Chapter 100: Kaidou
222 0 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After listening to Vivi's experiences, Ace empathized deeply and said, "We never get to choose our fathers at all. A bunch of nonsense just falls on our heads the moment we're born. What can we do about it? Declare loudly that we don't want these things? We can't just refuse them!"

Yamato nodded vigorously: "Exactly, I never wanted to have a father like Kaidou, but I had no choice."

Vivi chuckled dryly: "... Same here, I mean, I'm not exactly close to my father either."

After talking about their fathers, the trio began with their mothers.

"My mother died giving birth to me," Ace said.

Yamato looked pensive, "Kaidou never talks about my mother. She's probably dead for a long time."

Vivi: "Uh, my mother died young too."

The trio then brought out all the sake stored in the cellars of Onigashima. After all, it was Kaidou's sake and it would be a waste not to drink it!

Surprisingly, despite Kaidou's despicable character, his poor governing skills, and his lack of any sense of the big picture, his sake collection was exquisite!

Ace, who didn't have Yamato's perception, curiously asked Vivi, "What exactly is your Devil Fruit power?"

"Being rich!"

"For real?" 

"Nah, just messing with you!"

As they continued drinking until almost dawn, those who were knocked out by the Conqueror's Haki slowly began to wake up. After which, a signal that all civilians had been rescued and it was time to retreat came from Deuce, the first mate of the Spade Pirates.

Yamato, unable to leave, stood on the shore to bid them farewell.

"I will return within a year with the tool to save you. Then you'll come with me to Arabasta. The sea is such a lot of fun," Vivi said, making a promise. In her words, Mr. 3 had already become a tool to be used, not even considered a person.

Ace also had intentions to recruit Yamato, but his current priority was to challenge the Four Emperors. Complicated tasks like kidnapping and unlocking handcuffs were too tedious for him. With Vivi taking charge of the situation, he had no intention of interfering.

Leaving this barren land known as Onigashima to sail the seas and experience the diverse cultures and people of different nations could be said to be Yamato's long-held wish. She nodded earnestly, "I'm counting on you!"

Yamato's constant claims of being Kozuki Oden seemed to fade after hearing about the possibility of sailing the seas. Vivi speculated that there might still be hope for the girl's condition.

The Spade Pirates' ship, now carrying the rescued villagers of Wano, prepared to leave.

Red Hair, Whitebeard, Kaidou, and Big Mom were the Four Emperors who currently ruled the New World and stood at the pinnacle of the pirate world.

Kaidou, despite everything, was still the father of Yamato, and since he was not at home, Ace decided to give up on that target.

After fighting both Vivi and Yamato, Ace developed a slight wariness towards female fighters, although he would never admit it. His reasoning was that fighting women was cumbersome and affected his punching speed. Hence, he decided not to target Big Mom among the Four Emperors.

Ace planned to visit Shanks, one of the Four Emperors and an acquaintance of his, to gain a deeper understanding of the Emperors' strength. After that, he planned to challenge the 'Strongest Man in the World', Whitebeard!

"Oh, you're going after Whitebeard?" Vivi felt that she finally understood the course of Ace's fate. It should be this action that resulted in Ace being influenced by Whitebeard's charisma, and after being won over by the other party, he willingly became one of the other party's adopted sons, right?

Vivi understood that she couldn't, nor needed to, intervene in this.

She guessed that Ace would continue to venture deeper into the New World, while her path lay back at the beginning of the New World. Their paths diverged, so it wasn't possible to join Ace's journey.

With a Den Den Mushi at hand for communication, Vivi decided not to board Ace's ship and opted to stay in Wano Country for a few more days.

She returned to her clinic after saying goodbye to Ace. She called in several sumo wrestlers and continued her bloodletting. Isis' healing ability was impressive, but the supply of pure blood had been used up earlier. This crucial trump card, capable of saving lives in an emergency, had to be replenished!

Bloodletting! Conversion! Bloodletting again! Another conversion...!

...

Kaidou was still chasing Golden Lion with his crew, seemingly determined to pursue him to the ends of the earth.

Taking advantage of Kaidou's absence, and with Ace, a sort of third wheel, also away, Vivi flew to Onigashima for three consecutive nights to have a drink with Yamato.

Their approach was quite bold. First, they collided with their Conqueror's Haki, causing a loud 'bang' that knocked out all the pirates on the island. Then they broke out Kaidou's collection of fine sake and began to drink heartily!

Vivi was unsure if it was a psychological effect, a result of practice, or if Kaidou's sake had some magical effect, but each time she depleted her Conqueror's Haki, it felt a little easier to control the next day.

The friendship between Vivi and Yamato was growing stronger. The latter was truly straightforward; this girl openly shared details about her Devil Fruit without any reservations.

She revealed that her Devil Fruit was the Mythical Zoan-type Inu Inu no Mi, Model: Okuchi no Makami.

Vivi didn't fully understand what 'Okuchi no Makami' meant, and Yamato couldn't explain it clearly either. She only knew that it referred to a wolf-like guardian deity of Wano Country. Since she was wearing Seastone handcuffs, she was unable to transform and could only describe it verbally.

While drinking together, Vivi and Yamato also discussed the relationship between their techniques, "Ikoku" and "Hakai."

Without the need for complex reasoning, it was obvious that both moves were derived from the Giant Tribe's "Spear of Elbaf: Hakoku."

Vivi and Yamato tried to coordinate their techniques twice. Although their synchronization was slightly off, in theory, the execution of both moves at the same time would be able to replicate 'Hakoku.'

During one of their drinking session, Yamato urged Vivi to touch her chest to prove that she was a "pure man." Vivi couldn't remember if she actually did it or not in her slightly drunken state...

"Ha ha ha ha — you don't know, Buggy the Clown was a crew member of the Pirate King. When I used Conqueror's Haki on that guy..." While she was tipsy bragging about her adventures, Vivi suddenly felt a chilling sensation. A terrifying flood of information hit her brain. Both her Observation Haki and the Voice of All Things ability simultaneously sounded an alarm - danger, extreme danger!

Vivi's eyes filled with panic as she broke into a cold sweat.

Looking at Yamato, she said, "Your father is coming back! I have to leave quickly! I'm leaving first, and I won't come back tomorrow either! I'll only come back after your father leaves."

Just as she was stepping out the door, Vivi saw a dark cloud approaching from the distant sky. A massive azure figure was concealed within it.

She rushed back inside and scratched her head worriedly, "No, no, this won't do! Your father is already back! Hurry! Find me a hiding place!"

Vivi finally hid under Yamato's bed, blending in with the shadows. Feeling that this hiding place was still not safe enough, she further reduced her heartbeat and entered a state of feigned death.

Kaidou in dragon form transformed into his human form in the air and landed heavily on the ground with a loud "thud."

(End of the Chapter)

19