Chapter 10
175 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

》Kisuke Urahara《

"Water Breathing - First Form: Shallow Water Cut!"

Tanjiro cut another of the hollows using his unusual 'breathing style'.

From what Kisuke could see, these 'breathing styles' increased the body's blood flow and generated more physical power and agility, allowing Tanjiro to beat the hollows with relative simplicity.

But using this 'style' for too long would definitely put a strain on the user's body, since the user was acting at more than 100% of their natural capacity.

Just as Kisuke realized this with little information, Tanjiro as its user must also have noticed and undoubtedly experienced this overload.

Still...

"Where to now, Kisuke-san?!"

Tanjiro's gentle eyes couldn't help but show his urgency to find more hollows.

And this wasn't because of the 'dispute' that Asahi had created. But because of his own desire to help.

'A gentle soul.'

That was Tanjiro Kamado.

While making a minimal effort to get rid of the rest of the hollows, Kisuke gave Tanjiro another direction to follow.

"Asahi-kun seems to have chosen a direction, so it's good if Tanjiro-kun goes east~ that area is unprotected~"

Asahi was with Yoruichi. Apart from Asahi himself telling them this, Kisuke could sense them very well. And not surprisingly, Yoruichi must have diverted Asahi's attention away from the 'center' of this event.

|Group Chat| could be a future asset. And Kisuke didn't want to reveal that card too soon.

Although... Aizen wouldn't be interested in Asahi and Tanjiro if he saw them now.

"Isn't Kisuke-san going to tag along?" Tanjiro paused for a moment before heading off in the direction indicated.

Kisuke looked for a moment at the young boy full of desire.

"There's another place that requires my attention now, Tanjiro-kun. But Jinta-kun and Ururu-chan here can help~" Kisuke pointed to the two children with strong Reiatsu who had appeared at his side in the nick of time.

Tanjiro looked at them both for a moment, before opening a gentle smile: "Come on, Jinta-san, Ururu-san!"

Without even doubting Kisuke's intentions, Tanjiro followed the Urahara Shop employees and disappeared from Kisuke's sight.

"What should I do now~?"

Kurosaki Ichigo would have the opportunity he needed to develop in the way he needed. And this event was also an opportunity for Kurosaki's friends to awaken their latent powers acquired through the Hogyoku, as Kisuke had speculated.

'Tanjiro-kun is strong enough to deal with these hollows, even without using any spiritual powers.'

As for Asahi...

He was with Yoruichi. Even if Kisuke didn't explain all the steps of his plan, Yoruichi could discern some things and thanks to that, she could prevent Asahi from unwittingly getting in their way.

If so...

"Should I prepare for my grand entrance~?"

》Asahi Sugawara《

With two steps to the right, I dodged the claws of the hollow that attacked me. With a flick of my wrist, my sword blurred and ran along the invisible line that marked the weak point in its movement, splitting the hollow's mask, causing its body to disintegrate.

With the information provided by the Great Sage, all the knowledge about 'Bleach' was handed over to me, making me aware of the information in this world.

Hollows, Shinigamis, Quincys, Fullbring...

What a vast diversity, similar to Orario.

"Good cleaning, Asahi~" The talking black cat celebrated from atop the bench that had been watching me.

A black cat that undeniably had a male voice, but was somehow a sexy woman.

Kisuke-san world was very confusing.

"We're done here."

I didn't complain to Yoruichi-san about the fact that she didn't do anything, even though she had enough power to casually crush all the Hollows instantly.

The more left for me, the better.

The problem was that I could feel the number of my specters dwindling. And it would be some time before I could call them back.

If I kept going at this rate, they'd all disappear before this invasion was over.

"Let's keep going."

More than thirty minutes had passed, but the Garganta (portal connected to the Hueco Mundo) kept appearing.

Thanks to outside interference, this situation was beyond the Quincy boy's control.

"Sure~ but is it okay to just keep using brute force? Why aren't you using your Reiryoku?" Yoruichi-san asked as soon as he settled on my shoulder again. "Even with your techniques, your sword could end up damaged if you carry on like this."

Reiryoku (spiritual power) was similar to the magical power needed to use Magic. To me with [Universal Sense], I could tell the difference between the two energies, but to Yoruichi-san, they looked the same.

