Ch.56
354 2 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Cynthia and I spent the next few weeks just relaxing at the resort and going on a few more dates. By the end of our month's stay, we decided to head out to find Shaymin and Heatran who I knew should be somewhere on this island. Cynthia was trusting my instinct for this, not knowing I had otherworldly knowledge. 

"There is not much here that hasn't been explored, so where are we going?" Cynthia asks me as we start walking to Mt. Stark the place where Heatran should reside deep inside. 

"I believe there should be a Pokémon in Mt. Stark that has yet to be seen. Just a feeling I'm having," I say to her, as I make the excuse that I get 'gut' feelings and they haven't led me wrong yet. 

"Ok, guess your gut would be right considering everything so far," Cynthia says shrugging as I nod my head.

Now that we are dating, Cynthia is a lot more physically attached to me. Walking closer to me holding my hand or leaning against me. I don't mind it at all, I just noticed how our relationship is growing with time. Thankfully as we were walking we didn't come across anyone to challenge us. 

'Guess I jinxed us,' I thought right as another couple walked toward us with an excited look. 

"Do you two want to battle? We can have a double battle!" the woman asks us as the man smiles excitedly at the idea. I look over to Cynthia who nods her head with an excited look too. 

"Sure, though are we doing what are we doing? Three vs Three in a double battle? What are the winning rewards?" I ask as I sigh internally. 

"Three vs Three sounds good and how about Ten Thousand for the winners?" the man says as I shrug. 

"Agreed!" Cynthia says and we find a place we can battle just nearby. 

The man sent out a Luxray and the woman sent out a Vespiquen. Luxray is a quadrupedal Pokémon resembling a fully-grown lion. While its face, hind legs, torso, and the back of its front legs are blue, much of its body is covered with shaggy, black fur. The fur is longer around the shoulders and the base of the tail and forms a mane on its head. The mane is larger on the male than on the female. It has yellow eyes with red sclerae, a blunt muzzle, and rounded ears with yellow insides. The eyes change color when using its ability. There are three yellow half-rings on the back of each foreleg. Its long, thin tail is tipped with a yellow four-pointed star.

Vespiquen is a bee-like Pokémon with a typical insect-like, three-part body, divided into an abdomen, thorax, and head. It has a yellow- and black-striped abdomen, which flares out from a thin, waist-like protrusion under its thorax in a manner that resembles an elegant ballgown. Underneath the expansive abdomen are seven orange, honeycomb-like cells that serve as a nest for baby Combee; the centermost cell, however, surrounds what appears to be a slender, yellow, more insect-like abdomen, which is often obscured by the 'gown' part of its abdomen. Vespiquen has black arms that each consist of two thin, conical segments. Each arm ends in two small, orange claws. It flies with a pair of relatively small wings, each of which consists of two stacked, translucent teardrop segments. Vespiquen's arms and wings attach to its round thorax, which is yellow on the front, black on the back, and orange on each side where its arms attach. A curved line on its back, between its orange shoulders, separates its thorax and waist. Vespiquen's head consists of its face and horns, Its orange face has intimidating red eyes; yellow mandibles that protrude from its face and connect to its horns; and a large, red gem on its forehead.

At the same time, Cynthia sends out her Spiritomb and I send out Milotic. I would send out Ralts, but she is still mastering her moves and growing. While Milotic could still use the experience of battling. We all stare at one another for a few seconds determining everyone is ready and then the battle begins. 

"Milotic set the stage," I command as Milotic uses Mirror Coat and Rain Storm. 

"Spiritomb, buff up," Cynthia says as Spiritomb uses Calm Mind and Nasty Plot. 

Luxray at the same time as our Pokémon uses Leer and Charge, while Vespiquen uses Defense Order and Aromatic Mist. Milotic then begins charging up an Ice Beam for Vespiquen as Spiritomb charges up a Shadow Ball for Luxray. Luxray then charges up his electric-type energy while Vespiquen charges up her bug-type energy. 

Milotic having mastered her moves, was the first to finish with her releasing a beam of icy energy toward Vespiquen. Vespiquen just barely manages to dodge the strike, though not completely as her one wing becomes partially frozen. Vespiquen grimaced in pain as she almost fell to the ground from having one wing partially frozen. 

Luxray then charges Milotic with the electric-type energy surrounding his body. Milotic began to quickly move out of the way, but just before Luxray could strike Milotic Spiritomb released her Shadow Ball. The Shadow Ball sped out toward Luxray as he was mid-jump to strike Milotic and smashed into his side. 

Luxray cried out in pain as he was flung and smashed into a tree nearby. Milotic then quickly finished preparing her next move, using Scald on Luxray who couldn't dodge the strike. The boiling hot jet of water smacked right into the downed Luxray making him cry out in pain again. 

Vespiquen then released her next move several barely visible slashes of air flew toward Spiritomb. Spiritomb speed is so low that she can not dodge the move and the slashes of air cut through her ghostly body. Spiritomb cries in pain as a small crack appears on the stone that houses her body. 

Spiritomb then retaliates with her move Poltergeist making a few rocks nearby fly toward Vespiquen with ghost-type energy radiating off of them. Vespiquen was able to dodge a few of the rocks, but a handful struck her making her grunt in pain. 

