Chapter 11 – New Home
23 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Rose tossed and turned, trapped in the throes of a nightmare. She was back in Jervis’s Wonderland warehouse, dressed in an blue dress with her arms and legs bound to a heavy wooden chair.

Across the tea table filled with cakes and treats, Jervis leered at her. "Now, now my dear, no need to struggle," he tutted, straightening his oversized hat. "You're the guest of honor at my Wonderland tea party!"

"Let me go!" Rose screamed, thrashing fruitlessly against the ropes. 

The warehouse doors crashed open as Edward charged in, fury etched on his face. But before he could reach Rose, two giant playing card guards seized him by the arms. Edward struggled violently against them with no success.

Heavy footsteps echoed as a third figure entered - the Queen of Hearts. "Off with his head!" she bellowed, raising an axe high over Edward.

"No!" Rose shrieked, writhing helplessly against the bindings. "Edward! Edward!"

Rose jolted upright with a sharp cry, heart pounding and skin damp with cold sweat. Disoriented, it took her a few terrified breaths before she recognized Edward's shadowy bedroom instead of the twisted Wonderland nightmare she'd been trapped in days before.

"It's alright, I'm here," came Edward's gentle voice as he quickly switched on the bedside lamp and gathered her trembling body into his arms.

Rose clung to him, struggling to calm her frantic sobs against his chest. This was the third night in a row since Edward had rescued her from Jervis Tetch that Rose had woke up screaming from visions of that psychopath and his abusive obsession.

"Shh you're safe now," Edward soothed, gently stroking her hair. 

But under his comfort, Rose could feel his body rigid with impotent fury at what she had suffered.

Gradually her tears subsided, leaving Rose drained and hollow. With a shuddering sigh, she extricated herself from Edward's embrace, scrubbing her sleeve across her raw, swollen eyes.

"I'm so sorry," she whispered miserably.

Edward tilted her chin up, compassion shining from his handsome features. "You have nothing to apologize for, my dear. That monster hurt you deeply; of course, there will be scars." 

His jaw tightened, green eyes flashing. "If we weren't relying on the so-called justice system to punish him, I swear I'd..."

He trailed off menacingly, but Rose understood. If Jervis didn't spend the rest of his deranged life locked far away in Arkham for what he'd done, Edward would likely have killed him back in that warehouse. While violence appalled her, knowing the lengths he was willing to go to protect her also filled Rose with bittersweet warmth.

Caressing Edward's cheek soothingly, she leaned in to brush a soft kiss across his taut mouth. "It helps just having you close by," she murmured.

Edward covered her hand with his own, turning his head to press a fierce kiss to her palm. "I'll be right here whenever you need me," he vowed.

“Thank you,” she whispered weakly.

“Always, my dear,” he murmured back. 

She let her eyes fall closed once more as Edward turned off the light and settled them both back onto the pillows. His steady heartbeat and breathing slowly lulled Rose back to sleep.

The next morning, Rose woke slowly, stretching out under the soft blankets. The chronically cold hideout actually felt cozy with Edward's body heat still lingering in the sheets. She could hear him rattling around in the small kitchen area, likely making his signature spinach and feta omelets.

She shuffled out sleepily to find Edward whisking eggs in a bowl, ingredients for omelets laid out.

"Ah, morning my dear," he greeted with a smile. "I hope you're hungry."

"Starving," Rose sighed contently, breathing in the comforting smells. She settled onto a stool at the counter to watch him cook.

"You know…you’re here more often than not lately,” Edward commented nonchalantly as he sautéed spinach and mushrooms in a pan.

"I guess so," Rose mused, realizing just how rarely she had even been back to her own apartment since the incident with Jervis.

"So why not make it official?" Edward glanced over with a surprisingly vulnerable hopefulness in his eyes. "Will you move in with me?"

"I’d like that more than anything!” Rose cried, barely able to contain her excitement. She threw her arms around him from behind, heart swelling with joy at the prospect of living together.

