Chapter 44: Third Maid
111 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Jane, isn’t this outfit too small…?”

“That’s the only size available, so please bear with it for now.”

“Ugh, I understand…”

Jane bluntly dismissed Enri’s request, and Enri reluctantly accepted.

Indeed, the size was small, and it looked somewhat indecent. It’s making him feel embarrassed just looking at it. In contrast, Enri's bosom and posterior were of a more modest proportion than those of individuals such as Mireille, whose dimensions aligned more closely with societal norms. Nevertheless, the fabric at hand proved insufficient to adequately accommodate Enri's proportions.

“Um, Enri. You don’t have to force yourself to be a maid, you know. I was just doing what is expected of a lord. If you’re trying to repay me, there’s no need.”

Hiro tried to convince her that it wouldn’t lead to a good outcome if they act based on temporary emotions.

But Enri shook her head vigorously to refuse.

“That’s not true. I was happy to be invited by you. I also wanted to support you, Lord Sraffa.”

Enri said that with a serious expression.

Her eyes didn't seem to be telling a lie.

“I’m not strong like Mireille, and I don’t have any special powers like Jane and Leila. So at least, I want to support my lord in daily life! I have some confidence in my housekeeping skills because my mother drilled them into me, and if you find me bothersome, you can fire me… Please!”

Enri said that and bowed her head forcefully.

He never expected her to become a maid with such strong determination.

“I also acknowledge her high maid skills, although there are still some rough edges… If you give me about two weeks, I will bring her up to the level where she can work at the castle.”

It’s rare for Jane to compliment someone.

That means Enri’s potential was genuine.

Hiro knew that Enri was a good person, so there’s no reason to refuse.

“Understood. Then I’ll leave it to you from now on, Enri.”

“…Really!? Thank you, Lord Sraffa. I’ll do my best.”

Hiro tightly held his hand with a dazzling smile.

He had become more resistant to Jane’s physical contact, but still got nervous when others touched him.

“Oh, but from now on, I should call you Lord Sraffa, right? Or would you prefer Master?”

“Please call me by my name. It would be lonely if we suddenly distanced ourselves.”

“If Lord Sraffa says so… I understand. Then I’ll continue to interact with you as before.”

“Yes. Please take care of me.”

And so, Enri became a new maid.

It seemed like things would become livelier from now on.

…Just as he was thinking that Jane interrupted by placing herself between their connected hands.

She then stared at Enri and opened her mouth.

“Lord Piero has given permission, so I will overlook you calling him familiarly. However, excessive physical contact is not allowed. Please interact within the framework of master and servant.”

“Yes, understood.”

Overwhelmed by Jane’s pressure, Enri nodded her head obediently.

Hiro didn’t think Enri would be clingy like Jane even without pointing it out.

“Of course, sleeping together at night is also not allowed. It is my duty to wake Lord Piero.”

“Sleeping together… Did you really do that!? That’s unfair!”

Jane smirked in response to Enri’s words. It’s rare for her to express her emotions so clearly.

"Yes. I often sleep with Jane, Mireille and Leila."

"Ehhh. Theee girls?"

"Yes. Although not now, but Enri, you are next."

Enri immediately blushed. 

“Now, now, let’s focus on teaching cleaning and cooking today. First… hmm?”

Jane, who had entered work mode, tried to teach Enri something, but she looked out the window as if she noticed something.

"What’s wrong?”

“It’s noisy outside… seems like something happened.”

“Outside?”

He became curious and left the mansion. 

As Hiro observed the bustling activity outside, his thoughts momentarily diverted from the domestic affairs within his mansion. The panorama from his elevated vantage point provided a commanding view of his domain, with the trio of villages—Eldham, Bulnes, and the nascent Carne settlement—spread out beneath him.

Amidst the orchestrated construction efforts, a sense of progress permeated the air. The ambitious project to excavate an artificial watercourse, bridging the natural river in the adjacent forest to the inhabited lands, symbolized a collective endeavor toward enhanced irrigation and agricultural prosperity. Though initially hindered by a scarcity of laborers, the recent influx of refugees had catalyzed a noticeable acceleration in the undertaking's pace.

Observing the scene unfolding below, Hiro's thoughts turned introspective. The stewardship of his lands, once a responsibility entrusted to him by birthright, had evolved into a more profound commitment to the welfare and advancement of his people. The influx of displaced individuals seeking solace within his territory had reinforced the importance of benevolent leadership and compassionate governance.

As Hiro contemplated the ongoing transformations within his domain, a subtle realization dawned upon him: the journey toward prosperity and harmony was a multifaceted odyssey, one that required not only strategic acumen but also empathy and solidarity. In the face of external challenges and internal dynamics, the bonds forged between lord and subjects, master and servant, would serve as the foundation upon which their collective aspirations could be realized.

6