Ch.53
229 3 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As Cynthia was taking down notes, I walked back outside and climbed the pyramid to the top. Once there I could see out to the rest of the city and it appears to be just an old ruin. However, in the center on top of the pyramid was an orb, subtly radiating powerful Ghost-type energy. The orb was a pitch-black color, with very small amounts of purplish energy swirling around in the center one would miss without looking closely. 

'We should take this… I fear in the wrong hands it could corrupt someone to release… something,' Annihilape says to me as he appears next to me staring at the orb with nervousness like me. 

'I agree… but I'm not touching that. Maybe Professor Oak would have something we can use, or request he come take it. He's the only one I'd trust to keep it safe,' I say while we look at the orb. 

'True…' Annihilape says nodding his head. 

I then pulled out my phone which could even reach the specially made satellites and called Professor Oak. I forgot the time zones were different as it was the middle of the night and he answered after a few rings. 

"Lucas… This better be important–" Professor Oak says but I turn the camera on showing him the orb we are looking at. 

"I'm with an archeologist in the Sinnoh region, she made a discovery of an ancient city under the main mountain. We are currently exploring it and I found this… You need to come here, I don't trust anyone else with this… thing," I say as Professor Oak goes silent. 

"I'll be there in an hour, send me your coordinates," Professor Oak says and hangs up as I send him my exact location. 

Then I call Professor Rowan and tell him the discovery that Cynthia and I made. He then makes a few phone calls for me to get a team together to see the place. I then walk down the pyramid and wait for Professor Oak. Cynthia is still under the pyramid taking notes of everything. 

As an hour goes by, we can sense a heavy amount of psychic energy from a few feet from the pyramid. Then Professor Oak and his Alakazam appear right after. He looks around real quick before nodding to me and I bring him to the pyramid top. He looks at the orb for a few seconds were Alakazam tells him the same thing Annihilape told me. 

"Does anyone else know about this?" Professor Oak says to me as we are looking at it. 

"No, Cynthia, the archeologist I'm with under the pyramid taking notes. Professor Rowan is gathering a team and should be here in a few more hours," I say as he nods his head. 

"Good… This is nothing I've ever seen or heard of before," Professor Oak says looking at it and not touching knowing it is bad news. 

"Alakazam, Lucas, together you both should be able to put it in this protective case," Professor Oak says taking out a small case that looks like it can survive a God Ranked attack.

Together with Alakazam, we manage to not touch the orb, even with our psychic abilities in fear of activating it, and get it into the case. Once in the case, Professor Oak quickly closes it and locks it. Then we all let out a small relieved sigh as the ominous pressure disappeared with the case being closed. 

"Put your fingerprint here," Professor Oak says and I place it on the case for a second making it beep in response. 

"Now only you and I have access to the orb… I'll let you know what I find about it. Now, I'm gonna stick around since this place is cool," Professor Oak says walking down the pyramid. 

As we walk down the pyramid Cynthia is just coming back out from the bottom. She pauses seeing Professor Oak who is a world-famous researcher and Pokémon trainer. Cynthia looks like she is processing seeing one of the most famous and reclusive people in the world. 

"Hello, I'm Professor Oak, a friend and mentor of Lucas," Professor Oak says offering his hand in greeting to Cynthia. 

"Nice to meet you…," Cynthia says shaking his hand. 

"What's under the pyramid?" Professor Oak asks me walking over to the one entrance. 

"Ancient scripture and a very interesting statute of what appears to be an ancient Pokémon," Cynthia says speaking to him excitedly and showing him what she discovered down there. 

I wait outside with Mamoswine, Garchomp, and Alakazam as the two people are discussing the new discovery. As the two were going over the discovery, Professor Rowan and his team arrived securing the area. Then Professor Rowan walked over to me, as Cynthia and Professor Oak came back out hearing the arrival of more people. 

"Rowan, long time no see," Professor Oak says seeing Professor Rowan. 

"Oak, what are you doing here?" Professor Rowan says looking at him confused at his appearance here. 

"Lucas asked me to come to look at the new discovery. Figured I might as well considering, I was not busy," Professor Oak says as Professor Rowan stares at us for a bit before shrugging his shoulders. 

"Find anything of interest?" Professor Rowan asks us as the team scatters to begin surveying the place. 

"Cynthia discovered this place and took a bunch of notes on the underground temple. The top has nothing but an empty pedestal," I say as Cynthia comes over and begins telling Professor Rowan about the discoveries. 

"I'm gonna head out now and leave the rest to you," Professor Oak says walking past Professor Rowan and Cynthia who nod their heads to him. Then as they two are talking Professor Oak walks over to me. 