Edward turned to face her, gratitude shining in his eyes. 

Rose bit her lip nervously. "There's just one thing though...I still have 6 months on my apartment lease," she admitted.

"Pfft, a trivial matter,” Edward scoffed with a dramatic wave of his hand. “We’ll simply call up your miserly landlord and inquire what fee he requires to terminate a lease.”

Seeing Rose open her mouth hesitantly, he gave her hand a squeeze. “Not to worry, I’ll cover whatever nonsense sum he demands. Consider it taken care of, my dear.”

His confidence brought a smile back to Rose’s face. She pulled him into a deep, grateful kiss. When their lips finally parted, she whispered, “Then I suppose it’s settled - I’m moving in.”

"I promise you won't regret this, my love," he vowed fervently. "But I thought we might go together to collect your things, make it feel more like our space?"

Warm gratitude flooded Rose at how thoughtfully he sought to ease her transition. "I'd like that very much," she agreed softly.

After breakfast, Edward insisted on calling Rose’s landlord immediately to negotiate terminating her lease. Rose worried the stern man would refuse, but remarkably he agreed almost instantly to a reasonable buyout price.

“My dear, you clearly underestimated my...persuasive abilities,” Edward chuckled after hanging up. He shot her a sly grin. “Shall we say money does a lot of the talking when it comes to Gotham’s less scrupulous property owners?”

With the legal hurdles cleared, an air of excitement filled the hideout. They freshened up and prepared to venture out into the city together. Most of the journey passed in companionable silence.

Pulling up outside the familiar building, Edward squeezed her hand reassuringly as he caught her anxious expression. "I'll be right by your side the whole time," he reminded her.

With Edward’s support, Rose led the way inside. Her uneasy eyes swept over the living room; nothing seemed disturbed from the struggle aside from some scattered roses and party decor Jervis had brought. She suppressed a shudder.

Edward drew her close, rubbing her shoulders briskly. "Come on, let's make this quick," he urged gently. "Bring what you need for now, we can always return later if necessary."

Rose nodded, steeling herself before retreating to her bedroom to pack, trying not to dwell on memories attached to each familiar item. She had just started boxing up clothes and shoes when Edward appeared in the doorway.

"How can I help speed this dreadful process along, my dear?"

She gestured him towards her small bookcase. "If you wouldn't mind packing those up, I'll tackle the rest."

They worked together quietly, Edward neatly organizing novels and knick-knacks into empty boxes. Before long all that remained were a few lingering toiletries items from the bathroom.

Edward placed a gentle hand on Rose's back, guiding her from the now hollow-feeling space that was no longer hers. "Let's get you home," he murmured.

Home. As they loaded up his car, Rose realized with quiet awe that the word no longer brought this depressing little apartment to mind, but instead filled her heart with thoughts of Edward's hideout. Their hideout now, she corrected inwardly, allowing a small smile to herself.

Unpacking there went quicker with Edward efficiently designating new homes for Rose's things amongst his own eccentric decor. He made sure to deliberately include her in arranging their now shared space, ensuring she felt a true sense of belonging.

When the last item found its new home, Edward stepped back, surveying their now-shared space with his hands on his hips.

“Well, that about does it I believe, my dear!" he proclaimed brightly. "What do you think?”

"It's perfect," Rose declared, hugging Edward from behind. "This already feels like home."

Edward turned in Rose's embrace with a smile. "I'm thrilled you're finding our little nest so agreeable, my darling. Now, to properly celebrate this happy event - what do you say we have a romantic dinner together?"

"That sounds wonderful," Rose replied, giving him a kiss. 

"Excellent! I'll begin preparations at once." Edward gently took her hand and led her over to the couch. "You simply relax here while I work my culinary magic for us in the kitchen."

Rose contentedly watched him bustle about, chopping ingredients as he hummed a cheerful tune. Before long, Edward emerged from the kitchen bearing a tray laden with plates of fettuccine alfredo, freshly baked bread, and a bottle of wine. 

