Chapter 8
160 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[A quest has been created]

[Mission: Advent of the Hollows.

Summary: By using a 'bait' in Karakura Town, a wave of hollows has been attracted to the city. But thanks to the interference of a malicious third party, the horde of hollows is larger and more dangerous than expected.

Objective: Eliminate the hollows that have invaded Karakura Town.

Reward: Random.

Participants: 3 random members.

Start time: 24 hours]

[Participants being drawn]

[Kisuke Urahara has been automatically selected]

[Asahi Sugawara has been selected]

[Tanjiro Kamado has been selected]

[During the mission, there will be a time pause in the world of the participants].

Oya~?

Was it seven days? Something like a week has passed and a first mission has been issued.

What are Hollows?

《REPORT! Hollows are deceased people who lose their hearts out of despair or by staying in the real world too long》

So they're humans who turned into monsters after dying?

That's funny.

I got a new life at 'His' whim... and others turned into monsters who haunted their homeworld and had death warrants for themselves.

Am I lucky?

Was my destiny different from theirs?

'Kami-sama seems to be influencing me.'

[Maki: Tsk. A mission finally went out, but I wasn't selected].

[Nico Robin: Looks like we're unnecessary this time, Maki-san].

[Tanjiro Kamado: Don't talk like that, Robin-san. It was just a random draw! I'm sure that next time, Maki-san and Robin-san will be chosen!]

[Nico Robin: How sweet. Tanjiro-san cares about us].

[Kisuke Urahara: Looks like the mission is in my world, huh... That must be why I was automatically selected].

[Asahi Sugawara: Karakura Town... you know the place, Kisuke-san?]

I wasn't sure if we'd have time to find the place when the mission started, so I wanted to avoid getting lost.

Kisuke-san might be from Japan like I was, but his Japan was a years behind me compared to my old life.

Did GPS exist for them?

[Kisuke Urahara: Don't worry, Asahi-kun. Karakura is actually where I live~]

[Asahi Sugawara: Ah, that saves a lot of trouble].

[Maki: You freaks, aren't you worried about these hollows appearing in innocent people's homes?]

[Kisuke Urahara: Don't worry, Maki-chan! It's nothing this trusty group can't handle~!]

[Kisuke Urahara: Of course, I can't help much, since I'm just a simple, handsome shopkeeper~]

[Tanjiro Kamado: Kisuke-san...]

[Asahi Sugawara: Is that important?]

[Nico Robin: I hope none of you die horribly on this mission].

[Asahi Sugawara: Your support is appreciated, Robin-san].

[Asahi Sugawara: Then I'll meet you in 24 hours in your world, Kisuke-san. For now, I'll get ready].

[Tanjiro Kamado: Yes, me too! I was going on a mission, but I just need to make a stop!]

[Kisuke Urahara: Okay~ you'll be well received~!]

Once everything was settled, I put the phone away and stretched out. Even though this isn't my first experience of 'another world', I can't deny that I feel a little anxious about getting to know Kisuke-san's world.

Both Tanjiro-san and I were still E-Class. Probably the lowest of all the classes.

But that didn't shake me.

Tanjiro-san is a Demon Hunter in his world, so he was also used to fighting against the odds. Especially for Tanjiro-san, since Magic didn't exist in his world and they used a technique called 'Breathing' to fight the onis, creatures with high physical strength and seemingly infinite regeneration.

"I've got 24 hours. I'll need to step it up a bit."

In order to raise my『Attributes』 as much as possible before the mission begins, I went down Babel towards the dungeon to acquire more excelia.

My thoughts were lost in the possible reward I would receive after completing the mission.

The notion of failing never crossed my mind.

》Kisuke Urahara《

Kisuke put down the unusual phone he had gotten from the afterlife and lost himself in thought.

With the appearance of the mission, the final proof that he had become involved in something far beyond what he could have imagined was realized.

Other worlds.

Dimensions.

Multiverse.

This was much bigger than his dispute with Aizen. Perhaps even further than the Soul King himself could reach.

Who had created such a device?

This seemingly simple little phone with a single application was even more mysterious than the Hogyoku himself.

What would Aizen's face look like if he found out about |Group Chat|?

Even in this myriad of thoughts, Kisuke cracked a playful smile.

Putting on his moss green and white striped hat, Kisuke stood up and headed towards his friends and employees who were walking through the Urahara Shop.

"Attention everyone~ We'll be receiving important guests tomorrow, so welcome them~!" Making his announcement with a lopsided grin on his face, he made everyone present look at him, before looking away and continuing his activities.

Except for the black cat who woke up at his announcement.

"What's that, Kisuke? What are you up to now? This is a crucial moment." The cat spoke in a deep, undeniably masculine tone.

The Quincy boy had initiated his contact with Kurosaki Ichigo, so everyone's nerves were on edge for the upcoming events.

In fact, the appearance of the mission directly informed the course of action that would take place because of the disagreement between Quincy and Kurosaki Ichigo.

"It's a bit unexpected for me too, but they can help~" Kisuke replied to his longtime 'friend' after hiding more of his face with a fan.

|Group Chat| opened up far greater possibilities than Kisuke had imagined.

The members themselves could be their greatest help in stopping Aizen, preventing Kisuke from entrusting the future of the Human World and Soul Society in the hands of a teenager with no control over his powers and total ignorance of his origins.

If the classes were any indication, they were still too weak to intervene. However, Kisuke was looking forward to future developments.

"Does this have anything to do with that weird phone you've been using?" Cat asked.

The phone had suddenly appeared the previous week and had been one of Kisuke's main focuses ever since.

It was impossible for the cat not to notice this action. Especially in these times, when the chessboard had been set and they had begun to play against the Soul Society's great illusionist.

"That's right, my dear Yoruichi. These 'friends' of mine who are coming to visit are people who have been given that same phone, just like me~"

Except for a few things, Kisuke wouldn't hesitate to share his secrets with Yoruichi. The problem was that he really couldn't tell or even introduce the existence of |Group Chat| to anyone else. Even gesturing or drawing/writing didn't work.

Believe, he really tried.

Kisuke can say that the feeling of being prevented from doing something by a mysterious force was one of the worst things he had felt in his long life.

It even surpassed what Kisuke felt after finding out about the Soul King's condition.

"Good." That was all Yoruichi needed to know. Although she had a keen intellect, she was no match for Kisuke and Aizen, and Yoruichi was fine with that. She herself was the type who liked to act directly, rather than thinking up plans and calculated moves.

That was Kisuke job.

"While you get those friends of yours, I'll keep an eye on the Quincy boy." Yoruichi said, stretching and disappearing through the window at unimaginable speed.

Kisuke looked around for a moment before returning to his seat, wondering what he should prepare for his visitors from another world.

9