Chapter 7
160 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

「Fortuna Fineries」was a store of great renown among the gods who lived in Gekai. Its regular customers consisted of Freya, Demeter, Ishtar and other goddesses with great fame in Orario.

And in Denatus' time, goddesses like Loki would also appear.

Just as he was doing now.

"Your store is even more famous, Golden-chan. Is that adventurer we've been seeing in your clothes a member of your Family?" The trickster goddess opened her eyes slightly to look at Fortuna sitting behind the main counter of her store.

"Asahi-kun? He's my child, Loki. Don't think too much of him." Fortuna replied without caring much for her fellow goddess.

In Tenkai, Loki was well known for her extravagant personality. Fortuna didn't want someone like her to get close to Asahi. Especially in this period of development.

"Oho~? Golden-chan is being protective~"

There were no big stories or speculations about Asahi. Loki was only curious because Fortuna had finally started her own Family.

If someone as obstinate as Fortuna chose Asahi, it was because the goddess was able to see something special in him.

Of course, her Aisu was still the best.

"Your dress is ready. Anything else?" Fortuna pointed directly at the package for Loki, not wanting to continue this conversation. She tapped her free fingers directly on the brown sheet of paper on her counter, reminding her of Asahi.

She wanted to help him.

"Golden-chan doesn't want to talk to me today... *hic*" Loki pretended to cry for a moment, but seeing Fortuna's distant gaze, she stopped playing games.

But since her curiosity had been slightly activated, Loki would pay more attention to Asahi.

Picking up her package, she handed Fortuna a check with the Guild symbol on it, which contained the value of the dress she had ordered.

For transactions in which millions of valises would be circulated, the Guild acted as a transitory means, since no one in their right mind would carry that many valises.

"Always a pleasure, Golden-chan~" Loki said goodbye after noticing that he no longer had Fortuna's attention.

"Yes, see you next time." Fortuna replied thoughtfully and soon stopped Loki leaving when an idea popped into her head: "Tell me Loki... how can I get a grimoire?"

"Oho? Are you trying to spoil your first child?" Loki flashed a broad smile that would frighten any enemies who saw it.

Grimoires are extremely rare high-class items that could easily be worth millions of Valis. As an item that could grant Magic through the Falna, its value was well deserved.

Fortune would certainly have no problem paying for one, but they were items that rarely appeared. And those who had them preferred to use them for themselves or their own children - in the case of the Gods.

Selling them was unusual in Orario.

But Loki was Loki.

Fortuna knew that the trickster goddess must have one and if not, she knew who did.

"You might think so. So? Can you answer me?" Fortuna asked directly, not wishing to take part in Loki's mind games.

"Golden-chan is no fun at all. Very well, for the sake of our long friendship, I'll help you this time~" Loki replied, forming a plan in his mind.

To find out how valuable Asahi was in Fortuna's eyes.

This is how the Trickster Goddess and the 'Golden' Goddess negotiated.

In the end, Loki agreed to deliver a grimoire to Fortuna for the 'small' price of 25 million valis.

A value that Fortuna possessed, but which would take a few months to recover.

"It was good doing business~" Loki said, having promised that one of his sons would come to deliver the grimoire in the next few hours.

Fortuna nodded and kept a satisfied smile on her face.

All because she could help Asahi.

When she saw the progress her son had made in just a few days, Fortuna knew she hadn't misjudged him. His growth in attributes and the new ability was enough to shock all the gods in Gekai. Especially the skill.

That's why Fortuna needed to know.

What did Asahi want?

Unexpectedly, it was really simple to get the answer.

Magic.

Asahi wished to have the power of Magic.

So Fortuna would help make her son's wish come true.

His child.

And once Asahi had fulfilled that wish... what would he become?

Would he wish for more? Or would he settle down?

Despite toying with Asahi's fate, the goddess was eager to know more about him. About how he would act. About what he would become.

Immersed in her own unique feelings, she looked again at the brown sheet on her counter.

The same one that held Asahi's updated <Status>.

