Chapter 91: Vivi’s Familiar
301 0 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the next moment, the blood pool began to boil, and a large amount of steam appeared out of nowhere. Vivi saw fragments of the blood owners' lives through the steam. They were scattered and disconnected snippets. There was more pain and sadness in them than there was joy and happiness. 

She did not pay attention to the emotions of these strangers. After these fragments disappeared, the overflowing blood in the pool quickly gathered together as if receiving a signal. Eventually, the pool of diverse blood was transformed into a small cluster of pure blood.

The core of this pure blood was Vivi's drop of heartblood.

She closed her eyes to feel the connection between herself and the heartblood. The connection was clear, like an extension of her own limbs. She could control this small bowl of pure blood and command it to do certain things. Although it was still very immature, it was indeed a completely new life form based on her own self.

"Isis, grow up fast," she gave it a name.

"Okay, sister," the energy in the pure blood was so low that it was barely able to give a faint response.

The Isis created from the mixture of heartblood and a large amount of pure blood already had the embryonic form of a living being. However, due to the lack of energy, its physical and mental growth was extremely slow. It still needed pure blood, it needed much, much more.

"From now on, you are my familiar, my Nakama. Come to me." Vivi turned the signet ring on her left little finger. The pure blood turned into blood mist, enveloped her signet ring and finally formed a vivid blood-red pattern.

Vivi still held to her principle of survival. She defined Isis' role as a healer with a very simple function: To give her a sip when she was injured and her self-healing ability couldn't take effect immediately! 

In the future, Isis might even be able to take on injuries on her behalf. When the blood mist thickened further, Isis might even be able to fly with her, but for the time being, that wasn't possible. Isis was still too small for that.

With Isis around, there was no longer any need to fill the refrigerator with blood bags. Isis served as a mobile blood bank that integrated collection, processing, and storage. A touch of the signet ring was all that was needed to draw blood from a patient.

...

The separation of a drop of heartblood left Vivi severely weakened. For the next few days, she appeared very frail.

Vivi decided to close her clinic and seek refuge at Otsuru's teahouse in Okobore Town, fearing that she might encounter some formidable foes during this time. There, she supervised Otama's studies and planned to teach her the art of medicine.

Otama was still quite young. When Luffy arrived in Wano, Vivi estimated her age to be just over eight, not even nine.

What could an eight-year-old child do? Did Vivi have to put Otama into some position like Luffy did with Momonosuke? There was no need for that!

Vivi didn't know if she had changed Otama's trajectory. Would Otama still be able to eat the Dango Devil Fruit?

If not, she wouldn't stand a chance against Kaidou considering her age, no matter how much Vivi strengthened her now. At best, she could serve as a mascot to brighten up the atmosphere away from the battlefield.

But what good would that do?

Since Otama couldn't help in the future, it was better to improve her situation now. Vivi thought that a good way to get the little girl out of her current predicament would be to teach her medicine.

Several big sumo wrestlers had been subtly influenced by her for several rounds, providing more than enough protection for Otama in the Flower Capital.

"I don't want to read! I want to be a samurai! A kunoichi!"

Otama vehemently resisted reading. She made "shoo-shoo" noises and even made a ninja-throwing pose.

Vivi gave her a light slap on the forehead.

"Let me tell you, Otama. There may come a day in your life when a friend betrays you, maybe a lover betrays you, but medical skills won't. They just won't."

Otama: "???"

"Don't you understand? It's fine not to understand. Come on, read these books! You have to memorize them backwards and forwards."

Vivi's medical skill was originally only at Lv1. This skill was considered rare in this world, and it was almost impossible to pick it up by chance. The only way to improve it was through practice and study.

Relying on the ability of her Vampire Devil Fruit, she "treated" a bunch of patients, and her medical skill level increased every day. Now she was almost at Lv3. To make up for her own shortcomings, she also took the time to read medical books. At this moment, the situation with Otama was considered a state of self-learning and teaching at the same time.

After a day of force-fed teaching, Otama staggered out of the teahouse with eyes resembling mosquito coils.

"Awuu!" Komachiyo, acting like a parent picking up a child from school, quietly hid outside the teahouse. When it saw Otama emerge, it carried her and sprinted towards Amigasa Village, making it all the way to Otama's favorite beach.

"Komachiyo, do you think I'm stupid? I know my sister is doing this for my own good, but I just can't learn those things! Wuu wuu wuu—" The little girl felt sadder and sadder the more she thought about it, and tears streamed down her cheeks.

Komachiyo looked at her in utter confusion, showing a surprisingly human-like inquisitive expression.

Otama poured out her painful experiences of studying medicine as if she were pouring out a bucket of bitterness. She had encountered too many difficulties during her studies - unfamiliar words, unclear meanings, Vivi learning and teaching at the same time, and her teaching methods being somewhat topsy-turvy. Add to that her tender age, and the learning experience was simply awful.

Otama felt much better after pouring out her grievances. She kicked the sand on the beach vigorously. What else could she do? Just continue studying tomorrow!

"Awooo!" Komachiyo suddenly howled loudly, standing guard and urging Otama to step back.

Confused, Otama widened her eyes and scanned the sandy beach. This time, she finally noticed the source of Komachiyo's tension. With each kick of the sand, a humanoid creature emerged from the thick sand pile.

"Hey, are you okay? Are you alive?" Otama hid in Komachiyo's mane, scrutinizing the humanoid creature in the sand pile and asking from a distance.

When it came to "picking up" people, she had a lot of experience and quickly found out that it was a young man.

When the man heard the voice, he instinctively shook himself. This caused a large amount of sand to fall, exposing his upper body.

The man was shirtless, with a tattoo of 'ASCE' on his left arm, the 'S' marked with a black cross, and wore a red pearl necklace around his neck. A bright orange cowboy hat lay three meters away from him.

As Otama watched the man, he rolled over on the sandy beach and stretched out with great satisfaction.

He said in a low voice, "Why follow someone else's arrangement? One's destiny can only be controlled by oneself! If you don't want to learn, don't learn. The next time your sister forces you to learn, come to me. I'll teach her a lesson."

Otama hastily explained, "No, my sister is very good to me. She's the best, best, best person for me! You can't say that about her!"

"Is that so? I guess I meddled too much. Suit yourself."

The young man chuckled slightly. Without a care in the world, he slapped the sand. His cowboy hat, which was ten feet away, suddenly flew over and landed on his face. The snoring of the man was heard less than three seconds later...

(End of the Chapter)
 
19