Ch.49
275 2 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Milotic coat yourself before attacking," I say as Milotic begins using Mirror Coat and starts charging her Water-type power. 

"Slugma, buff up!" Flannery says as Slugma begins using Amnesia and Harden. 

Just as Slugma begins charging up his Fire-type powers, Milotic releases her move. A powerful jet of boiling hot water shoots out from her mouth toward Slugma. The jet of water was faster than Slugma could hope to move and gets struck headfirst by the jet of water. Slugma cries out in pain as Milotic critical hits him from her strike. 

Out of anger, Slugma who is barely standing sends a blast of Flames toward Milotic who is just staring down Slugma with disinterest. The blast of Fire washes over Milotic, but her Mirror Coat blocks the attack completely and then sends a wave of energy back toward Slugma matching the strength of his Flamethrower. Slugma opens his eyes in surprise before being knocked unconscious by the reversal from Mirror Coat. 

"Slugma is unable to battle! The winners are Champion Lucas and Milotic! Please send out your next Pokémon," Flannery's Dad says seeing this happen, as the crowd is cheering this on. Flannery looks upset at the hard loss but steels her resolve and sends out her next Pokémon. 

Appearing in the arena is a Camerupt, which is a quadrupedal Pokémon that resembles a Bactrian camel. It has two gray volcanoes on its back, which are bigger on a female's back than on a male's back. It also has a stout body with red shaggy fur and three blue ring-shaped markings on both sides. It has bangs on top of its head, droopy ears, and a tan fur-less muzzle.

"Begin!" Flannery's Dad says once she is ready. 

"Milotic, reapply your coat and strike back again," I say as Milotic begins using Mirror Coat and then charging up for another Scald. 

"Camerupt, buff up quickly, and be prepared to dodge!" Flannery says as Camerupt starts using Amnesia and Focus Energy. 

Milotic releases another Scald toward Camerupt who is too slow to dodge it too. However, Camerupt has a much better defense than Slugma as she tanks the hit using her rocky volcanic back to take the brunt of the attack. Then Milotic becomes annoyed that her strike didn't do anything, so she begins charging up more Water-type energy though for Surf this time.

Camerupt then rears up like Mamoswine, just much smaller, and slams the ground. An Earthquake is then released toward Milotic just as Milotic releases her Surf. Water then rushes out from her filling the arena with a huge wave of water. The two attacks strike their opponents at the same time, though Milotic just grunts in pain as the attack is not that effective against her. 

Meanwhile, Camerupt gives a short cry in pain, before literally drowned out by the wave of water that took over the arena. Flannery then quickly withdrew Camerupt since the water was slowly being drained, but Camerupt was too heavy to swim. Plus it looked like Camerupt was knocked unconscious from the attack. Milotic looked very proud of herself seeing her two opponents taken out. 

"You're doing good Milotic, but don't let the victories get to your head," I say as my much more experienced team members agree with me telling her the same thing. 

Flannery then sends out her last Pokémon, which is a Torkoal. Torkoal is a tortoise-like, quadrupedal Pokémon. It has a large, black, rock-like shell with holes that glow with a red warmth. Its skin is reddish-brown with gray-black bands on its legs and neck. It has a long neck and its eyes seem permanently closed. Torkoal is her starter and should be her strongest Pokémon, but with Milotic's type advantage, she should have no issue. 

"Milotic, jump right into attacking," I say since her Mirror Coat is still active. 

"Quickly buff up and be prepared to withdraw!" Flannery says to Torkoal who immediately begins charging up for Iron Defense and Amnesia.

Milotic then released another Surf filling the arena with water once again, just Torkoal used Iron Defense and then withdrew into her shell. Not only did the attack not do much damage but Torkoal appeared to be able to hold her breath long enough for the arena to disperse the rest of the water. 

"Milotic, use Dragon Pulse," I say since that should be able to get through the shell damaging her through the energy waves. 

Torkoal then used Amnesia right as Milotic released Dragon Pulse. Torkoal once again withdrew into her shell. However, the Dragon Pulse hit her shell and it made it vibrate as the energy pulsated through the shell making Torkoal cry out in pain coming out of her shell in the process. 

"Use Giga Impact!" Flannery says as Torkoal begins moving toward Milotic. 

"Milotic use Dragon Breath," I say as Torkoal begins charging forward. 

Just as Torkoal gets close enough Milotic releases a blue fiery wave of Dragconic energy toward Torkoal. Torkoal then skids to a stop as she withdraws in her shell, and the wave of fiery energy washes over her. 

'When Torkoal pops back out, hit her with a Scald,' I say through our connection as Milotic begins charging up her next move. 

Torkoal then comes out to strike Milotic with a Giga Impact, but just as she pops back out, Milotic releases her move. The powerful boiling hot water strikes Torkoal right in the face making her cry out in pain. However, Torkoal pushes through the pain and smashes into Milotic who cries out in pain from the strike. 

