The Beginning
791 5 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Life is full of strange and wondrous things like miracles, wishes, and dreams. Those kinds of things can happen to any random person or someone we least expected. For an ordinary girl like me, something strange did happen to me. Let me tell you from the very beginning if you want to understand the story.

My name is Melissa Daniels. I'm 21 years old. I live in Seattle where it rains some of the time. During those rainy days, I would be on my laptop writing fanfic stories. I was pretty famous on my Wattpad account. I loved all kinds of Literature and hoped to become a professor. I got hooked onto Literature because of my grandparents who raised me after my parents passed away in a car accident when I was 9 years old. I've made many friends through different clubs during my school years. Everyone was always supportive of me and my dream. At the moment, I was on my last year as a college student and would soon graduate with a bachelor's degree in literature. I was very excited for my up-and-coming future as a Literature Professor. So enough about my personal life. Let me tell you about what led to an unexpected event that changed my life. Forever.


My day started like any other day: waking up and getting ready for school. Once I was fully ready, I headed towards the cafeteria to get some breakfast which was toast with peanut butter on it and a glass of chocolate milk. After I was done, I headed towards my classes. Most of them were languages, different literatures, art, history and other classes that are required for my major. I loved learning about different languages, cultures and history. There's much inspiration from those classes for future stories I might write someday. 


Soon enough, the day was coming to an end. I had three writing assignments, math homework and one art project. Hopefully I will finish my writing assignments before Sunday. At that moment, I was crossing the street, heading towards my dorm room. I was slightly exhausted from all of my classes, math especially. Then I made it across the street and walked towards my dorm. As I walked, I began to hear footsteps behind me. I thought nothing of it since there are some students still walking around and that person was probably was heading towards the same dorm or will go in another direction. But these footsteps seemed to be following me. Before I could run, I felt something sharp impale me into my back. The strength in my legs began to weaken and soon dropped on my knees. Then my body fell to the side onto the pavement with a thud. I couldn't move or even talk as I laid there with excruciating pain. All I could do was stare ahead at the concrete path while blood began to pour onto the ground. A pair of shoes appeared in front of me, I looked up and saw a person wearing a black hoodie which made me unable to see the person's face. The person raised their hand and pulled off their hood. My eyes widened at the identity of the person: Sarah Greenburg.

Sarah Greenburg, a fellow classmate who shared the same passion of Literature as me. Her mother is a well-known writer. But it was a well-known fact that she didn't really have her mom's talent. Sarah was always trying to submit stories to numerous publishing companies, but they kept getting rejected. The girl was very determined to become a famous writer. Personally, I think she was only writing stories in order to become famous and get a lot of money from her stories. Right now, I never thought that Sarah would do this to me. Although I knew that she always saw me as some sort of rival. She always seemed so friendly yet arrogant at the same time which was weird. 

"This is the end of your story, Melissa. Die well." Sarah said, coldly, before she put her hood back on and walked away.

My eyes just stared at Sarah's retreating figure, and they slowly shut, and my world was casted into darkness.


"(Melissa.)" A masculine voice called out to her.

I slowly opened my eyes and noticed that all of my surroundings were in white. I was pondering on why I was here. But then I saw something ginormous in front of me: Arceus the Alpha Pokémon.

"Arceus." I gasped.

"(Melissa.)" Arceus's voice boomed all around me in a deep baritone voice. "(I am truly sorry for your loss.)" It said in a calm but apologetic tone.

I was confused at first but then I remembered when Sarah Greenburg had stabbed me in the back which caused my death. I remembered the helplessness and the numbness of unable to do anything.

"I'm dead..." I whispered out in horror, feeling despair take over me. I quickly burst into tears over what I had lost, feeling in my heart the words Arceus said to me were true.

'No! Grandma, Grandpa, my friends, this can't be true!'

"It just can't be! Tell me this is just a joke, or a cruel dream. Please Arceus..." I pleaded to the god with loud sobs.

Arceus just floated there in front of me, waiting patiently for me to calm down enough before continuing the conversation.

"Arceus please, send me back. I need to go home!" I cried out with a look of pure anguish in my eyes, the tears I was shedding rolling down my cheeks in waves.

"(I am sorry, but I cannot. Even I do not have the power to do so.)" Arceus said in an apologetic voice.

I looked down in defeat I could not help but start to feel hopeless. I felt my tears dripping off of my face and saw them fall down into the dark abyss below me, 'I don't want to be dead; I had a wonderful future that I was working so hard to achieve. I had a loving family and the few friends I had were amazing! I don't want to leave them!'

"(However, would you like a second chance at life?)" Arceus continued on.

I looked up slowly when I heard those words.

"A second chance?" I asked hesitantly.

"(I may not be able to bring you to your original home, but I can give you a new life.)" Arceus replied.

"A new life? What would happen if I said no?" 

"(You will stay here.)" Arceus said rather bluntly.

I gaped at him in pure horror.

'I don't want to stay here! I just want to live!... But is it alright to accept this offer?' I pondered, 'I won't ever see my family and friends ever again. However, the thought of living in the Pokémon world does sound fun.'

"Okay, I'll go. Who knows what might happen if I go there." I decided.

"(Don't worry. You'll be able to have a happy life and make friends. You'll also have a great adventure through your Pokémon journey)." Arceus assured me.

"Yeah. Maybe we'll see each other again someday." I prayed.

"(I have a feeling we will)." Arceus said.

Then everything went white around them.


The next thing I know is that something bright was beaming on me and I started screaming; wanting the light to be turned off. Then I was being wrapped into something soft and warm.

"Congratulations, Miss Ketchum, you have a beautiful baby girl." A female voice said before I was being handed to someone. The person held me gently as I absorbed the warmth from them.

I slowly opened my eyes to see a woman smiling down at me. I felt like I recognized her from somewhere, but where?

"What should her name be?" A female voice asked.

"Luneth. Luneth Ketchum." 'Miss Ketchum' replied.

"I think your son is going to be happy to have a sister." A female voice commented.

"Ash will definitely be happy to have Luneth." Miss Ketchum agreed.

I looked at the woman again and finally put the pieces together; the woman smiling down at me is Delia Ketchum and the boy that she was talking about was her son, Ash Ketchum!

That's when I finally realized: I was reborn in the world of Pokémon!

23