- -
<Status>

Asahi Sugawara

Level 1

Strength: I-10 ⟶ H-180

Endurance: I-10 ⟶ H-105

Dexterity: I-10 ⟶ F-310

Agility: I-10 ⟶ G-240

Magic: I-10 ⟶ I-80

Magic: []

Skills: [Great Sage]; [Divine Language];

[Great Sage]
*[Thought Acceleration] *[Analytical Evaluation] *[Parallel Processing] *[Chant Nullification] *[All Creation]

[Divine Language]
*Ability to understand and recognize all the hieroglyphs composed in the language of the gods.
- -

》Asahi Sugawara《

Magic.

The power to alter the rules of the world to cause mystical effects.

To wield the power known as Magic, mystical energy was required.

Generally known as magical power, mana, magical energy, ki, qi, aura...

There were many names and I had been trying to reach them throughout my last life.

Now it was within my reach. Thanks to the continuous use of [Dark Spectrum], my Magic attribute continues to grow. Even now, my spectres had been partying on the upper floors of Dungeon-san while I followed them from behind.

But using [Dark Spectrum] not only helped my Magic grow by accumulating excelia, it also helped me understand how to use this energy without relying on the Great Sage.

《...》

Just as the Strength attribute had its own aspects, such as: physical strength and explosive power, the Magic attribute focused on the growth of: magical power and mind (mental energy).

Magic Power was the fuel needed to activate Magic, while the Mind was the means of controlling and processing Magic. This was how Magic worked in Danmachi, according to the theory I formulated myself.

Having that point, the rest was to theorize the proper method for forming Magic.

As the Great Sage reminded us, Magic in Danmachi was manifested through magic circles and chants.

But without a Magic properly analyzed by the Great Sage, it was still unknown how the chants and magic circles came about.

There was also the matter of Ignis Fatuus, an event that occurred when you lost control of the conjured Magic, causing an explosion.

Even my control of magical power and use of the mind was based on 'internal control', without having achieved the ability to manifest this mystical energy externally.

Would chanting: 'Fire, manifest!' work?

More tests were needed.

But that would be delayed for the time being, since Dungeon-san seems to have been annoyed by my behavior and sent a larger number of monsters at me, exceeding the standard amount.

An amount beyond what my spectres could handle.

"Come on, Great Sage."

I drew my sword and took off.

...

..

.

"And that's 150,000 valis. Your earnings keep increasing every day, Asahi-san." The half-elf attendant said after counting up all the magic stones I'd handed over today.

"I had some help."

With my spectres, my travels in the dungeon were faster. In addition to the magic stones I used to create more spectres, I sold everything else. Thanks to the huge backpack I bought and carried into the dungeon, I no longer had to leave any magic stones behind, even though I found it inconvenient to carry such a large backpack.

"Still, even if I'm not your advisor, I need to warn you. The dungeon is not a place to have an adventure, Asahi-san."

"An adventurer shouldn't have adventures?"

It was for ideas like these that I didn't accept this half elf as an advisor. What a controversial idea.

"The dungeon is a dangerous place. Don't underestimate it."

"I appreciate your concern, but there's no need to worry."

I imagine she's seen all sorts of things as a Guild receptionist, but I can't let a receptionist's fear change the way I see this world.

Slowing down... living in fear and trepidation didn't suit me.

In order to overcome an atomic bomb, you have to go beyond the ordinary. Do more than others. Reach unimaginable heights.

Make the impossible possible.

That's the way I live.

"See you, Receptionist-san~"

"It's Eina Tulle, Asahi-san. I told you about that!"

Yes, yes~

Leaving the guild behind, I headed back to Babel. It was already dark and at this point, the only people roaming the streets of Orario were adventurers looking for entertainment.

The night was much more 'vivid' in Orario compared to Japan, although the entertainment the labyrinth city provided was simple pubs and courtesans.

Perhaps it was the simplicity of the place that made such a difference.

I walked through the streets as I passed all kinds of races and even gods.

7