」 I've been using as a source of income can create my army?

Isn't that great?

Simple and easy.

I've taken out some of the magic stones I've accumulated today and put them in front of me. The value for them isn't inherently that high and Kami-sama won't be short of valis, so there was no need to worry.

Now, how do I activate it? Just say the name of the skill?

《[Unique Skill: Great Sage] requests permission to demonstrate]

Oya, can that be done?

Very well~

As soon as I agreed, I felt my mind being pushed into the background, while my body moved on its own.

So it could be done?

The Great Sage stretched out my arm and with a tingling sensation inside, I saw a gray mist appear on my hand, which completely consumed the「Magic Stones」 I had separated.

An instant later, beings in dark grey ethereal forms began to materialize around me. They totaled the same amount of「Magic Stones」 that I had separated. As I couldn't differentiate between the「Magic Stones」 I didn't know which one I had separated, but now I realized that they were all goblins, as their ethereal form was still very similar to the little greenish monsters.

I could naturally feel a strong connection with all the spectres, and although they didn't seem to have the ability to speak, I could feel their immense loyalty through that connection.

I tried [Sharing] and noticed that my mind in the background of my body possessed the Spectre I had selected. As well as being able to see, hear and feel the same as the Spectre, I could also control its movements with our shared senses, perhaps in a similar way to how the Great Sage did with me.

If so... combining with [Thought Acceleration] and [Parallel Processing], isn't it possible for the Great Sage or myself to simultaneously control all the Spectres?

《REPORT! It is advised to increase the『Attribute』[Magic] to try to simultaneously control a high amount of [Dark Spectre]》.

What a stolen skill.

'Please do it.'

With a command, I felt my mind returning to the control of my body and I saw all the spectres with a red glow in their eyes, different from the previous gray ones, similar to mine.

《REPORT! Simultaneous control of [Dark Spectre] has been established. What's the request, Master?》

"How about we start by having a party~?"

Let's explore more of the Dungeon-san.

》Fortune《

Since descending into Gekai, Fortuna hasn't had many difficulties. Even with her Arcanum sealed, she has relied on the advantages of her deities' traits to live a good life.

She opened his own store and lived in luxurious comfort.

But after years of doing the same, Fortuna envied the Gods their Families.

Even Astraea, after everything that happened to her fellow Goddess and her Family after that episode with the so-called Evilus.

So she waited. For the predestined person who would be her first child and help Fortuna give life to the Fortuna Family.

Until, years later, she found him in a stroke of luck, just after he arrived in Labyrinth City.

Asahi Sugawara.

As well as trusting completely in his Luck and Fate, Fortuna could sense that there was something special about Asahi. Something that made him unique in this world. That's why Fortuna was so decisive in inviting Asahi to be the first member of the Fortuna Family.

Having a Skill even before acquiring Falna only proved it.

Fortuna was happy.

With her Family formed - even if there were only the two of them in it.

Her initial aim had been for the Fortuna Family to be a production-type family, focused on selling the clothes she made herself all over Orario. But the idea changed the moment she met Asahi.

That strong desire and unwavering will could not be contained. The dungeon would be her main goal.

And as his Goddess, Fortuna couldn't deny the insatiable desire that swirled around Asahi. No, she would support him wholeheartedly.

That's why Fortuna quickly requested a change and made the Fortuna Family an exploitation-type family.

And just as he predicted, Asahi's main focus was the dungeon. Spending hours every day in that place.

Completely forgetting everything else.

Even though he did his part and acted as a poster boy (whatever that meant) for「Fortuna Fineries」.

Even if not the adventurers themselves, there were still a few gods who stopped by her store after seeing Asahi dressed in the clothes she created and embroidered with her coat of arms.

The main one was Freya, who came to ask for a set of her own for her Family's adventurers, with Freya's own coat of arms embroidered on it.

It was an excellent income from additional valises, which Fortuna was thinking of giving part of to Asahi as payment.

"I'm back, Kami-sama." Asahi's voice caught the Goddess's attention and brought her out of her thoughts.

It was late at night and a little later than usual, but Asahi had returned from the dungeon again.

Taking a quick glance around, Fortuna noticed nothing more than a few rips in Asahi's clothes, but no noticeable injuries.

Fortuna nodded proudly to herself.

"It's late. Did Asahi-kun miss his return appointment?"

"I was trying out some new things today, so I got carried away."

Fortuna nodded in acceptance of the answer. She didn't need Asahi to tell her everything if he didn't want to.

Taking a good look at his young face, Fortuna noticed that his strong desire for 'something' was still present in his hair-grey eyes, but it seemed to be slightly quenched.

Did he witness something he wanted to?

Fortuna kept that question to herself.

"Since that's the case, let me update your <Status>."

It took a moment for Asahi to take off his shirt and show his well-built body to Fortuna. The Goddess even wondered what kind of life he had lived before coming to Orario, since novice adventurers wouldn't have bodies like that.

Unlocking the Falna on Asahi's back, Fortuna used her divine blood to update Asahi's <Status>, glimpsing some of the memories that came with the excellence that the Falna processed.

His casual 'stroll' through the upper floors... until the moment when he was surrounded by monsters and overcame them with a glorious mastery of movement techniques and his sword.

The glimpse became blurry the moment beings that could only be called spectres appeared, closing the Goddess glimpse and finishing updating the <Status>.

8