"For our first meal together in our new home, I hope you'll find this comfort fare satisfying," he said, setting the tray on the coffee table. 

Rose smiled in delight. "It looks delicious!" 

They sat side by side on the couch. Edward twirled some fettuccine around his fork and held it up for Rose to taste. A soft moan of pleasure escaped her lips. 

"Edward, this is wonderful."

Her compliment made him practically beam. He fed her another bite, taking care to catch any stray sauce with his finger before licking it off teasingly. Rose rolled her eyes in amusement even as a blush rose to her cheeks.

When it was her turn, Rose broke off a chunk of bread and gently placed it in Edward's waiting mouth. He closed his eyes, savoring the taste and her tender affection. They continued reminiscing and laughing between feeding each other the hearty pasta. 

As they finished the last drops of wine, Rose curled contentedly against Edward's side on the sofa. "That was the perfect way to celebrate our first night home together."

Edward smiled, kissing her hair. "I'm pleased you enjoyed it. Now, what do you say we continue our celebrations in a more... intimate manner?"

Rose responded to Edward's invitation with a heartfelt kiss, pouring all her love and desire into it. Breaking away slightly breathless, she smiled up at him and said, "I'd love nothing more.” 

She took Edward's hand and led him into their shared bedroom, excitement fluttering in her stomach. Turning to face him, she wrapped her arms around his neck. "Make love to me, Edward."

Edward cupped her face tenderly. "Nothing would make me happier." He kissed her slowly, savoring the taste of wine on her lips. 

Rose parted her lips, deepening the kiss into something hungrier, more desperate. She ran her hands through Edward's hair, down his back, wanting to feel every inch of him. His arms tightened around her waist in response, pulling her flush against the evidence of his arousal.

A soft moan escaped her as their growing passions met. She nudged Edward backward until the edge of the bed hit the back of his knees. Breaking the kiss, Rose gently pushed him to sit, then straddled his lap eagerly.

Edward gazed up at her with raw want and caring. His hands slid to her hips, caressing the curves beneath her clothes. "You're so beautiful," he sighed appreciatively.

Rose bit her lip, enjoying the praise and power she held over this brilliant man who was utterly hers. Running her hands down his chest, she began working open the buttons of his emerald green jacket. Edward watched intently as she slipped it from his slender frame. 

Beneath was his signature question mark printed tie, nestled against a crisp black dress shirt. Rose took her time unveiling him further, savoring his rapt attention. When his shirt and tie joined the jacket on the floor, she caressed her hands over his newly exposed lean torso.

Her ministrations drew a guttural moan from Edward's throat. His head fell back in blissful surrender to her exploration. Rose lavished her affection across his chest and stomach, tracing random patterns with teasing touches of her fingertips and tongue. 

By the time she sat back to admire her work, Edward was trembling with need, hands clenched at his sides to resist seizing control. His eyes, when they opened to meet hers, burned with undisguised want. 

Edward’s arms encircled her, large hands roaming from the small of her back to squeeze her rear in a provocatively possessive manner.

Any remaining restraint broke within Rose at his possessive touch. She rocked her jean-clad core against the stiffness confined by Edward's trousers, eliciting matching groans. His hands slid up under her shirt to caress bare skin as they moved together. 

Soon their shirts and pants were discarded, leaving them chest to chest in just underwear. Edward littered Rose's throat, shoulders and chest with open-mouthed kisses, tugging her bra aside with his teeth to suckle a pebbled nipple. 

A cry tore from Rose at the exquisite sensation. She shoved him backward and followed to straddle his hips again, grinding down wantonly. "Insatiable as ever, I see." 

Edward smiled wickedly up at her. "You love it, don't even try to deny it." One hand drifted up her side to caress her breast gently. "Tell me what you need, darling. How may I unravel you further this evening?"

Rose bit her lip, considering his question amidst her hazy pleasure. "Your clever fingers or talented tongue - I leave it to you, Eddie. But don’t stop until I'm a flooded mess." 

