Ch.43
274 3 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I noticed that Lance's Dragonite also is in the King Rank, with his background, it is safe to say, that Dragonite's stats are maxed out. The only good thing is Leo has a type advantage being part rock type and Dragonite is part flying. The two Pokémon both finished buffing up and began their attacks at one another right after the battle officially started. 

Leo used Wild Charge practically teleporting to Dragonite, who took the hit with a grimance. Then smashed Leo in the side with a Brick Break, making Leo grunt in pain and both Pokémon jumped back from one another. Leo then charged up another Wild Charge, but I could tell he was actually charging up a Head Smash instead. 

While Dragonite charged up a water-type move. Leo rushed Dragonite who was airborne and jumped up to meet him. While Dragonite waited for Leo to close the distance and then used Aqua Tail. The two attacks met, with Leo smashing his head into the aqua tail. A small explosion erupted from the attacks launching both Pokémon back. 

Leo seemed unhurt as he landed on the ground with his feet digging into it. Dragonite almost fell to the ground too, but managed to catch himself before he did. Then Leo dug underground disappearing while I connected him to Dragonite's location. Leo then charged up his strongest move, V-create which hadn't been seen before Leo used it himself since only one other Pokémon had been known to use it a Legendary. 

Dragonite appeared to be watching the ground from high above the maximum height he could reach in the arena. While having charged up a Dragon-type move, Leo's move began to superheat the ground making it look like a volcanic eruption was about to happen. Then he broke out of the ground and launched himself at Dragonite. 

Dragonite then met Leo's move head-on with a Draco Meteor, the two Pokémon then collided once again. However, this time Leo easily overpowered Dragonite, as his move was one of the strongest moves. Leo's flames burned away Dragonite's dragon-type energy and then exploded in contact with Dragonite. 

The explosion rivaled that of Golem's last move as the entire arena shook and two layers of the invisible protective barrier broke. After the explosion ended and the smoke cleared, we saw Dragonite collapsed on the ground not moving. While Leo was standing over him looking completely exhausted. 

"Dragonite is unable to battle! The winners are Trainer Lucas and Arcanine!" the referee says as Leo lets out a howl of victory with Lance withdrawing Dragonite. 

"Seems you are the official strongest of our generation. Congrats man! Now win this tournament and become the first person to win a tournament after just becoming a trainer," Lance says to me as we meet up and shake hands. 

"Thanks, man, though I doubt I will even be able to beat Red, and if I somehow do… I'm not sure if I can beat Blue," I say to Lance who nods his head. 

"Either way give it your best and show the world that our generation is the strongest one to have appeared yet," Lance says as he walks out of the arena to get his Pokémon healed. 

"There will be a one-hour intermission for the last two contestants to heal up and prepare for their last battle today! Then tomorrow, we will have them battle the champion! With a possible new one afterward!" the President of the Pokémon League says after Lance and I shake hands. 

I then go to the Pokémon Center in the arena, letting both Mamoswine and Leo rest and heal up. Annihilape has been hiding in my shadow ever since we arrived here, not leaving or speaking only watching. However, I could sense a budding excitement from him at the very high possibility of fighting without holding back against Red's team. 

As the hour was up, I walked out to see Red walking over to his spot. We both gave one another a look over. His appearance reminded me of Ash, as they were almost identical. Red was a handsome man in his late twenties, with fair skin, black hair, and dark brown eyes. We both took our spots staring at one another, as my nervousness was spiking as this was the most important battle of my life right here. 

"Please send out your first Pokémon," the referee says seeing us both ready. 

Like usual I sent out Mamoswine, who appeared with an elephant's roar. Then Red sent out a Raichu who stared down Mamoswine with an indifferent face. All of Red's Pokémon were at least King Ranked, so far he only has shown two of them. Raichu was only defeated by his last opponent and a Machamp. I can only imagine his ace, who is a Charizard, is an Emperor Ranked Pokémon. 

"Begin!" the referee says. 

Immediately Mamoswine began buffing himself. However, right after his first buff, Raichu rushed him and used a Brick Break with his tail. Mamoswine tried to block the attack with his one tusk, which he did successfully but it caused his one tusk to shatter. 

Raichu didn't give Mamoswine any breathing room, as he began charging up another Brick Break. While Mamoswine began charging up a Blizzard. As expected Raichu had complete mastery over his moves, already finishing his Brick Break as he attacked Mamoswine. 

Mamoswine sacrificed his other tusk, blocking the attack, and then released his Blizzard which struck Raichu. We heard Raichu cry out in pain, but then Mamoswine cried out in pain making the Blizzard stop as Raichu landed another Brick Break on Mamoswine who couldn't dodge or block the attack. 