"Milotic finish it with another Dragon Pulse," I say as she begins to charge up another attack.

"Torkoal, use another Giga Impact!" Flannery shouts trying to atleast take down Milotic before losing. 

The two appear to finish at the same time, with Torkoal launching herself toward Milotic who releases the move at Torkoal. The wave of energy passes through Torkoal just as she strikes Milotic. The two Pokémon fall into a heap on the floor and neither moves after a few seconds. 

"Both Pokémon are unable to battle! The winner of the battle is Champion Lucas!" Flannery's Dad says as we both withdraw our Pokémon after stabilizing them. 

While the crowd is cheering and I'm sure spreading the news of the battle, Flannery walks over to me with her hand out. I grab it returning the handshake as she looks at me with more respect and awe. 

"I'm glad we fought! It shows me just how far I'm behind a truly talented trainer. You should fight my old friend Steven Stone," Flannery says to me and I know of him, the newest and current Champion of the Hoenn region and a few years older than me. 

"That's fine. I'm just here to sightsee and train my newest members of my team," I say immediately dismissing that idea since I'd rather not battle trainers unless I need to. Plus since we are both Champion Ranks, it would be this huge thing. 

"Ok, your choice, but I'm telling him you are here. Though I'm sure he already knows since everyone was live-streaming the battle just now," Flannery says pointing to the crowd of people who are now being ushered out of the gym. 

"Champion Lucas, thank you for taking the time to accept my Daughter's challenge and not going all out against her," Flannery's Dad says walking over to us. 

"Wait! What?!" Flannery says having thought Milotic was one of my stronger team members. 

"Flannery, if he used any of his team from the tournament. Your Pokémon could have been crippled," Flannery's Dad says looking at his daughter confused since she didn't know Milotic was not part of my Tournament team. 

"I should go," I say since Flannery looks ready to rechallenge me, but her Dad holds her back while waving goodbye to me. 

I then heal up Milotic at the Pokémon Center, before we all start to make our way to Lilycove City and then from there we will head to Sootopolis City which is the only city built in a hidden cove. The only access is from underwater or helicopter rides from Lilycove City. 

On the way to Lilycove City, we stop at Fortree City to resupply and rest for a few days. Then got back onto the road towards Lilycove City. After another few hours, we finally arrived there and relaxed for a few days before getting a very expensive fancy helicopter ride to Sootopolis Coty. It cost more than usual since I booked it for myself and my team only. However, Mamoswine couldn't come out due to his size, while Leo just barely fit inside. 

Then we finally arrived in Sootopolis City and it was truly the most beautiful place I've seen in either of my lives. Sootopolis City is located inside of a giant crater, the crater was formed by a giant meteorite impact into the ocean of the Hoenn region a thousand years ago, eventually filling with rainwater. People soon began to dwell in the crater for its warm, fresh water and a city soon came forth after. 

There is only one tree inside the whole city and it is known as 'The Great Tree' in front of the Cave of Origin was received from AZ when he visited the Kalos region. The tree became so large that it almost reached the top of the crater which is several hundred feet from sea level. The rumor is the seal on the Sky Pillar can also only be opened by a descendant of the ancient Sootopolitans.

This City is a tropical paradise and only very rich tourists come here, trainers, or the native inhabitants. Because of is beauty and the Sky Pillar being an important research center for the league, they ensure the city is well taken care of with supplies and anything else they need. While here I bought diving gear that can be stored easily in my pack which is almost like a bag of holding from DnD in my past life. 

I also took a couple of week-long courses while here on diving that way I have the skills to dive with Milotic who loves the ocean with an extreme passion. I also learned how to use my Psychic abilities to keep the water pressure from affecting me. I can keep the protection for as long as my air tank lasts, which is a few hours since I trained my body to use minimal oxygen while diving since it would normally last only an hour with the average person. 

Then Milotic and I took our first dive down, plus I bought the newest rebreather for my air tank pushing my few hours down here to now several hours, up to eight. Wearing my gear and making sure my team was secured in their Poké balls, excluding Annihilape since he doesn't need to breathe now being part Ghost-Type. I gave Milotic the thumbs up sign and jumped into the water from the ledge touching the ocean in the city. 

Milotic swam underneath me as I grabbed hold of her and she quickly took us deeper underwater. If not for my abilities which can sense my surroundings I would be completely lost in the darkness below, which Milotic can easily see in. Then we got out from the shadow of the Crater and the water brightened up making it easy to see now. I was taken aback by seeing the beauty of this underwater landscape. 

The spectacular coral assemblages of hard and soft corals and thousands of water-type Pokémon provide a myriad of brilliant colors, shapes, and sizes. The place reminded me of my old life's Great Barrier Reef as this place was amazing. All the Pokémon gave Milotic a wide birth, while the local Feebas came over to greet the evolution of their kind. We then spent the next several hours exploring the reef and just enjoying the scene. 

13