——~(96)~——
397 4 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

pika-pika.png

Announcement

Thank you for the follow, @Rafcedeno!


"destroy what destroys you

before it can break you"

-Unknown


Electricity danced.

It danced amid the dawning horror, it danced amid the shouts, and it danced through the bodies, flowing in one second and out in the next as the whole world seemed to still to a fearful stop. Deku watched it all without a pinch of emotion to his name, even as he knew that, once more, he had been robbed of his choices. The alleged opportunity that had extended its arm to him fell short as time ticked on mercilessly and eventually left him in the dust.

But not at the choice of his own.

Regardless, he was silly to think that something as nice as that could thrive under his cold, dead grasp.

Or that the world, in all its complex contraptions and malicious, ugly schemes, would halt its motion, just for him.

Even if he didn't want to act, even if he splayed aimlessly within himself with neither goal nor reason in the sickening void that he had slowly recognized as his mind, the world would not stop for one person. The thought almost made his heart seize in his chest, paralyzed in unknowing, indecision, and most of all, fear. If he knew naught of what he wanted, then the events that had broken him and shaped him now would be doomed to repeat once more.

For what can a directionless individual do that won't end in regrets for an individual with purpose?

'But...'

He snapped his finger, as Gray zoomed headlong for the next person. Not even two seconds had passed yet in the confines of his own mind.

'I doubt I'll regret this.'

He watched, emotionlessly, as All Might spun on the tip of his foot, hand reaching out of the doorknob with not quite fear, but a variant of regret. His expression didn't change as Gray swam through him with a speed he could not match in his mortal flesh-suit of a body, didn't flinch as she swam out and he froze in place, like a butterfly that found its wings bolted in place.

He suppressed a nigh hysterical laugh as they seemed to stew in their own, ever so still confusion, Gray circling around him flippantly.

How ironic for their own minds to lock them in place, indeed.

"Thank you, Gray. Perfect timing," He spoke aloud, purposefully.

Seemingly getting what he himself was getting at, the little lightning serpent curled around his head, the tip of her 'tail' swaying languidly by his collarbone, as the lightning she was composed of made crackling noises in a 'sick' distortion of a laugh. Aizawa seemed to get it, as his pupils dilated the slightest bit, even as the rest of his body couldn't move a single muscle. The rest, after a moment more, seemed to get it as well; that Gray was, in fact, sentient.

Just enough information to make them a touch at ease, but enough withheld to maintain his dominance of the situation.

After all, if they seriously began thinking that their life was in danger, then the hold Gray established over them would vanish.

Consequently, though, if they were just stressed out, they would never get out.

Not that he would ever tell them that.

'Well then, shall I usher in the second act?'

"Any recording devices on them, Gray?" She shook her head from side to side in denial, amused at the plan that was outlined in his head enough to play along, it seemed. His eyes, in turn, gleamed with a particular kind of mischief when he forced them onto the ground as he folded his legs, in a mockery of subjects bowing to a king. They seemed to realize it as well, as their eyes darkened. "Well, then, gentleman and gentlewoman, I must say that you lot are in a pickle here. As am I, with your general existence."

His eyes were ice themselves as the following words fell out of his mouth.

"So much so that it would probably just be easier to kill you..."

He could physically feel them tense as adrenaline screamed in their veins, but not quite enough to tip them over the edge.

Which was good, because he wasn't intending on that level of intimidation.

"But very foolish in the long-term and stupid on my part," He folded his hands in his lap as he sighed, the very picture of boredom. "Really, that was a good move you played there. You attack me, force me to fight back, presumably capture me without trouble, then inverse the train of events when you whisper into the media's ear, and what do you know, I'm a villain and your school is saved from the media's ire."

He petted Gray aimlessly, the warm current of electricity stinging his fingertips gently.

"No one pays any mind to the Evil Villain's testimony and it's happily ever after for you guys, am I right? Unfortunately for you, you failed to succeed when you turned this from a 'civilized' talk to a matter of power. Of force. Of villainy, really-"

Hero A sneered, as his mouth clattered forcefully and with a few painful hitches.

"If you get that much, then let us go, you stupid brat. If you kill us now, you'll be exposed for what you really are, you Villain-!"

He snapped his fingers once more.

Hero A's mouth was wrenched shut.

'Well, he certainly gave the reply I expected when I let him talk. It's good to have my suspicions verified, and as an added bonus, as one of theirs was the first to bring it up, it will be much easier to delve into my next point. What a handy tool.'

"Indeed, indeed— if I kill you all here, the suspicion will just be thrown to me. Not that fun, huh? But I do wonder what would happen if I happened to reach the media first. You know, it's not that hard, with you being stuck here and all. Why, all I have to do is report my little misadventure with you all in my capacity as the media's golden boy, and you'll be forced to eat your pie."

The room was silent, until it wasn't.

"That would be a shame, Midoriya-san. To the point where we'd have to ask you to stay your hand."

Deku's mouth curled in a frown as he turned toward the new guest to the party.

One he hadn't been able to sense.

And...

'The government finally sent their dogs, huh?'

A government official stood right before his eyes.

'I never thought I would see the so-called "mantis stalks the cicada, unaware of the oriole behind," in real life before. This guy was planning on using the heroes for the hard work, while he swoops in and gets me, supposedly. But the Heroes were one thing; why would the government care about me, of all people? Beyond throwing me behind some rusty bars, that is.'

"Midoriya-san, we of the HPSC1Hero Public Safety Commission apologize for the rather... rough treatment. If you could forgive this discourtesy, we would be rather grateful to you," The middle-aged man smiled at him in that way that only politicians could. "We didn't intend for things to escalate so quickly. The Heroes had a rather unorthodox idea about our orders."

'Oh? Throwing them under the bus, I see? But it explains why they choose this timing to jump me.'

"There's no problem whatsoever, officer. I understand that there can be accidents in such an arduous line of work," He drew out the words, purposefully meaningful as the officer frowned, ever so slightly. "I mean, why else would a law-abiding citizen such as me get brutally attacked? But..."

His eyes narrowed into crescents.

"I would like some compensation for my ails."

AN: Now with more~

offical-banner.png

 
18