"I don't have such good control. In fact, I still haven't figured out how to use it externally." I was honest about my difficulties.

Yoruichi-san was a Shinigami, beings who didn't have a physical form and lived in their spiritual form. Just like hollows.

For this reason, only people endowed with strong spiritual power could see them.

As such, control of their Reiryoku was inherent.

And as an S-Class and a Shinigami who specializes in stealth, her control is masterful.

It wouldn't hurt to have a piece of advice or two from someone like that.

"Huh? A control problem?" Even without seeing it, I could tell she had the look on her face of someone who couldn't believe it. "Even when Asahi can control those 'specters'?"

"Like I said, it's my ability. Using it is like something... intuitive."

"...I can't believe you're a newbie."

"Things like that happen~"

Even though a week had passed, I still hadn't learned to control my magical power.

It wasn't wrong to call me a novice.

"Very well. After this is over, I'll give you some suggestions." Yoruichi-san spoke pompously, as if he wanted me to thank him for this opportunity.

"Thank you." As she wished, I did.

Yoruichi-san nodded in satisfaction before settling down and patting the back of my head with her paws.

"Good~ now let's move on! I want to see your current level!"

Looks like I've got myself a sensei? Should I change the way I address Yoruichi-san?

Yoruichi-sensei...

Mhm, it's not so bad.

Using my current D-540 in Agility, I headed towards the hollows. A few minutes of travel brought me to a huge building in a large space that could only be defined as a school.

The number of hollows present below could easily number a few dozen, in addition to the ones I could sense in the building.

In addition to him, he could also sense some humans.

"Mhm, that got a bit more complicated."

"Can Asahi sense it too?" Yoruichi-sensei said, "How do you intend to do that?"

It seems that Yoruichi-sensei doesn't intend to act.

Is this a test?

The hollows will be simple to deal with. I'll just need to use a faster style to do it. The real problem is these 'half-creatures' that I could sense in the building. Definitely human, but they had traces of the same energy that the hollows possessed.

Probably some control-type or parasitic ability.

How was this cleaned up in Bleach?

《REPORT! Inoue Orihime awakened the skill [Shun Shun Rikka] and rejected the parasites in the bodies of her colleagues, returning to normal》

So Orihime-san could handle it?

Very well.

I'll focus on my work here then.

"Keep going, Yoruichi-sensei. I'll be a little quicker now."

"...sensei? I like that!" The cat laughed for a few moments and I felt its paws rest more firmly on my shoulder "Come on, my pupil! Impress me~!"

Distance, angle, positioning. That's all there is to martial arts. A contest for the maai.

You could also imagine it as a dance.

Naturally, there were different styles of dance and each would have its own dancers.

So it was for martial arts too. Even for swordsmen.

There were those who relied on raw power to cause catastrophic damage, there were those who relied on rhythm and flow to form a cycle of attack, defense and counterattack, there were also those who relied on pure agility to overcome their opponents.

Thousands of schools with different styles existed. And I naturally learned them all.

Why focus on just one thing when you could be good at everything?

The ultimate martial art was one that could not be surpassed.

One thing I noticed in Orario was the curious lack of 'blending' in the adventurers' combat styles.

They were all very straightforward and depended entirely on their attributes.

Those who possessed some technique still focused entirely on a single one.

A backward people.

Although they possessed the power of magic and their strongest adventurers had the power to survive an atomic bomb... their techniques were backward compared to what I learned in modern Japan.

Because there was no compartmentalization of techniques between different schools.

But that was their problem.

Now, I would show a fast, fluid dance that would envy those watching the show.

Shifting into an iaijutsu stance, I concentrated my strength on my thigh and calf muscles. Like an arrow being prepared.

And with a deep inhale, I released that strength and shot straight up.

The first hollow I approached barely had time to register me before my blade split his mask in two.

You know, if your weak point is so obvious, you need to do a better job of protecting it~

Using my leg muscles to brake, I stopped all my movement as I circled around the monstrous bodies and brandished my blade endlessly.

I kept alternating between sudden speed and fluidity in curves.

Like an arrow shooting into the waves of the sea.

A spectacle on display for the male-voiced talking cat, but a sexy woman and my new sensei.

9