Milotic then released her next move at the same time Luxray released his too. Luxray once again charged Milotic with electrical energy around his body. Just as Luxray got close Milotic used Aqua Tail to smack Luxray away. However, Luxray used that to shock Milotic with his move making both Pokémon cry out in pain. Though Milotic just stayed in her stop as the electrical energy racked her body, with Luxray once again being launched away from the strike. 

Right after Luxray was launched away from Milotic's Aqua Tail, Vespiquen used Hurricane as a huge amount of flying type energy filled the area. Right as Vespiquen released Hurricane striking both Milotic and Spiritomb, Spiritomb released her move against Vespiquen. Spiritomb used Dark Pulse hitting Vespiquen spot on as she fell to the ground in pain. The Hurricane made both Spiritomb and Milotic cry in pain as the wind made small cuts across Milotic's body and Spiritomb's rock. 

Milotic released a huge wave that surged toward all Pokémon in the area. With Spiritomb quickly used Protect right as the wave crashed on her. The wave moved past and smashed into the heavily injured Luxray making him cry out but got drowned out literally. While Vespiquen also got smashed in the huge wave making her cry out before also getting drowned out. 

As the wave disappeared, both Luxray and Vespiquen were knocked unconscious. Though Milotic looked out of breath, as half her energy and health were taken out, the same with Spiritomb. The man then sent out Gastrodon and the woman sent out Lopunny. A few seconds after sending them out the battle continued. 

Gastrodon is a sea slug-like Pokémon, its body is made up of a round head and a mantle covering the top half of its body. It has six stubby legs and two black eyes with white pupils, with a mark imitating a third eye appearing on its forehead. A yellow stripe runs along the edge of its mantle, through its two lower eyes, and around the back of its head.

Lopunny is a bipedal, rabbit-like Pokémon with dark brown fur and a short, round tail. It has pink eyes with black markings on the inner edge, long tufts of cream-colored fur above its eyes, and a small, pink nose. Similar tufts of fluffy cream-colored fur cover its wrists, lower legs, and the ends of its long ears, which bend shortly above its head. Lopunny is very proud of these ears and never fails to groom them. 

Right away Gastrodon looked ready to use Earthquake with Lopunny ready to dodge it. Milotic used another Ice Beam headed toward Gastrodon, with Spiritomb using another Dark Pulse headed toward Lopunny. 

Gastrodon was unable to dodge the Ice Beam as it struck him head on making him grunt in pain. Just after he released his Earthquake, with Lopunny jumping into the air heading toward Milotic. Right as Lopunny was mid jump Spiritomb released her Dark Pulse striking Lopunny making her cry out in pain. 

Then the Earthquake came and struck both Milotic and Spiritomb making both Pokémon cry in pain as Milotic struggled to stand with even more cracks appearing on Spiritomb's stone body. Right as Milotic was pushing herself back up Lopunny struck her with Hig Jump Kick. 

As soon as Lopunny connected with Milotic, her Mirror Coat activated, releasing all the pent-up damage from earlier and the new damage. Lopunny was sent flying back crying out in pain and smashing into the ground rolling a few feet until coming to a stop. While Milotic fell to the ground just barely keeping herself conscious. Though before she can become more injured I withdraw her and guester for Leo to take over. 

As soon as Leo entered the battle we continued, but the enemy Pokémon became very nervous feeling Leo's higher rank as they were just as strong as Milotic. Leo then used three moves as the others quickly began using their one showing his mastery and experience. 

Leo used Leer, Howl, and then Scared Fire which he learned from Entei. The Scared Fire washed over Gastrodon who normally would be very resistant to the type, but Leo easily outclassed him. After releasing his move Gastrodon didn't even cry out as he was knocked unconscious almost immediately. 

At the same time, Lopunny launched herself at Leo with another High Jump Kick, while Spiritomb used another Dark Pulse. Though Leo dodged the attack from Lopunny with his superior speed making her crash into the ground and injuring herself in the process. Just as she crashed into the ground Spiritomb released her Dark Pulse knocking out Lopunny who convulsed on the ground before passing out. 

The couple looked at one another in worry and surprise seeing that Milotic wasn't even near being one of my strongest. While Leo looks unimpressed, with Spiritomb barely holding on. The two then sent out their last Pokémon for the match. The man sent out Honchkrow and the woman sent out Espeon. Once again we stared at one another for a second or two before fighting again. 

Espeon is a quadrupedal, mammalian Pokémon with slender legs and dainty paws. It is covered in fine, lilac fur. Its ears are large, and it has purple eyes with white pupils. There are tufts of fur near its eyes and a small, red gem embedded in its forehead. It also has a thin, forked tail.

Honchkrow is a dark-blue avian Pokémon with plumage resembling a person dressed in formal attire, one that most resembles a mob boss. It has a large feather crest resembling a fedora hat that has spikes extending from the back. It has circular red eyes with white sclerae and dark blue eyelids. Its yellow beak is slightly curved, and its head is supported by a broad, short neck. Honchkrow has a white and prominent crest of feathers on its chest that bears a resemblance to a beard or cravat. Its wings have red feathers on the inside. Honchkrow has black feet with four toes. The tail's base is a white, cylindrical stalk, on which there is a growth of red feathers on the end.

9