Chapter 65: One year has passed (CSUB3)
0 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Wei:

Jeff, what do you think about the possibility that Mother Joanna is the Gorgon? Her deeds are known to be ones of kindness. She was always a pillar for the Ursula 590 community.

Jolene, she will be put through a truth test later today. What I don’t understand is, where did she find the money for all of her charity events? The Gretchen family is not old money, and...

I turn off the TV, and look at little Daniel, who is slithering on the carpet. Rodger is holding his hands, to make sure he is not going to fall. I smile at the sight before me. Out of all the dungeon made children, Daniel is the one to make the most progress with moving on his own. I can’t be prouder of him.

“And we did it!” Rodger exclaims, as they reach the screen. “Dany, do you want to see a trick?”

Daniel whips his tail as if he is a puppy. I take out my phone, and quickly take a picture. My son turns towards me, with a bright smile on his face.

“Bunny,” Daniel says, and I blink. Just where did he see that bunny? I look at the screen. Sure enough, there is a bunny made out of rocks in the middle of the barren landscape.

“Did you make that, Dany?” I ask him. He nods energetically, his tail swinging with every nod. “Good job, kiddo. You will be good enough to terraform soon enough.”

The Naga boy grins at me. Then, I see that more rocks shift, and there are more figurines in the screen. Deer, birds of many different kinds. Even a pig. Rodger grins, and suddenly all the statues rise from the ground, and begin to dance. A smile tugs at my lips. I clap my hands, and an orange Aurora Borealis is to be seen on the outside.

I go to them, and sit by their side. Rodger places little Daniel in my hands, and hums.

“This is nice,” Rodger says, as he sits down. “So peaceful. I don’t believe I have ever been happier, than in this past year.”

“You are just happy that all of your friends are close by,” I say. Rodger grins.

“That too. Do you want to arrange a play date for all the children?” Rodger asks.

 Daniel looks up at me with his trademark lopsided grin. I sigh. A play date means that the kids will watch TV, while I will look after them. During that time, Rodger will probably take Daniel to a bar crawl. I furrow my brows.

“You went out just yesterday. Please don’t tell me you want to drink again?” I ask my husband. He shakes his head.

“I was thinking that Dany and Nate can come out of the crystal, so we can explore. I mean, the planet must have some minerals. They will be beneficial, when we come out of hiding,” Rodger is right, that we have to explore. Yet, I don’t want for anyone to risk their lives. Not even if they have a Dust-co. The planet still doesn’t have an atmosphere. Any device that has ever been used can malfunction.

“No way. You will end up dead,” I say, and then point at the screen. “I have been feeling high levels of radiation from this planet. Purifying it is a slow process.”

“We have to do something. As pleasant as it is, to spent time with my son, I can’t take being cooped up anymore,” Rodger then stands from his seat, and slithers towards the door.

“Where are you going?” I ask. Little Daniel twists in my hold, so he can stare at his father.

“I was thinking I can go check up on Alfred,” Rodger says, and I am relieved that he doesn’t want to go out anymore. I manifest a picnic basket, full of all kinds of sandwiches, and three large bottles of mint tea. Rodger takes the basket, and smiles at me.

“You always think about everything,” he comments. Then, he waves to us for goodbye, and slithers out. As the door clicks into place, I look at my son.

“Do you want to draw a picture?” I ask, already manifesting a sheet of paper with an already drawn rabbit on it. The only thing my son should do now, is color it. Daniel reaches out and takes the paper. He looks it from all side. I take his pencils from the table next to us.

Daniel is soon doodling away. Now, I don’t know why the rabbit ended up with the color pattern of a Dru’dru, but Daniel had fun, and that is all that matters. When he yawns, I take him back to the crib. Once he is settled, I go to my desk, and begin checking my tasks for the day.

There is a petition for a new law that states that people with Dust-co can exit the crystal. I throw it in the trash bin. It is too dangerous. The next petition is for a new fitness studio on the main street. I snap my fingers, and grand that wish.

I keep on going through the paperwork, one suggestion at a time. The Dru’dru don’t ask for much, and I am always happy to deliver. Those who are not Dru’dru, are more problematic.

The people who came from Olradus 700 want to go home. I don’t want to keep them here against their will, but what other choice do I have?

If even one of them gives up the secret that we are alive, then the Gorgon will come knocking. I don’t believe even for a second, that the Gorgon is the woman the police caught. Maybe she is a scapegoat, but definitely not the Gorgon.

No, no one is leaving the crystal, while we are still in danger. Once the real Gorgon is caught, I think we can leave here. Olradus 600 may be gone, but I still have dungeon lines in the Scorpio desert in New Ursula 590.

We can live there, after a couple of thousands of years. By the time that we go there, people would have forgotten us completely. I just hope that Gorgon doesn’t end up attacking the other dungeon cores.

0