Chapter 1 — Where’s this?
1.2k 9 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hello everyone who decided to read this! I probably suck at writing as I’ve never done anything related to writing outside of school, but I felt like writing a story after reading too many webnovels. Anyways, this webnovel is inspired by stories such as Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear and The Reincarnated Vampire Wants an Afternoon Nap. Well then, enjoy my poorly written chapter!

Chapter 1 — Where’s this?

Where’s this?

 

I seem to be in a room… if you can even call it that. I seem to be floating in some fuzzy peach colored void. 

 

“You died. How was life?”

 

Eh? What’s that voice?

 

“I am ENTITY, and yes, I can read your thoughts.”

 

“Oh… how did I die?”

 

“You were hit by a meteor in your sleep, so unfortunately you did not have a chance to dodge.”

 

How is it even possible to dodge a meteor? I don’t know.

 

“Anyways, I will be forcibly reincarnating you so have fun! I’ll give you some nice skills too.”

 

“Eh? Wha-”

 

“Have fun~!”


 

Ugh… my head feels dizzy. Where’s this place? A forest? Hmmm… I guess I should explore.

 

*ping* (A/N: Discord notification sound)

 

Oh so there is a status menu. What a cliché. Might as well take a look.

 

Open.”

 

Huh this status menu is really dissapointing. There’s no levels or anything, just a map and messages section. Let’s read the message.

 

I see you have woken up! Anyways you are a vampire now! I made you immune to the sun though. You will need about a cup of blood a week. Any blood will do as long as it is not yours. Also, be careful of people, as vampires are generally pretty feared. You should pass for a half elf though! Anyways, I gave you an item box and some money to get started. Have fun~!

 

A vampire, huh? Interesting. Might as well do some exploring. It would be nice if I could find a town. Hm. Nothing interesting here, but might as well grab a tree branch for protection. Wouldn’t it break in a hit or two anyways?

 

Hyu iae qarwxuvw!

 

Eh? There’s a voice? I can’t understand it though. Maybe it’s magic? I should head towards it. Wait can I even fight? My sword skills had better not have dropped. Or are there any polearms around?

 

*ping*

 

Another notification? Guess I’ll read that first.

 

So you want to fight? Here is the magic tutorial! It is very simple. Imagine what you want to happen, will it to happen, and invoke it with a word! If your will is strong enough, maybe you will not even need to use words! Have fun~!

 

Well then, this should be pretty simple.

 



I got attacked by an owlbear. How did this happen? Well, you see I was walking through the forest on a trip to gather some herbs. Then, this owlbear showed up. As a D rank adventurer, an owlbear is a bit above my pay grade. I think I can handle it though. Hopefully.

 

“HOOOOOAAARRRR” (A/N: Hoo hoo + roar = hooar)

 

I dodge to the left of the incoming claw and slash at its arm. Then…

 

“Windblade!”

 

I shot a blade of wind at its eyes. Ah shit! I forgot about its other arm! I don’t know if I can dodge this one…

 

Bynuwohh.”

 

A fireball slams into the owlbear. Using the opening created by the fireball, I run behind the owlbear and stab straight into its skull. A girl with blue hair and aqua highlights is approaching me. Is she the one who shot the fireball? Either way, her magenta eyes don’t show any signs of hostility.

 



Magic is surprisingly easy to use. I shot a fireball at an owlbear and the brown haired elf girl finished it off. Maybe I can ask her for directions?

 

“Are you okay? You seem fine. Do you happen to know how to get to a town from here?”

 

The girl titls her head. Hm… maybe we don’t speak the same language?

 

Blox ovu woeyrk? Bla ovu iae? Y oq Luna.

 

We definitely don’t speak the same language. I point to myself and say, “Ei.” The girl seems to want me to follow her so I might as well.

 

After walking for a while we reached the gate of a town. The walls aren’t special but they seem sturdy. The girl from earlier is conversing with the guard who yelled something to another guard who then ran off.

 

Then, a short old man in a wizard hat comes out of the gate. He’s holding some weird blue crystal. I then recieve the crystal. I think the old man is trying to get me to eat the crystal? Maybe it’s candy. 

 

If I had to describe the taste of the crystal, I would be unable to as it tasted like nothing. However, after swallowing my head began to feel heavy, as if thousands of voices were speaking at once. Oh, great… my consciousness is fading… let’s hope I don’t die.

 



I didn’t die. That’s nice. 

 

Oh, you’re finally awake!

 

Eh? What’s this? I can understand the girl’s words now.

 

What you just ate was crystalized knowledge of the common language. Passing out is a common side effect. Let’s introduce ourselves again, I’m Luna.

 

How convenient.

 

I’m Ei.

 

That’s a nice name. Also, thanks for the assist earlier. Oh, I brought you to town since you seemed lost. The guards have a few questions for you, but after I can show you around!

 

That would be helpful, I was looking for a town. Alright, call the guards over.

 

I gotta say, having knowledge injected into your brain is a weird experience.

 

And thus concludes the first chapter. I’ll try to update 3 times a week or so, but no promises. Also, fun fact, the common language is just normal English shifted 3 consonants/vowels up or down, depending on if you want to get to English or from English.

Please leave feedback, any misspellings/typos, and impressions in the comments :)

29