Edward rolled them over so Rose was beneath him, kissing along her jawline down to her neck. "As my queen commands," he replied playfully against her skin. 

Hands roaming down, he scraped his nails lightly over her sides, eliciting a gasp. Edward toyed with the waistband of her underwear before slowly dragging them down her legs and throwing them aside. His gaze roamed her nude form hungrily. 

"Now let's see what sounds I can draw from those perfect lips," he said, quirking a sly grin.

Before Rose could respond, Edward's mouth was on her, kissing a fiery path down her body. She writhed helplessly under his expert attentions, breath coming in shallow pants. 

When his tongue flicked her clit, she cried out, fingers twisting in the sheets. Edward feasted on her, devoting himself fully to her pleasure. Two fingers joined his tongue, curling to find that sweet spot within. 

Rose was lost to sensation, climbing higher under his ministrations. Her thighs clenched around his head as the first wave crashed over her. Edward didn't let up, drinking in her release and continuing to push her over the edge again and again. 

By the time she floated back to earth, Rose was a limp, sated puddle. Edward pressed kisses across her sweat-slicked skin, smirking in satisfaction. "How was that, my dear?"

Still trembling, she grabbed his chin in a passionate kiss, tasting herself on his lips. "Incredible. Now I believe it's your turn..." Small hands made quick work of his underwear.

Grabbing a condom from the bedside table, Rose rolled it down his thick length, watching his face contort rapturously. 

"Ride me, darling," Edward gritted out. 

Bracing herself above him, Rose sank down inch by inch, adjusting to his girth. A shared groan escaped them at the exquisite feeling of union. She began to move, lost in the worship of her lover's body.

Rose rode Edward slow and steady at first, savoring the intimate connection between their joined bodies. His hands roamed her curves, caressing and grasping in all the right places. She leaned down to kiss him deeply as her pace increased.

Edward reciprocated her fierce passion, nipping at her lips. One hand snuck between them to rub tantalizing circles around her clit. Rose gasped, the extra stimulation pushing her closer to the edge once more. 

She sat back up straight, changing the angle of their union for even deeper penetration. Edward threw his head back with a guttural moan at the new sensation. The sight of him so overcome with pleasure spurred Rose on.

Bracing her hands on his chest, Rose began to truly ride him in earnest. Skin slapped deliciously together as she picked up speed, chasing that sweet release building inside her. Edward, in turn, bucked up to meet each of her downward motions. 

Their mingled moans and cries echoed off the walls of their hideout bedroom. All that mattered in this moment was the two of them, lost in the worship of each other’s bodies. 

Edward reached once more for Rose's clit, rubbing tight circling motions. "Come for me, Rose," he growled.

Those words were all it took to send her tumbling over the edge. Rose threw her head back with a cry as waves of rapture consumed her. The pulsing of her climax dragged Edward’s own release from him in turn. 

They collapsed together in a sweaty, sated heap, trading soft kisses. Rose lay curled in Edward's arms as their breathing slowly returned to normal. His fingers idly caressed her back and shoulders, eliciting the occasional contented sigh. 

She tilted her face up to meet his warm emerald gaze, wishing this moment could last forever. "I love you so much," she said softly. 

Edward smiled, running his fingers through her hair. "And I love you too, my darling, Rose."

His tender words and affectionate touch filled Rose's heart. She snuggled closer against his chest, though her eyes were growing heavy. Edward seemed to sense this and pressed a kiss to her forehead. 

"Rest now, love. I'll be here when you wake up," he said gently, pulling the blankets up cozily around them both.

Rose sighed contentedly in response, warmth, and comfort wrapping around her like a blanket as she started to drift off. 

The last thing she remembered before sleep took her was the rise and fall of Edward's breathing and his arms holding her securely. Safe beside the man she loved, Rose relaxed into a peaceful slumber, looking forward to waking in his embrace once more.

0