Mamoswine with an annoyed growl, released a Earthquake. Raichu easily avoided and jumped over Mamoswine while landing behind him right as the Earthquake passed by. Raichu then landed another Brick Break on Mamoswine making his one leg buckle under his weight. 

'Try to take another hit head-on, but use Heavy Slam right as Raichu strikes you,' I say seeing Raichu charging up another Brick Break. 

Mamoswine turns right as Raichu uses his tail to smash into Mamoswine's other leg from the front. Mamoswine lets out a cry but with a defiant roar slams into Raichu crushing him under his weight. Raichu lets out a surprised cry as he is crushed between Mamoswine and the ground. 

Raichu then appears to have used some electric type move in a panic at being crushed. However, Mamoswine is immune to them and instead stood up before crushing Raichu again who tried to move, but appeared to have broken one of his legs in the fall. Mamoswine crushed Raichu under his weight again making Raichu cry out in pain. 

Mamoswine then pushed himself up slowly as both of his legs were heavily injured. After standing up we see an unmoving Raichu, who appears to have several broken bones. Red withdrew Raichu while seeming to give him encouraging words for fighting as he stabilized Raichu. 

"Raichu is unable to battle! Trainer Red please send out your next Pokémon," the referee says seeing this happen. 

As expected Red sends out Machamp, who smashes all four of his fists together at appearing. Machamp appears to be excited to battle, as he stares down Mamoswine with a glint in his eyes. 

'Mamoswine, try to use Fissure because we both know you won't be able to last,' I say to Mamoswine who nods his head. 

"Begin!" the referee says as I pray to the god of luck to let Mamoswine somehow get this win. 

Machamp immediately charges Mamoswine who is waiting for Machamp to get as close as possible. Machamp is completely covered in fighting-type energy as he closes the distance between them. While Mamoswine gathered his ground-type energy in his one good front leg. 

Just as Machamp was a few feet from Mamoswine, Mamoswine stomped the ground. For a split second nothing happened, making Mamoswine wince since the move mostly fails every time it is used. However, right as Machamp closed the distance and looked to TKO Mamoswine, he fell into the open ground. 

Right as he fell the ground closed on him crushing him completely, sounding like it turned his bones to dust. Machamp didn't even cry out in pain as he was instantly knocked unconscious. Red and everyone, including Mamoswine and myself, were completely shocked at the event. 

"No shit, thanks RNG Jesus," I say as we all thought Mamoswine was going to be taken out right away. 

"...Machamp is unable to battle! Trainer Red please send out your next Pokémon," the referee says snapping out of his stupor and giving his normal line. 

Red nodded his head withdrawing Machamp and stabilizing him. Red then gave me a new look of surprise and respect as I was the first to defeat two of his Pokémon. He then sent out his next Pokémon, which was a Lapras. 

Lapras is a marine reptilian Pokémon that resembles a plesiosaur. It has a blue hide with darker blue spots and a cream-colored underside. It has large brown eyes, a short horn on its forehead, and tightly curled ears. It has a long neck and four flippers. The foremost flippers are larger than the hind. On its back is a heavy, gray shell covered in blunt knobs.

"Begin!" the referee says seeing us ready again. 

Mamoswine, grunted in pain as he moved himself slightly to face Lapras who was staring at him unmoving. Then she used Rain Dance to make the arena start to have a rain storm. Inside the arena, it was now downpouring, making it harder to see as it was raining that much. 

Mamoswine with a growl forced himself to begin to move toward Lapras, as she remained still. Then she almost immediately charged up a Hydro Pump and blasted toward Mamoswine. Mamoswine used his move, Endure as the blast of water struck him making him stumble back and collapse. 

Mamoswine then stood up again and began moving toward Lapras who looked annoyed she didn't take him down. Again she immediately charged up another Hydro Pump, just as she released the move, Mamoswine reached her and used Heavy Slam. 

Mamoswine crushed her under his weight, right as she blasted him with the move knocking him out. Lapras wiggled her way out from under Mamoswine but looked heavily bruised as Mamoswine crushed her heavily. 

"Mamoswine is unable to battle! Trainer Lucas, please send out your next Pokémon," the referee says as everyone is surprised that one of my Pokémon was able to take out two of Red's Pokémon, plus Red is suspected of becoming the next champion of the region. 

"Leo, just focus on electrocuting her and give her no time to react," I say as I toss out Leo's Poké ball with him appearing in the heavy rain storm. 

Leo appeared with a very annoyed look as he was not a fan of rain or water in general. The two Pokémon stared at one another, with annoyance in bother their eyes. While Red looked at me with excitement, as I was the first person in this tournament to really challenge him. 

"Begin!" the referee says seeing everyone ready. 

12