Ch.45
292 7 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"For you Trainer Bruno, your Rank will be increased to Elite Trainer. As for a position, you have two options, first, try to fight for a spot in the Elite Four. Or you can take a position in the League's Exploration Unit," the President says, talking to the Trainer who I can now see is a younger Bruno, and looking at him, I can see his jacked body underneath his clothes. 

"I wish to attempt a spot in the Elite Four," Bruno says as the President nods his head, handing over the New ID badge for his Rank. 

Bruno then takes his leave following a staff member to wherever. The President then turns to Lance, leaving me for last it seems. Lance stiffens up at the look of the most powerful man in the world. 

"Trainer Lance, your skill and age is very commendable. We see a very bright future ahead of you, a possible Champion of the region. That is why we wish to offer you a Position on the Elite Four, one of the other members is retiring so we want you to take the spot," the President says as Lance's eyes widen at hearing the offer. 

"I'll take it! Thank you!" Lance says immediately after breaking out of his surprise. 

Lance is smiling as he follows another staff member out of the room to wherever they are taking him. After he leaves, all three of the men look at me with serious faces. I can see an excited glint in Red's eyes, while I become slightly nervous at the stares. 

"Trainer Lucas Brinton, son of Blaine Brinton, and Student of Professor Oak. You have some amazing backing, along with some amazing talent. Everyone in the league, Blue Oak included, believed that Red Ketchum would have easily taken the Championship title. However, you have proven that was not the case," the President says with a serious look and excitement in his eyes now too. 

"You are one of the extremely few talented trainers we have seen so young across the League. That is why we are making you a Champion Ranked Trainer without having won a Title of your own first. Red told us that you could have beaten him if you had some more experience and a full team. Something we could see even without his official statement," the President says as Red slides me my new Trainer ID, showing I'm now considered a Champion Ranked Trainer, making me the same Rank as him and Blue. 

"Congratulations you are now the youngest person in League history to have gotten a Champion Ranked Title," the President says as Blue and Red both clap for me. 

"Thank you… I don't know what to say," I say to them taking my new ID and looking at the platinum medal of the ID with golden engravings. 

"As we can't offer you a Champion Ranked position in this region or another, you can take a spot on the Elite Four. However, there is another position I'd like you to consider first. For someone with your talent, we'd like to offer you the same position as Blue has taken," the President says as I look at Blue who is giving me a blank look. 

"You would officially be a Colonel in the League Exploration Unit. Only answering to myself and the leaders of the Exploration Unit. However, in actuality you would be allowed full autonomy and discretion to explore the world, discovering new places we can try to inhibit or Pokémon we haven't seen yet. You would only be required to answer calls from me or other higher members of the League," the President says as I take in this information.

"So I can explore the world and have full access to League Resources? Plus could I explore other regions?" I say wanting to know if I could boost my Pokémon even further free of Charge. 

"You would have complete access to resources necessary to explore the wilderness or things relating to that. However, you would still have to pay for items that help you personally or your team, but at a huge discount if purchased from the League directly. Plus if you find an item or Pokémon the league would trade it at equal value for an item," the President says as I nod my head realizing the huge benefits of this position. 

"The position is basically reserved for previous Champions and now a huge talent like yourself," Blue says speaking for the first time. 

"Then I accept," I say nodding my head. 

"Great! Then you can follow Blue and he'll bring you to the legal department to sign some papers. He can answer any questions you might have and explain the basic duties of the position," the President says standing up and shaking my hand before taking his leave. While Red smiles at me and shakes my hand and follows after the President. 

"Follow me," Blue says once they leave. 

"So any questions?" Blue asks as we walk to the legal department. 

"Not right now… Though will there be like a pamphlet or book explaining all the dos and don'ts?" I say since all I want to know is the basics since the President himself explained I could do what I want as long as I don't harm the league in any way. 

"There will be a huge stack of papers that you can read through explaining all the legalities of the position. But in reality, it is a position reserved for previous Champions to keep them tied to the League while giving them the freedom to explore the world for the league. The benefits are great, but for people who like to be busy, it can be a very boring job. As we could just sit at home all day doing nothing or explore the wilderness risking running into an unknown powerful Pokémon," Blue says explaining the reality of the job to me which he kept to himself in front of the President. 

"So…" I say wanting to know if he was telling me to not take the position. 

"Just ask yourself do you like exploring the wilderness all day every day, seeing the unknown and risking it all potentially? Because you are young and not a previous Champion the League would want you to keep growing, not allowing you to sit at home doing nothing. You will be pressured into growing to your full potential risking your life in the unknown, as you did not reach your peak like I or other previous Champions have. This position will push you to your limits and have you risking your life and your team's lives," Blue says as we stop to talk before entering the legal department. 

"Thanks for the honesty… Though I will still do it, as my team and I love battling and exploring. Plus I believe my team and I have only just scratched the surface of our potential. I want to see how far we can all come," I say looking at Blue with determination, while I feel my team feel the same as me. 

"Then I wish you and your team good luck… Here is my number, my Dad spoke highly of you, he rarely does that. So if you ever need my help call me," Blue says giving me his number before shaking my hand and taking his leave. 

"Thanks and good luck to you and your future endeavors!" I say as Blue nods his head walking away from me. 

Walking inside I talked to the woman at the front desk, she then redirected me to the head of the department. The head then has me sign and initial what feels like hundreds of papers. They then tell me the same thing the President did, that I can basically do what I want, go where I want with the League's complete backing. Though if only it is to benefit the league and not harm the league. 

Once it is all over they take my Trainer ID and add my new position in the Pokémon League. Afterward, I can see my first payment from the league making my bank account spike. Now it seems I will not need to worry about money anymore, now I can just see the world and bring out my Team's potential completely without worry.

Outside the League headquarters, Lance and Brock were waiting for me. We all then went out to celebrate together our new Ranks and positions. Brock raised his Trainer Rank to Ace trainer, he would be going back home to learn to take over his Dad's position as Gym leader. Lance became one of the Elite Four, which in this world are glorified trainers showing off each region's strongest trainers under the Champion. 

I then told them what my new position was and how I was the first person in the League's history to receive the Champion Rank without winning a tournament. Plus the first person to get the position I have in the league without being a region Champion previously. They both congratulated me, later I called my Dad and told him the same thing with him congratulating me and telling me he knew I was going to high places. 

The next morning, Professor Oak called me, to congratulate me on my new position as well. He told me about any new discoveries I make to let him know first and I promised him I would. Afterward, I headed home and spent a week just relaxing with my team and family. Then we planned on heading to Johto next, as I wanted to see all the regions from my past life before exploring the unknown. Plus I wanted to complete my team before exploring the unknown as well. 

After relaxing at home, I got onto a Cruise from Cinnabar Island to Goldenrod City in Johto. Waving goodbye to my Dad and his team, my team and I boarded the cruise going to our royal suite on the ship. As now I had the money I could burn for these things. We spent the next three weeks on the cruise just relaxing, eating, and drinking. Many people recognized me, but after doing pictures and autographs with a few dozen people, the staff on board made it clear to everyone to stop bothering me. 

Eventually, we finally arrived in Goldenrod City where we were completely surprised at the huge place. Goldenrod City is a huge sprawling metropolis and it is the largest city in the region and one of the largest cities in the Pokémon world. Goldenrod is the center of the region's economy and telecommunications. The major attractions are the Goldenrod Radio Tower, the city's Department Store, Game Corner, Magnet Train, Global Terminal, and the Pokémon League Gym.

"So, where to first?" I asked my team as the place reminded me of New York Times Square or Center City Tokyo, as it was extremely crowded with people and Pokémon everywhere. 

13