"Keep the Orb between us for now. Once I figure more about it we'll talk," Professor Oak says to me quietly and then pats my shoulder. 

"Talk to you later," I say nodding my head as Professor Oak leaves with Alakazam. 

Over the next few hours, the place is locked down with more and more people arriving to make an easier way to access it. Plus they needed to make the cavern more safe reinforcing it in certain areas while keeping it intact for the research team. During that time, I helped Cynthia decipher the ancient language on the stone slab in front of the Regigigas statue. 

Using her notes of previous sites, and the help of Professor Rowan we managed to decipher the script. 

The script states that if the three legendary giants are brought together once again, the original giant will awaken. Once awakened the giant will go on a rampage destroying its surroundings, however, only a powerful person can subdue it and befriend the original giant. Plus it stated the original giant was the only known being to combat the creature in the other world. 

'So Regigigas once fought Giratina in the past and was the main force to relock it in its dimension,' I think after we make out the script while Cynthia and Rowan are trying to understand what it means. 

"Do either of you know about the three golem like Pokémon in the Hoenn Region?" I ask them shedding some light about what I know. They both look like they are trying to remember. 

"You mean the legendary three Pokémon there, Regice, Regirock, and Registeel?" Professor Rowan says having now understood my reference. 

"Yes, I believe it is talking about them. The ancient people must have seen or heard of them. That once those three are brought together they could summon or awaken this Pokémon the statue looks like," I say giving my two cents on the matter. 

"Possibly…," Professor Rowan says nodding his head while deep in thought. 

"Not like we'll ever know unless someone captures them and the league lets them bring them here or wherever the location is needed," Cynthia says shrugging, now confirming that the original temple of Regigigas has not been discovered. 

Cynthia and I got some rest as the team went about their work, and then the following morning I planned on leaving. However, I wanted to ask Cynthia to join me since she knows a lot about the region and a part of me was interested in her. After letting her wake up I walked over to her as she was going through her notes on this place. 

"Cynthia…" I say getting her attention as she looks at me curiously. 

"I was wondering if you wanted to keep traveling with me for now. Since I still believe there are undiscovered places here," I say to her and now that I'm not in a rush for a tournament having a traveling companion would be nice, plus an attractive one. 

"Hmm… Sure, though I'd like to stay here for a few more days before heading out," Cynthia says after thinking for a bit. 

"Uh, sure," I say nodding my head and deciding to wait for her while making my team continue to practice their moves and absorb items. 

Over the next few days, this place became very crowded with dozens of researchers, even more guards, and a few representatives from the Pokémon League who took down my statement. During that time Professor Oak called me back telling me he hasn't been able to find anything more about the orb and that it is nothing like he's ever seen before. 

Finally, after a few small interviews with some local and worldwide news agencies, Cynthia and I left the place behind. I was just glad to be back outside and in the sunlight along with just the natural smells and sights around me. Being underground for about a week made me a bit stir-crazy. 

"So where to now?" Cynthia says looking at me since I asked her to tag along with me. 

"Has anyone been to the top of the largest mountain here?" I ask since that should be where the ancient temple to Palkia and Dialga should be. 

"A few times… why are you thinking the old temple is hiding something?" Cynthia says confirming that it was already discovered and researched. 

"No, was just wondering… However, I think that the place you discovered is only a reference to the real temple of that Pokémon Statue… Though I'm not sure where it would be," I say knowing it should be in the far north in the snowy area of the region, I just have no way of knowing that without revealing I know about it somehow.

"Obviously somewhere deep in the wilderness… Though there are only a few places like that, that are still closed off to the public… Like the Battle Zone Island, deep in the wilderness above Snowpoint City, and the two small islands off the coast to the west," Cynthia says while thinking about the possibilities. 

"We can explore them all, as I feel we should. But let's start with the area above Snowpoint City, which should have an old temple there, considering the temple in the city," I say giving my reason to go there first. 

"Sure, though I bet that place was already walked through by trainers like yourself before," Cynthia says shrugging not believing there is something undiscovered there. 

We then begin our long trek to the very north of the region. During that time we became more friendly with one another. Cynthia who I thought was open, became even more talkative once we became friendly. There were times I thought she wouldn't stop talking as hours would go by with her constantly talking about anything and everything. 

Finally, we arrived in Snowpoint City, we headed to the old temple there first just to see it before heading out. Plus we wanted to rest in the city for a few days relaxing before heading out. That and we needed to resupply anyway, once we did everything and resupplied we headed out of the city and further north, past the lake nearby. 

11